Pirates Of The Caribbean Mega Thread

Arkady Rossovich

Superhero
Reaction score
Now i know there were discussions for each of the films seperately,but i thought there should be a thread for all of them.As a whole,what do people think of the franchise?Was the first film the best?Or were they all good?..and should there be a fourth?

I voted for Curse of the Black Pearl, thoughts the sequels were decent but overlong and no, I don't think there should be a 4th.

I Only liked Black Pearl.

I'm sure there will be a fourth though. There is much more money to be made. No one cares that they ran out of good ideas after the first one.

CotBP is the best. But I'll admit, I loved the sequels to death.

I wouldn't mind a fourth.

COTBP is easily the best. :up:

DMC & AWE were alright too. I enjoyed AWE a bit more on DVD than I did in the cinema....

CotBP was awesome, 10/10 for me, but the two sequels declined in quality drastically, with the last one being awful.

Plots were'n't resolved or left half baked, and the action lacked class if not gusto. Even Davy Jones looked more worse in the AWE. They catered too much for Knightley's ego (I wanna kiss Johnny Depp- "Lets write that in for no reason!") and Depp was overused.

i liked them all, but the best was 1. and yes there should be a 4th, and theres a thread for it

COTBP was the best. I personally wish they kept each one as a stand alone adventure as opposed to trying to be all epic and Star Wars-esque in DMC and AWE. They work better as Indiana Jones-esque, fun, action movies. And when you try to be something you aren't...bad things happen :csad:

I voted for Curse of the Black Pearl, thoughts the sequels were decent but overlong and no, I don't think there should be a 4th.

I'd like a 4th one done in a way similiar to The Godfather Part 2. Have a plot set in the present and a plot set in the past and keep switching between them. The present plot would involve Barbossa and Jack's race for the fountain of youth. The past plot would involve Barbossa and Jack's early years, leading up to Barbossa's mutiny.

I'd like a 4th one done in a way similiar to The Godfather Part 2. Have a plot set in the present and a plot set in the past and keep switching between them. The present plot would involve Barbossa and Jack's race for the fountain of youth. The past plot would involve Barbossa and Jack's early years, leading up to Barbossa's mutiny.
me likes!

They were all good, but only the first one was great.

I agree with that . I'd also like to add that Johnny Depp is the man and I hope he plays Captain Jack again someday , I would like the film to focus on him and Barbossa .

I agree with that . I'd also like to add that Johnny Depp is the man and I hope he plays Captain Jack again someday , I would like the film to focus on him and Barbossa .

depp said he wasnt done with the sparrow character a few months back i believe.

I thought the only thing great to come out of the sequels was Davy Jones. They are solid films, but they just didn't have the greatness as the first one.

I thought the only thing great to come out of the sequels was Davy Jones. They are solid films, but they just didn't have the greatness as the first one.

Agreed.

Truthfully, I liked them all equally. And I'd see a fourth one ONLY if it focused on Jack and Barbossa searching for the fountain of youth. No need for Will or Elizabeth for the fourth. Their story is done. They had closure. But there's endless possibilities for Jack Sparrow.

Truthfully, I liked them all equally. And I'd see a fourth one ONLY if it focused on Jack and Barbossa searching for the fountain of youth. No need for Will or Elizabeth for the fourth. Their story is done. They had closure. But there's endless possibilities for Jack Sparrow.

**Tosses the BS flag** :cwink:

It's been said that if another film is made,Elizabeth Swan won't be back. The actress who players her said she had enough,and wants to do new roles.

I'm one of the crazy ones who preferred the sequels to the original. DMC was my favorite.

Curse of the Black Pearl was the best, Dead Man's Chest was the worst, and At World's End was almost as good as the first movie, but not quite.

THe sequels were meh... but what you'd come to expect from this genre... fun and entertaining... a fourth would be nice... but not necessary IMO... if they wait another five years and pull a Rush Hour 3 it ain't worth it...

they cant wait too long...Rush and Depp arent getting younger...

For me they just got better as they went along...its actually the first movie trilogy that, for me, didn't tucker out after the 1st or 2nd movie. :up::up:

agreed...but i dont want them to wait 5 years for a new pirates...they are getting older...

my film history teacher keeps saying summer of 2010...but yea you never know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"