What is your favorite Pirates of the Caribbean movie?

TwoFace12

Civilian
Reaction score
What is your favorite Pirates of the Caribbean movie? Prepare to discuss.

The Curse of The Black Pearl, without a single doubt!:cool:

I love all of´em, I really do !!! But I prefer COTBP because it´s a complete story, the other two feel to me like one movie divided in two parts...also, I like AWE better than DMC.....:o

Polux

The first of course. Perfect blend of adventure and fun with great jokes and a very witty script and dialogue. Jack here played a role in the plot but wasn't a ****e to it. He wasn't always doing slapstick and at times he was quite serious.

The second is alright. The cannibal island scene while fun had no place being there. Nighly is ****ing awesome as Jones and Knightly is beautiful. I loved the cliffhanger ending. But the Kraken sequences got old very quickly.

The third, oh christ. It got repetetive with Jack constantly being on the other ships, the whole Locker sequence. What the hell? Being too damn long. There's honestly too many problems with this to even mention.

Oh, and most of all a ****ing 100 foot woman exploding into crabs.

Good day.

Sequels are usually worse than the first movie. This is no exception. However I've only seen the first 2.

I chose AWE cause of the score mostly... but love all 3.

I love all of´em, I really do !!! But I prefer COTBP because it´s a complete story, the other two feel to me like one movie divided in two parts...also, I like AWE better than DMC.....:o

Polux
but they are.

like some people are saying for matrix reloaded and revolutions. its the same.

I loved the first
I loved the second
I hated the third

CoTBP was the best, I dont understand the backlash for DMC

1) Curse of the Black Pearl
2) At World's End
3) Dead Man's Chest

Since AWE came out, I have had absolutely zero reason to go back and watch Dead Man's Chest. The other two I really like, but I just don't like DMC. The third one fixed most of the problems that DMC had, IMO. The only thing that really drags AWE down is the scenes in the Locker, and some of the Calypso stuff.

I'll go with Dead Man's Chest. For starters because we understand the main characters well enough to jump right into the fun like X-Men 2 did. A wonderful assortment of antagonists plagued our heroes and action seemed somehow seemed outlandish & plausible, including my all time favorite sword fight.

Curse of the Black Pearl, easily.

I'd say curse of the black pearl but i enjoyed the other films as well.

Curse of the Black Pearl, easily.
I concur.DMC was fun but Not as great as COTBP.Also AWE just never ended.I was bored.I just wanted it to end at one point.If a fourth is done I hope they try to keep it like COTBP and not try to jam a bunch of useless stuff in there.

I chose Dead Mans Chest for it's Academy Award winning special effects! But The Curse of The Black Pearl is the better film, well I'm just a visual effects junkie.

How could it NOT be Black Pearl?

I like them all, but the first is the best by far and large. The second two aren't as fun.

The second, only because it does suffer from "crammed with way too much **** sequel-itis", as ROTF does. I think the sequel, they had way too much fun doing and just threw the kitchen sink in for some reason, and it shows. They even poked fun at how convoluted it was when Pintel and Ragetti are discussing it on the beach during the three way fight.

I enjoyed all three. I actually watched DMC last night for the first time in ages.

The first is my favourite followed by AWE, DMC being my least favourite.

I thought the first was one of the most boring movies I'd ever seen. The second was pretty entertaining- for a Hollywood spectacle. Never saw part three. Never will.

Well aren't you a little ray of sunshine lol. Chances are, if you enjoyed 2, then you'll enjoy 3. It's only two hours ;)

The first one easilly. The most disappointed thing to me about the third one is the final battle. All of those ships in the ocean & only two fight . None of those Pirates had the right to dance & cheer in the end. None of them did accept those on the Pearl & only one guy gave will his due while cheering :o I did not care for Part - 2 either way but Part - 3 annoys me to no end they obviously ran out of money & both sides did not need all of those ships out there what was the point ? If the Pearl lost & was destroyed I guess the other Pirates would have ran like whiney babies

The first is the ONLY good one. The rest are a terrible waste of time. I was so disappointed with DMC in theaters and I still can't even finish watching AWE whenever its on TV

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"