Who else is loving the Cinematography?

I loved the scene where Wolverine looks behind him and sees Phoenix, it's so surreal. Can't wait to see the rest of it..

skorponok said:
To me, it seems like a more lushly put together interpretation of the Singer, look, which seems to perfectly honor the original films and set the tone of the new one.
I loved the scene where Wolverine looks behind him and sees Phoenix, it's so surreal. Can't wait to see the rest of it..
singer could never pull a scene like this out of his butt...

62oi.jpg

Love that screen pic of Phoenix and Wolvie^^

I just hope that they do something new and original with the camera work and the SE. The best new camera work I've seen was on Silent Hill... and it was only good on certian parts. HMPH.

xwolverine2 said:

62oi.jpg

yeah that hole nightcrawler opening scene in x2 was garbage, same with mystique transforming mid air in the fight with wolverine.....lol

Kelsl1317 said:
I just hope that they do something new and original with the camera work and the SE. The best new camera work I've seen was on Silent Hill... and it was only good on certian parts. HMPH.
I TOTALLY agree!!...silent hills cinematography was oscar worthy!:up:
that movie was definatly an achievement in horror movies that cannot be matched by any horror movie in the recent years!

yeah that hole nightcrawler opening scene in x2 was garbage, same with mystique transforming mid air in the fight with wolverine.....lol
those scenes were sweet yes....but the cinematography?
if anything a good cinematic shot would have to be when jean confronts the tidal wave:up:

xwolverine2 said:

62oi.jpg

:rolleyes: . . . seriously . . .

Haha. Me? Never. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it looks like utter crap or anything (I like the Golden Gate Bridge sequence, as well as others, a lot) I just don't think the cinematography is all that it's cracked up to be, given the increased parameters . . . Ratner has a considerably larger budget and a vast number of his sequences are created via green screen in which he has complete creative control of the shot . . . and I think it could be better. Wolverine simply turning around to see Jean in the background is hardly comparable to Nightcrawler's opening sequence of X2 . . . people can say all they want about Singer, but his visual style is far superior to Ratner's--McKellen said it best, "The one thing that Bryan has, that most directors don't, is taste." Rather than compare X3 to X-Men or X2 (which had significantly reduced budgets, especially X-Men) . . . compare it to Superman Returns (a movie in which Singer has a proper budget for this kind of production)--the scene with young Clark jumping in the fields, the people simply standing in the streets looking up at the sky, Superman hovering above Earth or chasing the plane . . . Visually all are amazing to look at and in so far as cinematography is concerned, I don't care whether the scenes are packed with action or if they tell a better story, blah blah blah . . . they look excellent--but let me reiterate, I don't think X3 looks bad visually by any means . . . I just think it's a mistake to say something as bold as, Singer could have never accomplished something like this . . . because I believe he already has.

supes doesnt have much cinematic eye candy im sorry!

xwolverine2 said:

well come on now Xw2.... you havnt seen that yet either ;)

we can all wait until like July... to really compare i guess eh.

Meh. I think the cinematography looks fine. I think it relies too heavily on effects (which look great though) though. Where as X2 had much better lighting. That being said, I haven't seen the movie yet and it seems to have much more outdoor scenes so it is a different animal.

I do agree that it's nice to see action from mid to long shot. Too many action movies are so close that you can't tell what's happening and there fore there is no suspense.

Judging by performances and visuals I think Ratner did a fine job. Given the crap material he was supposed to work with.

Spidey 2007 said:
well come on now Xw2.... you havnt seen that yet either ;)

we can all wait until like July... to really compare i guess eh.
uhhh.... the trailer came out.

xwolverine2 said:

If by eye candy, you mean special effects, which hardly constitutes the whole of cinematography. Aside from the "eye candy" moments, I've yet to see any others that remotely suggest a comparable comparison between the two director's artistic styles . . .

lol superman has blown me away with just the plane effects. but i guess the same could be said about the bridge scene.

but **** us all we havnt seen either of them, lol

cinematography isnt that spectacular in X3... its good, but not something to roll around over. trust me, theres alot better.... batman begins for example, there is a good example of cinematography, it was even up for an oscar.

BMM said:
If by eye candy, you mean special effects, which hardly constitutes the whole of cinematography. Aside from the "eye candy" moments, I've yet to see any others that remotely suggest a comparable comparison between the two director's artistic styles . . .
i said "cinematic eye candy"...

im not going into supes because i know if i really put in my argument i will get banned.:(
cinematography isnt that spectacular in X3... its good, but not something to roll around over. trust me, theres alot better.... batman begins for example, there is a good example of cinematography, it was even up for an oscar.
yeah batmans was very good....

i still think this cinematography is def. oscar worthy.....I KNOW IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

xwolverine2 said:
i said "cinematic eye candy"...

im not going into supes because i know if i really put in my argument i will get banned.:(

yeah batmans was very good....

i still think this cinematography is def. oscar worthy.....I KNOW IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

You've clearly already made up your mind by denoting that somehow discussing Superman including it's cinematography will get you banned ( . . . whatever that's about) and the fact that you think X3's cinematography based off of trailers and tv spots is already worthy of an oscar . . . there is no point in keeping the lines of debate open as you have already made up your mind . . .

BMM said:
You've clearly already made up your mind by denoting that somehow discussing Superman including it's cinematography will get you banned ( . . . whatever that's about) and the fact that you think X3's cinematography based off of trailers and tv spots is already worthy of an oscar . . . there is no point in keeping the lines of debate open as you have already made up your mind . . .
i dont see the point of that post but....
let me sum up mine..
X3 cinematography =awesome!....oscar worthy...
supes cinematography= pretty good but i expected better:( ....also oscar worthy

X3 cinematography > supes cinematography

pdvd1139cb.png

sweet!

funny how I always skip nightcrawler's scene. meh. didn't sit too well. I start X2 with Logan at Alkali Lake...

DarknessOfDeath said:
funny how I always skip nightcrawler's scene. meh. didn't sit too well. I start X2 with Logan at Alkali Lake...
i love your avvy ...who made it?

xwolverine2 said:
i dont see the point of that post but....
let me sum up mine..
X3 cinematography =awesome!....oscar worthy...
supes cinematography= pretty good but i expected better:( ....also oscar worthy

X3 cinematography > supes cinematography

pdvd1139cb.png

sweet!

i dont know man, we havnt seen the whoel final battle, but from what ive seen it looks great, but as for the rest of the movie nothing has really blown me away.... i want more panning i guess, lol.... liek my avy. (so far my fav scene ive seen)

Spidey 2007 said:
i dont know man, we havnt seen the whoel final battle, but from what ive seen it looks great, but as for the rest of the movie nothing has really blown me away.... i want more panning i guess, lol.... liek my avy. (so far my fav scene ive seen)
your avy is f***ing awesome!

oh and the cinematography in the danger room is terrible! lol

Spidey 2007 said:
oh and the cinematography in the danger room is terrible! lol
yeah....thats the one i dont like.:(

everything else seems beautiful...cyclops alkali lake scene is sexy too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"