• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

X-Men ‘97 X-Men 97 Episodes 8, 9, and 10 - Tolerance is Extinction Parts 1-3 SPOILER Thread

Feige's people shot down Hickman's throuple idea. And based on some of what he wrote, he intended it to be a VERY even, not focused on one red head. So, hold onto your expectations a bit.
The more they censor that kind of thing, the more I'll claim and be vocal about the X-Men being as queer as possible.

They want us silent and the conservatives happy.

So give me Cyclops topping Logan now! :o

Kitty Pryde cameo! :jd:

That gave me hope of seeing Bobby, Colossus, Alex, Rachel, Kitty and Lorna next season.

And was that Illyana?

Edit:

DeMayo alluded to Kitty being introduced as an adult. That feels a little weird, but still let's see how or if they bring her in.

That gave me hope of seeing Bobby, Colossus, Alex, Rachel, Kitty and Lorna next season.

And was that Illyana?
Its a refeScreenshot_20240515_182143_Chrome.jpgrence, not a cameo. But yes Magik is in that wall.

Please no Avengers story arc in this show.

The finale already had too much non mutant cameos. Like they could have given us a cameo of Colossus, Iceman, Angel, Kitty but no, we got those other superheroes....

Though I was really happy when Psylocke showed up. :xmen: :psylocke:
But why was she with Alpha Flight -- or did I see that wrong?

Yeah I've asked as well. She was with 3 Alpha Flight members + Cipher, who is a really obscure X-Men character.
I read Alpha Flight through -- always been a big Wild Child fan -- and while my memory is crap I don't recall her being there even temporarily. But I could be wrong, lol.

d935aecc9123442b24a84295ff5fc19f09013104.gifv

Give me more Psylocke in season 2

I read Alpha Flight through -- always been a big Wild Child fan -- and while my memory is crap I don't recall her being there even temporarily. But I could be wrong, lol.
I think Psylocke/Cipher being in the same shot as Aurora, Northstar and Puck was just a random decision. Maybe someone from Marvel liked those five.

The Sentinel attack montage, could have used more mutant cameos that aren't villains. Silver Samurai, Darkstar and Omega red were kinda random selections too.

if this was a movie, most casual viewers wouldn't recognize those cameos.

I don't think you can just factually determine that the Avengers cameos aren't going to lead anywhere, especially when you take into account the comic run that followed Fatal Attractions. If they do build up to it, then it will happen regardless of your feelings on the matter, psylockolussus.

That being said, that will either be done towards the latter half of season 2 or as a cliffhanger for season 3. An Age Of Apocalypse-esque arc will take center stage for quite a few episodes at least.

It’s interesting that the Black Panther featured was King T’Chaka and not T’Challa since it was established in the 90’s Fantastic Four series that T’Challa meet the first family?! He was voice by Keith David .

I don't think you can just factually determine that the Avengers cameos aren't going to lead anywhere, especially when you take into account the comic that followed Fatal Attraction. If they do build up to it, then it will happen regardless of your feelings on the matter, psylockolussus.

That being said, that will either be done towards the latter half of season 2 or as a cliffhanger for season 3. An Age Of Apocalypse-esque arc will take center stage for quite a few episodes at least.
I didn't say the Avengers cameos aren't going to lead to nothing. I just don't want the Avengers to have a major role, especially an Avengers vs X-Men story arc.

Also, I don't even have expectations for the storylines they would use in season 2.

I think Psylocke/Cipher being in the same shot as Aurora, Northstar and Puck was just a random decision. Maybe someone from Marvel liked those five.

The Sentinel attack montage, could have used more mutant cameos that aren't villains. Silver Samurai, Darkstar and Omega red were kinda random selections too.

if this was a movie, most casual viewers wouldn't recognize those cameos.
Tbf, that's how it was in the original show. Sometimes the cameos were super random, with no bearing on anything. For every Hulk or Spider-Man cameo, you had people like GW Bridge and Gamesmaster. They're just continuing that thread.

Last edited:
I didn't say the Avengers cameos aren't going to lead to nothing. I just don't want the Avengers to have a major role, especially an Avengers vs X-Men story arc.

Also, I don't even have expectations for the storylines they would use in season 2.
Considering how they've been adapting the comics yet still changing some things up, Avengers vs X-Men is still not out of the realm of possibility. They could bring in some elements from Bloodties to tie into that and spin it into its own thing.

As for the storylines they'll draw up inspiration from, the season 1 finale already made some quite clear: this show's version of Age Of Apocalypse and Gambit returning as the Horseman of Death.

The finale was a 10/10 for me. :applaudIt was the perfect ending to an extraordinary first season and an exciting lead-in to the second season. I've never been this satisfied as an X-Men fan by anything else outside of the comics. This has been their best adaptatation, and it's not even close. Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Rogue, and Nightcrawler stood out as the team members with the best characterization. As far as other characters are concerned, I hope we do get to see Iceman and Colosssus in the next season, especially with them being referenced in Forge's poster.

I wonder what Wanda is doing since it lists her as off-world.

No surprise, they totally nailed that finale!! Absolutely amazing season and one of the best adaptations of X-Men in any media. Smashed all expectations and I hope we get many more seasons.

d935aecc9123442b24a84295ff5fc19f09013104.gifv

Give me more Psylocke in season 2
Great to see her. I hope this show doesn't commit itself to sticking to a fixed roster and can feature some of the major X-Men who never joined the team in the original show the chance to do so within its run.

But why was she with Alpha Flight -- or did I see that wrong?

There were a lot of different mutant factions living on Genosha when it attacked. I didn’t read that scene as her having joined Alpha Flight.

I wonder what Wanda is doing since it lists her as off-world.

Hopefully doing something with her brother & the Avengers

It’s interesting that the Black Panther featured was King T’Chaka and not T’Challa since it was established in the 90’s Fantastic Four series that T’Challa meet the first family?! He was voice by Keith David .

That was weird to me too. I think I saw it was/is something that Marvel is mandating (i.e. no T’Challa outside of comics)? But I’m not sure if that’s true or just scuttlebutt.

That was weird to me too. I think I saw it was/is something that Marvel is mandating (i.e. no T’Challa outside of comics)? But I’m not sure if that’s true or just scuttlebutt.
It's just people speculating, there's nothing confirmed one way or the other about that. T'Challa is gonna be one of the characters in Marvel Rivals and he has his own video game being developed. And he's also been shown in Lego Marvel Code Red and Spidey and His Amazing Friends.

Its a refeView attachment 90682rence, not a cameo. But yes Magik is in that wall.

Makes sense for all of these characters to appear in S2 to hold down the fort while Forge & Bishop work to rescue the X-Men across time. Except Exodus lol… unless he becomes a horseman of Apocalypse?

But I do like the idea of Gambit, Wolverine, Polaris, and Sunfire (in his AoA getup specifically). You could maybe convince me to have Roberto swapped with Psylocke—giving Angel yet another emotional tie to taking down Apocalypse. But it’s strange to see him listed as dead…

Wolverine as War (which can give him his adamantium back, and avoid the dogface Wolvie)

Ya if they ripped out his adamantium like they did in the comics might as well give it back to him the way he got it back which was Apocalypse.

And was that Illyana?

Edit:

DeMayo alluded to Kitty being introduced as an adult. That feels a little weird, but still let's see how or if they bring her in.

It makes sense though that Kitty would be older, no? She’s the 80s Jubilee…

I’d say she’s mid 20s whereas Jubilee is 18, maybe Illayna is 15 or 16? And the X-Men are early-mid 30s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"