Pixels

I wanted to see this for purely retro reasons, but now I'm not so sure.

Even I was hoping for a lot more, but the movie continually let me down. It was like they weren't even trying.

I feel like in the hands of more clever filmmakers, this could've been a brilliant and fun movie.

Even I was hoping for a lot more, but the movie continually let me down. It was like they weren't even trying.

I feel like in the hands of more clever filmmakers, this could've been a brilliant and fun movie.

It stars Adam Sandler, of course it's not trying. When was the last time he made a halfway decent movie, it's probably been at least a decade.

Im surprised people are acting surprised that this is getting bad reviews.

I mean really?

It stars Adam Sandler, of course it's not trying. When was the last time he made a halfway decent movie, it's probably been at least a decade.

The last movie I enjoyed by me was Reign Over Me in 07. And I only saw that once and don't really have much desire to rewatch it.

The last movie I liked and would own/rewatch is Click. I actually thought it was really good.

I can't say I'm surprised with the reviews (it's a Happy Madison production, after all), but the disappointment is still setting in.

I was really hoping, despite all odds, that this movie would turn out to be a lot of fun. I love the concept. People are totally right when they say that in better hands, this movie could have been really good.

And people are also right about this: Adam Sandler doesn't even try anymore. It's a shame, because the dude can be talented when he wants to be. The only movie of his that I've enjoyed in recent years was Hotel Transylvania (which I thought was really cute and harmless).

Man....Moviebob went asbolutely ape**** at this movie.

The last movie I liked and would own/rewatch is Click. I actually thought it was really good.

Yeah Click was the last one I liked too.

And people are also right about this: Adam Sandler doesn't even try anymore.

You should watch Red Letter Media's review of Jack & Jill. The entire piece is one long skewering of Happy Madison as a moneymaking scam put together so Sandler (and his buddies) can all cash in.

That review as absolutely brutal. Completely shredded this piece of ****.

meh, the review was just a lot of cursing and bad metaphors

it didn't go into a lot of detail about the film itself (which I'm not planning to go see, I have no doubt that its bad)

not really a brutal review if its just an ad hominem attack with few substantive critiques

It was funny at times, but it was really just an overly long rant than a critique. Not to mention movie bob liked Michael Pena in Ant-Man, so I clearly don't agree with him on everything.

And no, I wasn't expecting this movie to be great, but I thought the concept was fun. There was a time where I thought Adam Sandler was a great must see performer. I always hope he could make a good movie again. This wasn't it but whatever.

So I guess it's gonna be southpaw

meh, the review was just a lot of cursing and bad metaphors

it didn't go into a lot of detail about the film itself (which I'm not planning to go see, I have no doubt that its bad)

not really a brutal review if its just an ad hominem attack with few substantive critiques

True that I can agree. I think the thing that stood out to me was the "trophy" reward. Good god we are in 2015 and that's what they thought would be a good idea? I shouldn't try applying logic to Sandler movies.

Ugh, I was looking forward to this one. Sad to hear it sounds like it’s just another crappy Adam Sandler movie.

I guess I'm better off rewatching the Futurama episode this was based on or ripped off from or inspired from.

Guess this isn't going to be Chris Columbus's return to form

Still gotta see it for the spectacle. I know some have said you gotta sit through minutes of Happy Madison-esque dialogue to get to the good stuff, but I'll risk it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"