What is your favorite Pirates of the Caribbean movie?

I would have gone with Pirates 3 but Giant Calypso always makes me cringe and frankly I was expecting Will to put up a better fight. Pirates 2 is too much plot and jokes and not enough action/adventure. Pirates 1 was a perfect blend (although the quality of the instruments in the first one sucked)

What do you mean by the quality of the instruments?

I used to think that the second one was the best for some reason but then I finally had a braingasm and realized that the first one was the best as it can stand alone as a film.

The third is the worst, that's all I can say. I like the second but with no ending its not much of a tale imo

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. I loved everything about the movie, and i thought it was a great and fun story to tell. I loved Jack and his entrance in the movie is simply awesome.

I do enjoy all three, but my favorite is still the first one.

It was on yesterday on sci fi. And damn, I REALLY REALLY need to be in the mood to watch these films. I get so tired of them.

But yeah, Jack's intro in the first was brilliant. It was a crime he didn't win that Oscar.

The first one 'The Curse of the Black Pearl'.

The sequels just became too bloated with characters. My gf and I both agreed while watching the third film that we have never wanted characters to die off so badly in a film just to lighten the load I guess you could say.

It's easy to weed out what people's priorities are as movie viewers with this question.

All three function as action adventure films, but the first also has simplicity of approach. It can be taken lightly, and if that's what the viewer wants, they'll get it from the first. The second and third are exponentially more complex.

If the viewer is willing to really be along for the ride, and not just passively enjoy them, there are some some truly compelling thematic payoffs to be reaped from the sequels.

the 2nd was wasnt that complex imo

But the 3rd was one double cross after another until it wasnt even interesting anymore

The first one easily. As so many others have said, the second and third are just way too bloated. The director was given too much money and freedom, much like Bay with ROTF and the Wachowski's with the Matrix sequels.

The first one easily. As so many others have said, the second and third are just way too bloated. The director was given too much money and freedom, much like Bay with ROTF and the Wachowski's with the Matrix sequels.

Perfect comparison. Loved the first but the sequels while still entertaining were only one time watchers.

Curse Of The Black Pearl is still the best one out of them all, but I loved AWE as well, DMC is the worst of them IMO, but I find all 3 entertaining. But at the same time totally understand the criticisms of 2 and 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"