Pokemon 3D RPG

Lord

All Mighty
Reaction score
With all the pokemon games starting to repeat the same gameplay i tought of this as a way to make the new games feel fresh, i think that they could make the new Pokemon Games in 3D view with a similar gameplay to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
[YT]rG2FqsybwaA[/YT]
After watching it for some time i think it could work.
Opinions?

ive been thinking this since the n64 came out!

the 3ds ocarina has better visuals than that, so they should do it for 3ds

i'd kill for something like this on the wii or the wii u

imagine you can go the toon route. idea pick a region and start there and them move to the other and all pokemon from all the games.

I think they could even make a game like this for the Nintendo 3DS if they wanted

I just started playing Black and I like the 3D-esque features of it, but I still want to see a console-based 3D RPG. Its been long overdue. Even if the battles are just like Pokemon stadium, I wouldn't mind, just as long as there's something to do other than easy mini-games.

God, when Red and Blue first came out I used to dream of an open world 3D Pokemon game on the N64. And then the GameCube. And...not so much on the Wii, but I still hope to see a game like that someday.

Yeah, i'm in the same boat, I've been fiending this game. I can't believe they haven't put anything like this out. My only thinking is they figure it has to be massive, and once things go 3D. Well, moving "block by block" like you can in pokemon red blue (etc.) is just well hard especially in 3d. Think about how many levels you really go through with pokemon, and how expansive of a game it really is. Now, at the same time, I feel once they got the initial game down sequels would be a breeze, and I would hope they look to make it into more of a long term profit.

Honestly, going back and playing red/blue. A lot of the additions they made in subsequent games I feel aren't necessary. Yes it's additions to do, but the originals are still so much fun to play.

Another thing I would like to add Pokemon stadium I always felt the attacks were always a little much. And battles weren't as quick as they are in the game cube games because of it. (This makes grinding hard which is a necessary part of the game at some points.)

Now, something else I don't understand is, pokemon snap had levels that were pretty well designed the pokemon fit there in there natural habitat. I just wonder how this art would transfer. I think that it could come off clunky looking in this style of game.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've tried making this game like 3-5x, they just lack visionary direction for it. And even thinking about small things like...do you see the pokemon when you walk through the long grass? or do they just pop up. Do you actually have to throw your pokeball? What happens to a pokemon after you caused it to faint? Can't you just catch it? etc.

The thought just occured to me and it may be a reason why we won't ever see a true replica on a console, but the whole selling point of every Pokemon games since the beginning is that it has always been about making two slightly different versions of a game and having to either buy both or having a friend trade with you in order to collect every pokemon. Granted, it may be easier to do that now with wi-fi connecting as opposed to linking up like it was in the past, but the idea of the game being handheld made it much easier to go around and swap and trade with people. Plus, it might take a little fun out of it if you were to catch every single pokemon in one game.

I do think, however, with the WiiU combining aspects of handheld gaming and console gaming, that we may see them wait until then to move forward.

I've been demanding a console based open world online MP Pokemon game for sometime. Don't give me that Colosseum battle crap, give me a LEGIT Pokemon game on a console, Nintendo!

Nintendo 3DS actually could support something like this, the trading and everything we already do in the normal games, the difference is that the player would move more like in ocarina of time

I dream for this, with online co-op or even mmo'ish features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"