Pink to portray Janis Joplin...

Quietstorm

Superhero
Reaction score
Article from VH1

Now the article also says that Renee' Zellweger(sp?) will also portray Janis is another movie. I say that's bad casting :down: I haven't seen Pink act before, but I guess her voice would be alright. What do you guys think?

If anyone should portray Janis Joplin it should be this woman:

nikka13.jpg

nikkacosta_0029.jpg

Nikka Costa :up:

nikka costa is too hot to be janis, but i would love to see that. can she act? if she's as good an actress as she is singer/uber-hottie, than i'd pay to see that.

I don't know how good Pink is as an actor, mainly because the only film role I've seen her in was that Charlie's Angels sequel. But i think she can pull off the attitude.

I don't know why really, she just seems to have that kiss my ass attitude that Janis Joplin seemed to have. I mean you can't really judge by her performance in Charlie's Angels because McG reads a script wearing a blind fold and having a chimpanzee with Downs Syndrom interpret for him.

it takes more than an attitude to act well.

they're making a movie on janis joplin

F U C K!!!!

Pink is acting in a movie

DOUBLE F U C K!!!!

PINK IS ACTING IN A MOVIE ABOUT JANIS JOPLIN

SLIT MY THROAT NOW!!!!

Originally posted by BeserkerHilf
they're making a movie on janis joplin

F U C K!!!!

Pink is acting in a movie

DOUBLE F U C K!!!!

PINK IS ACTING IN A MOVIE ABOUT JANIS JOPLIN

SLIT MY THROAT NOW!!!!

*gets out pocket knife* :o

no way, i hate that !!!!! pink. don't ever get the bubblegum pop anywhere near to a rock legend. no chance in hell poppers to do a rock bibliography.

As long as they never ask Busta Rhymes to star in a Jimmy Hendrix biopic, I'm happy.

Originally posted by clashingtitan
As long as they never ask Busta Rhymes to star in a Jimmy Hendrix biopic, I'm happy.
Well, Andre 3000 was just casted in one.:)

if jimi hendrix, they gotta go with lajon witherspoon of sevendust

lenny would be too obvious, and i don't know if lajon can play guitar. obviously, they'd be hard pressed to find someone who can shred like jimi, but some one who at least plays. andre has said that he can play.

I just went to that Nikka Costa site and she is amazing :up:

I listened to all her songs she is a great singer :up:

and being attractive doesn't hurt either :up:

I haven't heard anything else about this movie
but maybe they should consider casting a different person then PINK:down

Does Janis Joplin need a movie. Does anyone care. She was an ugly ass drug addict with a ****ty voice.

punishermax said:
Does Janis Joplin need a movie. Does anyone care. She was an ugly ass drug addict with a ****ty voice.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You're hilarious.

I don't know about her acting, but I saw Pink do Joplin's "Bobby Magee" on some music show a while back and I was VERY impressed. She actually sounded like her....but better. I had never liked Pink but I have been on the search for an MP3 of that performance ever since.

punishermax said:

Janis Joplin> You

a piece of mt heart dies at the thought of pink as joplin.

i think kate hudson could maybe make a good joplin.

LastSunrise1981 said:
Janis Joplin> You

Hmmmmm....let's see here.......little eats big......carry the two....yet she's dead and I'm not....that makes me the winner by default.

Are they going to make a goddamn movie about EVERY music legend?

punishermax said:
Hmmmmm....let's see here.......little eats big......carry the two....yet she's dead and I'm not....that makes me the winner by default.

Even in death Janis Joplin owns you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"