BvS Please don't do hand-held/shaky cam shots for BvS

I really only noticed it when the bus crashed into the water and the random guy gets out of his car. The camera gets really shaky and pans around the guy.

But isn't BvS going to have a different cinematographer this time around?

Keep the hand held if they want as long as they drop it when Superman is flying. His first flight and we can't even see it well because of the shaking.

Shaking is fine during fight scenes, but seriously, stop it with the sudden zoom-in shots. It gets so repetitive.

I love the sudden zoom in's because it shows that this man is in the air. Otherwise we may may have well just have him on wires.

I think it's great with flight. But when it comes to fighting, no special tricks were done with Jor-el and Zod. To mean the other shots were about showing how something laying there would see the super fast fights.

I don't like the zoom ins because they look like a home video. But I'm fine with distant blurry shots, like what a human might see of superbeings flying.

I love the sudden zoom in's because it shows that this man is in the air.

Don't get me wrong, they are cool. But when there's one in almost every dynamic sequence (Krypton War, the first flight, Smallville fight, World Engine fight, Metropolis fight) I stop thinking of it as awesome and more like a camera trick they want to rub in our face.

2a78zdi.gif

First, sometimes shaky cam works, Bourne Ultimatum is the best example, pure awesomeness and not one steady shot in it.

As for MOS, hmmmm, probably the little shaky cam in the Kryptonian council meeting was a bit distracting, but otherwise I didn't even notice it in the rest of the film.

So all in all, a little is probably a lot. No need for excessive shaky cam, but in certain scenes (particularly mass destruction scenes) it could work.

just IMO.

oh goodness. #THIS

for some of you who didnt get nauseous in MOS-- well good on you. but i think this thread is specifically for those who did get hit by the shaky-cam effect. this has a specially strong (and sickening) effect when i saw MOS in Imax 3D. and i have watched stuff in IMAX 3D before. MOS is the first film that had me close to walking out (which i probably wouldve done hadnt i been too far from the aisle and not wretched enough to be unable to walk).

all im asking Zach is to scale it back to when its just absolutely necessary, and in short bursts only please. but im sure with his talent he can make a scene deliver the kind of impact he wants without having to resort to shakey cams.

please Zach, i couldnt rewatch MOS as much as i want to because of this :(

Loved all facets of the visuals in MOS. I hope Fong and Snyder retain as much as possible in this film and I also hope for no slo mo.

No more shakey cam, zoom in and out real fast ******** this time. In addition to everything but the cast sucking in the movie, that was one terrible, ****** aspect of the film. None of that in this film, please.

Mr. Smith is going to be very disappointed, methinks.

Hand-held/shaky cam or not...
i just wanna see superman gracefully soaring in the sky. not bursting thru the sky each and every time.

There will be shaky cam might as well accept it I just don't want too many and in certain scenes it can look good.

I want a mix. Handheld shots for distant, POV views from bystanders, and steadycam for dialog moments and up close action. And don't go whipzoom crazy this time ;)
I swear to god, there wasnt a scene that didnt have this sudden zoom thing. Ridiculous.

Distracting is a word I couldn't have put better myself. Clark speaking to AI Jor-El. The Kryptonian council scene, the Kent farm scene with Clark and Martha.

It's especially distracting in Superman's first flight with the camera unsteady and shakey and cut off part of Cavill's body off the shot to make it seem as if it were real. The camera is so close to Cavill's front and he looks so stiff, but then the rest of the shots are Superman flying far a distance and it's CGI, and he's flying fast but looks so natural and smooth. It's believable until you have the extreme close up shots of Cavill with his arms up in the air looking so stiff as opposed to the CGI flying Superman, then it doesn't look real.

In comparison to the rocket chase scene in Superman: The Movie, it looks so magical. Fr one thing the camera is steady and gets enough good shots on Reeve in the center of the shots. It all looks real even with the occasional blurry background, it still looks very real and not CGI. It doesn't have Reeve's head or arms cut off the shot.

The way they filmed Superman's first flight in MOS is done the opposite way, but Synder's approach of having Cavill's arms and forehead cut off from the flying shots makes it seem as if it is not real, like how they would film flying scenes for George Reeves in the 50's, with the actor moving around the camera a bit or the camera moving around him which is such a dated style to film like that.

I think its pretty much sure we will get shaky cam stuff, especially with Batman. I think it's be awesome to do POV shots with the Bat, when he's in the shadows about to take on criminals.

J.J. Abrams is the man for the job. He'd have done it right.

Usually, yeah, but in The Man of Steel Zack Snyder decided to try doing the same, which lead to most of the close up> unfocus > focus shots having lens flare.

I could do without the shaky cam, but definitely want to keep the zoom in shots. I loved those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"