Pixels

Caught it earlier, it was all right. I'm not as big on the Sandler humor as I used to be as there are some long stretches of them just riffing, but the action scenes do make up for it. The Pac-Man chase is probably the best setpiece in the flick, as he acts like his counterpart, and has power pellets to boot that actually work for him, which turns him into an implacable monster basically. That and the discussion about old vs. new school gamers and spotting all the classic arcade games makes up for it slightly. There is also one hilarious csmeo from a classic Nintendo character that you won't expect.

Does Ashley Benson get a lot of screen time?

Like 5 min combined. The movie is decent honestly, I get why it gets trashed because the script is just basic and lazy, there is some amateur level dialogue in a scene introducing us to Monaghan's character meeting Sandler's character and it feels like it could have been much more.

I like all the references in the movie and Gad
taping an OTH episode to VHS was just so funny to me

Speaking of Gad, he steals the movie for me, very fun, Adam is kind of going through the motions, so is Monaghan, Dinklage is fun, James is fine. The set pieces are good, especially the Pac Man one indeed, the VFX work is very impressive and it's all well executed if not, once again, a bit lazy.

It's quite funny, but man, it's Chris Columbus, he could have done so much more with this, it feels very much aimed at kids (like with
Qbert, which I enjoyed though, he's cute
) and there's a lot of potential that hasn't been fully achieved.

The 3D is good by the way, some pop out moments, but not enough.

I tend to think that they haven't proven anything other than sometimes the audience likes some rather mindless fun without any real depth. That doesn't mean the movie itself is structurally good or presented well. I think a better way to describe it would be "guilty pleasures".

Most of Sandler's movies post-Waterboy and all of the TF sequels were a complete mess imo.

I might agree if these weren't so consistently successful. But they are and I think that hints at the audience being more in line with those filmmakers ideas than critics would like to admit.

Most of Sandler's movies post-Waterboy and all of the TF sequels were a complete mess imo.

Click was ok. It has a strong start, but the latter part of the movie with all the sentimental hoopla and cliches ruined it IMO.

I hear Reign Over Me is pretty good, but I haven't seen it yet.

Punch-Drunk Love is one of my favorites of his. He did a really good job in it and it makes you wonder why he didn't pursue dramatic type roles like that. Though, a good part of his character was the typical Sandler schtick,

I'l probably check out Pixels when it comes out streaming.

I actually didn't think this was anywhere near as bad as people were saying. It was dumb fun for sure with a few cringe moments, but Sandler was restrained and didn't go over board while the set pieces were fun.

Thought critics were way too harsh on this flick. It's definitely nowhere close to being as bad as other Sandler flicks, so I don't know why a few out there are acting like this is his worst one that will destroy his career or some ****. The families and kids in my theatre seemed to love every bit of it.

Just saw this movie. The humour was 50/50 for me, but the action and the cameos where awesome!

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/pixels.html

Title: Pixels
Starring: Adam Sandler
Released: 6th October 2015
Further Details:
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced the 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack (3D Blu-ray/Blu-ray/Digital HD), Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray/Digital HD), and DVD releases of Chris Columbus' Pixels.

Both Blu-ray Combo Packs will include:
• Q*Bert - The adorable digital bit hopper comes to life in Pixels!
• Dojo Quest - A look at the new classic arcade game that gave life to the unstoppable Lady Lisa.
• The Creator of the Machine – PAC-MAN creator Toru Iwatani was on-set and had a cameo, we hear from him about his experience and his take on Pixels.
• The Space Invader - The winner of an arcade contest had a walk on role in the film.
• PAC-MAN - A detailed look at the PAC-MAN action sequence. From Mini Coopers and stunts to visual effects, see how PAC-MAN chomps his way into real life.
• Donkey Kong - See the cast perform stunts on a giant reconstruction of the classic platform game and watch as Donkey Kong goes from bits to BIG.
• Centipede - The giant insect attack was the creation of visual and special effect planning as well as the patience of countless performers.
• Galaga - This 80’s arcade favorite leads the alien invasion, take an inside look at the attack on Guam.
• “Game On” Music Video by Waka Flocka Flame ft. Good Charlotte

The DVD will include:
• Q*Bert
• Dojo Quest
• “Game On” Music Video by Waka Flocka Flame ft. Good Charlotte

As a comedy adventure film this movie really wasn't funny enough for me. The movie was very predictable and had few surprises.

This movie could of been like a video games Ghostbusters with a better script and cast.

CXQZWlGWMAI1PQ_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"