Pitch Perfect 2

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
securedownload.jpg

Did a search like five times and nothing came up, though I swear somebody made a thread about this movie already. Anyway, new trailer is up.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/tr...ailer-and-poster-for-pitch-perfect-2#/slide/1

Missed the first in theaters. Caught it in the middle of the night on cable a couple of years ago, and I ended up watching three times that day. I was blown away by how good it was, and it has been one of my favorites ever since.

Can't wait for the sequel. AoU, Mad Max, Pitch Perfect, Tomorrowland. May is going to be amazing this year.

My brother already has that. It makes his anticipation for this film even worse. Kendrick, Snow and Steinfeld is one movie? He might not make it out of alive. :funny:

How was the film? :)

If you liked the first one, then it's great. If they make a Pitch Perfect 3, I hope it continues Beca's story as some more time could have been spent on the relationship she has with Jesse like in the first movie. At the same time it also felt like Beca was passing the baton onto Emily Junk/Hailee Steinfeld so maybe it's her franchise now?

I also hope it doesn't follow a similar path to the Step Up movies where after the first movie they focus a little too much on the Dance Choreography over the story and character.

the same time it also felt like Beca was passing the baton onto Emily Junk/Hailee Steinfeld so maybe it's her franchise now?

I think they said a long time ago when they were doing casting for this one that the plan was to transfer the lead from Kendrick to Steinfelds character in a possible PP3.

I think they said a long time ago when they were doing casting for this one that the plan was to transfer the lead from Kendrick to Steinfelds character in a possible PP3.
Thought as much. Still hope they continue the story of Kendrick's character.
My brother already has that. It makes his anticipation for this film even worse. Kendrick, Snow and Steinfeld is one movie? He might not make it out of alive. :funny:
What's even scarier is that Steinfeld looks too old for her age and it felt creepy having a crush on her the minute I saw her Birthday.

I saw it yesterday and loved it. I just love all the characters and songs etc. I can't wait to keep seeing more of rebel Wilson

It sort of makes sense. Unless Kendrick is locked into the third one, contract-wise, I can see her dropping out. She strikes me as someone that wants to make more indie films.

Saying that, I love Kendrick and think she's excellent in the first one. I've yet to see the second though.

Wilson kinda bugs me with her whole shtick, but I confess she's kinda cute.

How have people seen this already, I thought it was coming out this friday?

Good to hear that it's another decent comedy sequel. Contiuning the trend from 22 Jump St.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing this thanks to Rebel stealing a bunch of scenes in the first one.

I liked this. Solid 7/10. It was just as funny as the first, and loved that the cast still had the chemistry, as well as Steinfeld as the new Bella. Truth be told though, unless they have a good reason to bring the old cast back, I'm not interested in PP3 with Steinfeld as the lead. I can imagine Kendrick might stay on since she could be producing Steinfeld's character, but I can't imagine anything else, and after World Championships, where do you really go from here?

This movie is really funny, sold performances all around. My wife and I loved it and it's 10 times better than the first. First film we actually laughed together at in a while.

bravo!! Do yourself a favor and see this two or three times. We just can't get enough!

THE SLEEPER HIT OF THE YEAR

This is a sequel. It's hardly a sleeper hit.

Sorry to the Mad Max fans, as Pitch Perfect 2 is destroying Max this weekend.

I liked this. Solid 7/10. It was just as funny as the first, and loved that the cast still had the chemistry, as well as Steinfeld as the new Bella. Truth be told though, unless they have a good reason to bring the old cast back, I'm not interested in PP3 with Steinfeld as the lead. I can imagine Kendrick might stay on since she could be producing Steinfeld's character, but I can't imagine anything else, and after World Championships, where do you really go from here?

Old guard vs. New Guard?

Steinfeld's character goes "Dark Side" in PP3 and starts her own Acapella group which overtakes the Bellas. Kendrick realises she created a monster and has to defeat her in the most aca-viral championship if there's any hope of saving her?

Hilarious hijinks occur along the way.

Well, there's always the Galactic Championships. Aliens kidnap the Bellas and they have to win or the Earth will be destroyed.:oldrazz::cwink:

I loved PP2, the very best parts is when Gail and John are in full banter mode, so politically incorrect, but so damn funny. I'm sure some studio exec. out there is trying to find a way to get those 2 a spin off.

Universal's sequel machine won't just be cranking out Furious sequels, we'll see a few Pitch Perfect ones. There will be a sequel with a new cast led by Steinfeld, an early 1980s prequel with Emily's mom, a film that brings back the original cast, a spinoff with Bumper and then another new cast one.

It was enjoyable but every 10 minutes or so I wish I watching Mad Max. Will be seeing that soon.

Universal's sequel machine won't just be cranking out Furious sequels, we'll see a few Pitch Perfect ones. There will be a sequel with a new cast led by Steinfeld, an early 1980s prequel with Emily's mom, a film that brings back the original cast, a spinoff with Bumper and then another new cast one.

It was enjoyable but every 10 minutes or so I wish I watching Mad Max. Will be seeing that soon.

I hope that they won't take a similar path as the Step Up movies but it's pretty likely they'll do that using what you're suggesting.

I hope that they won't take a similar path as the Step Up movies but it's pretty likely they'll do that using what you're suggesting.

The problem with that, vs. Step Up or Bring It On, is that those were....well the original Step Up was a bit more dramatic, BIO was a teen film. Pitch Perfect is much more rooted in comedy, and I don't think we'd see them go with that direction. Cast chemistry and the comedy is what got e back for a sequel, so if they screw it by going that route, I won't bother with any further films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"