Who else is loving the Cinematography?

Speedball

Don't. Blink.
Reaction score
I sure am. I've found most of todays action movies camera work absolutely horrible. Shaky cameras, really grainy images, too close during the action (Lord of the Rings to be specific on the last one).
The only movie i haven't had a problem with lately is Star wars.
But this film looks amazing. Wide angle establishing shots, actually being able to see where a punch lands, and the camera seems to actually seem to be level and on a tripod or crane, and not in the Directors hand.
That Juggernaut scene where he throws Wolverine and the Iceman/Pyro Duel are good examples of this.
X3 is gonna kick ass, and i can't wait25 more days to see it

I love the Iceman/Pyro scene, 'cause it looks like it's right off a comic page. In fact, it looks like a classic panel where Havoc and Cyclops realize their powers don't work on each other.

it actually did grab my attention, it does look really good, lots of good paining

You have a point on some of LOTR battle scenes. When the camera is too close everything becomes a blur.

X3 definitely looking good on that front from trailers and TV spots.

I loved all the shots so far. The movie looks great and I have no worries. :up:

I definitely agree, the thing is looking pretty technically solid. :up:

i dont know about that, ive noticed alot of close up scenes, dont get me wrong i have zero worry at all....wait...thinking it over the work really is great, i remember THINKING what i was going to see and going "meh" and actually SEING it and going " **** *** ****s** like *** ***** *** ** a** B****" and being totally amazed.

so yes, impressive indeed.

KenK said:
I love the Iceman/Pyro scene, 'cause it looks like it's right off a comic page. In fact, it looks like a classic panel where Havoc and Cyclops realize their powers don't work on each other.

Stole the words right out of my mouth....I love the wide, side view shot where the fire and ice are meeting in the middle, it really is like it's torn right out of the comics.

KenK said:
Ultimate-X-Men-63-800.jpg

Ratner looks like he made sure to not do something blatantly diferent than Singer so far with cinematography... that could prove to be a good move.

I think the cinematography is pretty standard-issue, actually. But that's OK as while it's a little less "ratner," it complements the other films very very well.

yeah cinematography does indeed kick ass, it's tough to catch the full scope of a war and get individuals who have talents you want to emphisize(i.e. an xmen movie) so yeah i'm terribley expecting too much, but Red Dragon definatley has some neat angles and view points in it, and excellent coverage, so that is the standerd i am holding brett ratner too.....we will just have to wait and see i guess

It looks good, but that damn wire work is terriable. I hope to god they fix it.

Can't beat superman returns' but it looks bloody passable. I don't like how they did the sentinel at all.

but it's the directing i'm worried about. some of the acting reminds me of bad acting from power rangers in the clips and if singer's movies didn't exist I probably wouldn't think twice about it, but ratner, you have to maintain that quality or what's the point of all this?

the 7min clips cinamatography near the end was SO AWESOME!

MJB said:
It looks good, but that damn wire work is terriable. I hope to god they fix it.

I have never seen "good" wire work. It's the nature of the beast.

i thought the wire work when he landed was perfect.

So did I. Even his jump was straight out of the comics

Aiden said:
Yes. You'll find it in the Comic -> Movie thread
yeah true i just saw it:eek: :up:

the cinamatography in the pheonix clip(7minclip) was just stunning!

To me, it seems like a more lushly put together interpretation of the Singer, look, which seems to perfectly honor the original films and set the tone of the new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"