Pixels

Ugh, I was looking forward to this one. Sad to hear it sounds like it’s just another crappy Adam Sandler movie.

Whoever hired Sandler and his crew for Pixels should be FIRED at Sony. Had Columbus brought on the Wreck-It Ralph crew or someone equally competent, this would be a crowd-pleasing sleeper hit.

If he wasn't already so busy and hadn't done JW I feel like Pratt would've really worked in this role. He's not as old as Sandler but he's around my age where he would've grown up as a little kid during the 80s game boom.

The review embargo ended yesterday. Not surprised they tried to keep the lid on this potential crapfest as long as possible. I think this was Sandlers last contracted movie from Sony. I'm amazed Netflix shelled out the dough for more of his movies......

I can't wait to see MaryAnn Johanson eviscerate Pixels in her review. She can really twist the knife, so to speak.

Im surprised people are acting surprised that this is getting bad reviews.

I mean really?

I never once considered the idea this could be a good film. I mean this is Sandler and Co. we're talking about. They mailed it in a long time ago.

MovieBob showed no mercy, man

ffc-kick-to-the-face-ko-a.gif

The concept sounded interesting but the casting wasn't inspiring.

I wish they didn't cast Adam Sandler and Kevin James

I'm only disappointed because Adam and Kevin have the potential to make good films so watching a good idea of a film go to waste makes me kinda sad.

Back to Rebecca Sugar's stuff for me!

MovieBob showed no mercy, man

Of course he did. He worships at the altar of Nintendo and thinks everyone 30 and up also holds video games as sacred as he does. Watch this be Sandler's biggest OW to date now as the GA demonstrates just how little they give a **** about what guys like Bob hold dear.

I just want to know how this movie even came to be. I mean...who actually thought this would be a good idea in the first place?

I just want to know how this movie even came to be. I mean...who actually thought this would be a good idea in the first place?

They bought the rights to that French guy's online short that it's based on.

Of course he did. He worships at the altar of Nintendo and thinks everyone 30 and up also holds video games as sacred as he does. Watch this be Sandler's biggest OW to date now as the GA demonstrates just how little they give a **** about what guys like Bob hold dear.

If that happens, it's a sign of the apocalypse.

MovieBob really ripped this thing to shreds. I haven't listened to any of his other reviews, but I looked through his page and his reaction to the BvS trailer leads me to believe he's probably the type of guy who does this sort of thing a lot. Nevertheless, it was funny to listen to.

For some strange reason, the quality of the short that this is based on looks better.

Ugh, this could have been a great little movie...I still kinda want to see it, but I dunno.

I have two coupons for free admission to this movie thanks to GameStop. So, might as well check it out.

I'm going to tonight at 7. Watch this thing be pretty packed. Reviews don't mean **** these days.

Well, Sandler hardly ever gets good reviews, even for his better movies. I'm really hoping this is good though.

Reviews shouldn't mean anything any day. Watch the movie and decide for yourself, right? I apply that to the highest of the highs and lowest of the lows.

Well both Michael Bay and Adam Sandler seem to have proven their point on a number of occassions about how out of touch and thus useless the critics are in these last 2 decades. Now the critics will retort that they are right anyway and the general audience is just stupid but that seems like a recipe for going nowhere fast to me. Critics still praise all their arthouse and indie films and lavish awards on them at the close of the year while the G/A still usually ignores them and they make a pittance at the box office. You'rd think some attempt would be made to close this gap between the two but nothing ever changes.

In the right hands, this concept would've translated into a good movie. It's all about getting the right talent.

Put this thing in the hands of a group of creative guys like Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Cloud of Meatballs movies, The Lego Movie, Jump Street movies) and im sure they could've made it work.

Oh and don't cast Sandler and/or James for the film.

Well both Michael Bay and Adam Sandler seem to have proven their point on a number of occassions about how out of touch and thus useless the critics are in these last 2 decades. Now the critics will retort that they are right anyway and the general audience is just stupid but that seems like a recipe for going nowhere fast to me. Critics still praise all their arthouse and indie films and lavish awards on them at the close of the year while the G/A still usually ignores them and they make a pittance at the box office. You'rd think some attempt would be made to close this gap between the two but nothing ever changes.

I tend to think that they haven't proven anything other than sometimes the audience likes some rather mindless fun without any real depth. That doesn't mean the movie itself is structurally good or presented well. I think a better way to describe it would be "guilty pleasures".

Most of Sandler's movies post-Waterboy and all of the TF sequels were a complete mess imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"