PlayStation VR/Project Morpheus Thread

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
Not sure if this exists yet, but there's been a good amount of news released for this, also now after tgs. the most coveted game at the moment seems to be summer lesson.

1Tdnu4h.png

1442334620-summerlesson.gif

[YT]hj9CMbyJ6q0[/YT]

well, it ain't gonna be cheap
Sony’s PlayStation VR headset will be priced similarly to a new gaming consoles, according to CEO Andrew House.

Speaking with Bloomberg at TGS 2015 (thanks, MCV), House didn’t reveal a specific price, but if his comment is anything to go by, the headset cost around $399.99. That’s the price of a standard 500GB PS4 in the US. In the UK, the standard console’s suggested retail price is around the £350 mark.

The SRP is listed above because depending on the retailer, the console can run quite a bit less.

The firm expects ten titles to launch alongside the headset when it hits the market next year.
http://www.vg247.com/2015/09/18/pla...iced-as-a-new-gaming-platform-says-sony-boss/

yeah I put that second bit of news in a post in the ps4 thread way before this was created. but thank you. There's now a better place to put news for this now.

So I'll use it. and yeah it looks like it'll be more expensive then people would like. It'll cost the same as the ps4. Which they speculating .

If that's the case people won't buy it in droves or at all . not until that price lowered and people see it;s more worth it to have it around.

yeah I put that second bit of news in a post in the ps4 thread way before this was created. but thank you. There's now a better place to put news for this now.

So I'll use it. and yeah it looks like it'll be more expensive then people would like. It'll cost the same as the ps4. Which they speculating .

If that's the case people won't buy it in droves or at all . not until that price lowered and people see it;s more worth it to have it around.
$400? I heard $300, but that's still too much

It'll have to come down it'll have to. Not sure when. But it'll have to.

Until Dawn is getting a PSVR spinoff by Supermassive Games. Damn, Im interested now

some more news from gaf
Sony's Ram Madhavan(developer services and support) reveals at the Unite 2015 talk. The revelation comes at the 14min 28 sec mark of the talk, and reiterates it at the 19min 48sec mark
CSwA3qFVEAEu7qa.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RNbZpcfAhE

SDK's have improved on all fronts new device tracking and audio

Lots of new info
reducing latency
why reprojection
CSwBX3qU8AAWx5G.png

CSwBPOQUsAAvVwO.png

CSwBIeCU8AA5l_S.png

CSwDGEQUcAAzh98.png

CSwBeZyUcAAFbw3.png

CSwBorfUcAA7_mC.png

CSwByLiUAAA2OYA.png

This thing is going to bomb. With how good the PS4 is doing, you would think they would just try and make as much money as they can with it, cause they lost money on the Vita, PSP, PS3, PStv and PSMove.

This thing is going to bomb. With how good the PS4 is doing, you would think they would just try and make as much money as they can with it, cause they lost money on the Vita, PSP, PS3, PStv and PSMove.
and they might be taking a loss with psnow as well.

PlayStation VR Exclusive Golem Has You Stomping Through An Ancient City. December 8, 2015 . 2:30pm

Golem has you controlling giant stone golems with PlayStation VR.

[YT]lAC8_DHvb78[/YT]
Highwire Games has revealed its PlayStation VR exclusive title Golem.

It has you playing as a person who has the ability to control a giant stone golem as well as a number of other golems of various sizes as they explore an ancient abandoned city.

Rather than having to be within a certain proximity of these golems, this person seems to have a link with them, able to control them from a distant location by using her own body to move theirs.

As is shown in the trailer, huge pillars can be moved out of the way by lifting them with the golem’s arms. You’ll have to mimic these movements using the PS VR as if you were that person controlling them yourself.

Golem will feature original music by Marty O’Donnell (composer of Halo and Destiny) and will also have VR controls developed by Jaime Griesemer (designer on Halo, Destiny, and Infamous Second Son).

Read more stories about Golem & PlayStation 4 & PlayStation VR & Videos on Siliconera.
source:Siliconera

and more recently

source: GI

I'm going to go on a whim and say this'll cost $300, at most.

Yeah... I wanna say 250 because Sony could probably afford the loss (at least the PlayStation division) but I'd put money on 300.. because they'll be taking a loss at that price.

Unless there's two sku's..

Unit alone: 250

Unit with No Man's Sky: 300

Actually, now that oculus rift has been priced, and considering the fact that Ps4's install base could be potentially 40+ million when vr launches, I guess I'll put it towards $500-$600.

I'm thinking a minimum of $500. If you remember, PS4 can't handle VR on its own, so I think if you wanna buy into it, you'll have to buy the goggles with an extra processor expansion. I think it'll be an extra box you plug in on top of your PS4, and then you'll be able to use your goggles.

Sony's smart.. They'll take a loss. No way it's 499.. No one will give a ****. They want to coax people into VR.

No better way then marking a "play the future" than 299.

Minimum $350. Probably as much as a PS4

I dunno. I'm siding with the kinda funny guys. They want to move these things. They're gonna have to be careful.

It could go either way.. I see them marketing under the PS4 because consumers are dumb. You can't put numbers on games anymore without confusing them... So if that's a thing.. I could see them saying VR (them as in the consumer) is the PS5 already.

I guess we'll see soon enough..

I dunno. I'm siding with the kinda funny guys. They want to move these things. They're gonna have to be careful.

It could go either way.. I see them marketing under the PS4 because consumers are dumb. You can't put numbers on games anymore without confusing them... So if that's a thing.. I could see them saying VR (them as in the consumer) is the PS5 already.

I guess we'll see soon enough..
theyre not gonna fall for that anymore once they buy it and see that the visuals are barely a step up from what's not-virtual reality on Ps4.

Btw, is this debuting in Q1 or Q2? Before e3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"