Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I'm pretty sure that Disney and Bruckheimer will try to make it for a summer 2013 so I'm expecting the news to star around the end of the year.

What do you want from the fifth movie?

The sure things are:

Depp and Rush will be back.
It will be 3D.

That's it. What about the villain. What villain do you imagine for the next one?

I want to be Jolly Roger:
1f17dbd5dc0121e0.jpg

this is official art from Disney and it looks great. He can be supernatural villain ala Davy Jones and he has this great back story with Jack.

What do you guys think?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/...-5-itll-be-much-more-like-the-first-film.html

Kaya Scodelario on Pirates of the Caribbean 5: 'It'll be much more like the first film'

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Kaya Scodelario promises that the fifth entry in the swashbuckling franchise "will have much more of the feel of the first film".

Speaking exclusively to Digital Spy while promoting her latest movie, The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, Scodelario was keen to talk about Pirates 5's links to Curse of the Black Pearl.

"It [does have] a lot more of the first movie, that's what they wanted to bring it back to," she said.

"[The producers] want to take it back to the beginning again. They wanted it to have this epic journey, and for it to make sense, and for it to tie things up, and also lead to new storylines."

The 23-year-old Skins veteran also opened up about her character in the film, Carina Smyth.

"[Carina] is an astronomer, and she is an academic," Scodelario explained. "She's fighting for the right to study at university, because women couldn't at that time.

"So she's on her own journey - looking for the trident of Poseidon - and she has a diary with clues, and she encounters Jack Sparrow along the way, and he messes everything up. As he does. And it's fun!"

Geoffrey Rush's Hector Barbossa, Orlando Bloom's Will Turner and Stephen Graham's Scrum are all returning for the new Pirates movie, with Javier Bardem the biggest newcomer, playing the villainous Captain Salazar.

If all this has got you excited about Cap'n Jack Sparrow's fifth big screen adventure, there's sad news, me hearties - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales won't hit cinemas until July 2017.

Didn't they say exactly the same thing for the 4th film? And that one ended up being the blandest and most forgetable one. I hope this one doesn't end up the same way.

It sounds like Carina will be the main character and Jack will be a side character that she meets along the way. If that is the case it will be more like film 1.

Sounds good to me, just hope it can capture the spirit of the first, can't see it being worse than OST I thought that was really poor.

New Release Date: May 26th, 2017

Crazy how this is coming out ten years after the third one did. The hype train was crazy for 2 and 3 especially. I remember that like it was yesterday.

Crazy how this is coming out ten years after the third one did. The hype train was crazy for 2 and 3 especially. I remember that like it was yesterday.

That is crazy:wow:

There needs to be a ****ing Ghosthunters episode in finding this damn movie. And there will be a lack of evidence and it won't exist because they gave up.

I'm still excited for this one. I loved the first 2, and very much enjoyed 3 even though most seem to dislike it. 4 was good but not what the trilogy was for me anyway. But I'm excited and hoping this one is a return to form.

I remember seeing the first 3 in theaters though, very fun theater experience at the time for sure. :up:

I'm still excited for this one. I loved the first 2, and very much enjoyed 3 even though most seem to dislike it. 4 was good but not what the trilogy was for me anyway. But I'm excited and hoping this one is a return to form.

I remember seeing the first 3 in theaters though, very fun theater experience at the time for sure. :up:

Agreed, watched them all about a year ago again and still love the first 3. 1st was the best but for me the 2nd and especially 3rd movie are still highly enjoyable movies. I didn't like the 4th though I thought it was pretty poor. Hoping for the best for 5 though and will be seeing it when it comes out.

Agreed, watched them all about a year ago again and still love the first 3. 1st was the best but for me the 2nd and especially 3rd movie are still highly enjoyable movies. I didn't like the 4th though I thought it was pretty poor. Hoping for the best for 5 though and will be seeing it when it comes out.

4 just felt weird.

The fourth was the first film that I felt fell into the old trap of all pirate media; pushing the actual piracy (I.e., robbery via the sea) as far and away into the corner as possible. CotBP had Barbossa and his crew sacking towns and seizing ships for the Aztec coins, and a huge portion of it was spent on water. DMC had Jack and co. stealing both Davy Jones's chest and the key to it. AWE had constant robbery and deception over Jack, the compass, the Black Pearl, and the chest. And while there was still piracy in OST, it was primarily a treasure hunt, with the real piracy passed over; Blackbeard stealing the Pearl from Barbossa is only in the backstory?

The fourth was the first film that I felt fell into the old trap of all pirate media; pushing the actual piracy (I.e., robbery via the sea) as far and away into the corner as possible. CotBP had Barbossa and his crew sacking towns and seizing ships for the Aztec coins, and a huge portion of it was spent on water. DMC had Jack and co. stealing both Davy Jones's chest and the key to it. AWE had constant robbery and deception over Jack, the compass, the Black Pearl, and the chest. And while there was still piracy in OST, it was primarily a treasure hunt, with the real piracy passed over; Blackbeard stealing the Pearl from Barbossa is only in the backstory?

Yep, it was just a poorly thought out movie. And Rob Marshall wasn't suited to the material as a director at all.

Picked up the 18' Necca Captain Jack from the Deanman's chest collection for $39. He was missing the spare left hand tho and I THINK a scabbard, not sure. Anyone know if this came with one? This IS used
zDRpfCM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"