TheGrayGhost

Sidekick
Reaction score
Tournament Information

[Phendrana Tournament]

3 v. 3 Battle Royale
  • Entry Deadline: Friday, May 25
  • Tournament Start (Round 1): Monday, May 28
This tournament is being hosted by the Pokemon League, my personal web site (http://www.freewebs.com/poketourney/). The tournament is more or less a month away, plenty of time for participants to play through the adventure at their own pace and raise a team of three battle-ready Pokemon for the tournament. We'll start accepting entries now. To participate in a Pokemon League tournament, simply send your Pokemon Diamond/Pearl friend code, trainer alias, e-mail address, and time zone to [email protected] (note the underscore between the two words). After your information has been processed, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail with further instructions.

Tournament Rules.

Trainers may only use three Pokemon on their team, and they must all be at LVL 100. Banned Pokemon (Section 5.1 of the Pokemon League Rule Book) may not be used. The trainer who defeats all three of the opponent’s Pokemon wins the battle.

Banned Pokemon

Arseus (all forms)
Celebi
Darkrai
Deoxys (all forms)
Dialga
Giratania
Groudon
Ho-oh
Jirachi
Kyogre
Latias
Latios
Lugia
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Wobbuffet
Wynaut

Battle Clauses

RUN AWAY CLAUSE - You may not run from a battle for any reason. If you do, your match is declared a forfeit.

SPECIES CLAUSE - Only one of any species of Pokemon on a team (Diglett and Dugtrio are considered part of the same species).

UBER CLAUSE - Any Pokemon that is in the list of Banned Pokemon (Section 5.1 of the Pokemon League Rule Book) is banned from normal play.

Cheat Devices

-Abnormal stat values are strictly prohibited
-Abnormal stat boosting (maxed genes) of any kind is strictly prohibited
-Abnormal move-sets are strictly prohibited
-Any and all hacking that hinders your opponent during battle is strictly prohibited
-All Pokemon used in battle must be obtained naturally. Offspring hatched from hacked parents are allowed.
-Hacked TM’s, HM’s, and other items are allowed
-Egg moves must be obtained naturally
-Hacked shiny Pokemon are allowed*

*I can’t tell you how many teams I’ve faced with blatantly hacked shiny Pokemon. It’s garish, and totally diminishes the rarity of a shiny Pokemon. Don’t do it.

Make sure to consult the Pokemon League Rule Book.

*NOTE: I know this is a bit premature, but I figured I'd start early to spread the word. I'll bookmark this thread so that I can make updates from time to time. The official site is the Pokemon League website.

I made a slight error: Manaphy and Shaymin are also banned Pokemon.

I just got Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, I haven't played a new pokemon game since Yellow so... What is half this stuff? Shiny pokemon? Species Claus? Abnormal Move Set?

I may join, depends if I can raise up 3 Pokes to level 100. Have already beat the Elite 4, so I should be able to do it. Have a couple ideas for my team if I am able to.

I just got Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, I haven't played a new pokemon game since Yellow so... What is half this stuff? Shiny pokemon? Species Claus? Abnormal Move Set?

Shiny Pokemon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiny_Pokémon

Species Clause: A rule being used in this tournament, not used in the actual games.

Abnormal Move Set: People using Gameshark/Action Replay to give Pokemon moves that they normally cannot learn.

I may join, depends if I can raise up 3 Pokes to level 100. Have already beat the Elite 4, so I should be able to do it. Have a couple ideas for my team if I am able to.

Raising your Pokemon to LVL 100 shouldn't be too much of a problem; there's an option on Wi-Fi that will temporarily boost your Pokemon to LVL 100. It won't take into account EV's (experience values) or moves that are learned by leveling up, but it gets the job done.

Movies205 said:

Don't worry too much about the terminology you don't know, is my suggestion. You'll become more savvy over time. But for the record:

Shiny Pokemon are rare variations of the Pokemon you encounter. They have a very special "genetic" (or IV's, if you're familiar with the term) makeup that gives them an alternate appearance. A Shiny Charizard, for example, is black instead of red. The odds of encountering a shiny Pokemon are incredibly, incredibly small. In fact, you'll probably never find one.

The Species Clause isn't something that is enforced by the game, but is generally respected by participating trainers. According to this rule, a trainer can't use two of the same Pokemon on a team. This is usually implemented to prevent a trainer from having two Alakazam's or Mewtwo's or Snorlax's, etc. on their team, which would be devastating.

An abnormal move-set would be a move-set that is obtained from a cheat device. A Machamp with Psychic would be an example.

My friend recently had a battle with another trainer, and he said that the game imposed a kind of species clause of its own... Apparently, trainers can't use Pokemon that are on each others' teams. My friend couldn't battle with his Empoleon because his opponent had one. Can anyone confirm this?

Hope not, would be completely ******ed if it is true though.

And I will be entering this tournament.

Hope not, would be completely ******ed if it is true though.

And I will be entering this tournament.

I tested it, and it isn't true. Thank God.

Thanks for the support. I'm really determined to make this tournament network the biggest Pokemon tournament on the net. I've been fishing around for other events out of curiosity, and mine is by far the most organized and straight forward.

UPDATE:

The Pokemon League has been able to achieve nearly 30 officially registered paricipants for the Phendrana tournament. It's an impressive number, especially for a relatively unkown website. There's still plenty of time for more people to register. I'm hoping the Pokemon League will eventually become the preferred tournament network for the Pokemon franchise (and who knows, I'm also thinking about Brawl.)

Also, I'm working on tightening up the presentation of the website, and updating and adding some content. Stay tuned.

Sorry I haven't updated this thread in a while, I've been so busy handling the sudden in flux of entrees. The response to my tournament has been awesome, at least much more of a successful tournament than expect. In fact, it's grown so big, that I have to make a few minor changes to accomodate the growth. A full update to this thread will be coming later today!

Ok, before I get to the most important update, let's get the small ones out of the way first (by the way, these next updates will be e-mailed to every memeber that has been officialy registered):

1. The start of the tournament (Round 1) has been officially dated on May 28, 2007 @ 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. Please consider the time zone difference when preparing for this tournament.

2. We've been debating for a while now about what the prize will be (and whether or not there should be a prize.) Here's our explanation (please bare with me): we ultimately decided that awarding a rare or legendary Pokemon would be counter to what this tournament emphasizes: strategic value. Accordingly, the champion of the Phendrana Tournament will be awarded a baby Bulbasuar with perfect IV's and a few key Egg Moves. It isn't glamorous, but to a true Pokemon Master, this prize is priceless. Countless hours went into obtaining this prize, so I hope you all appreciate it.

Now, this next update can be a little confusing, but please bare with me:

The tremendous amount of support that we've received has caused us to reevaluate how we handle the exchanging of necessary information for battle. Originally, we had planned to simply send individual e-mails to tournament participants containing their opponent's information (friend code, trainer alias, e-mail address, time zone, etc.). But as the roster kept growing and growing (the Phendrana Tournament is now nearly 50-strong), we decided that exchanging the information through e-mail would prove to be tedious. So, to reduce the amount of e-mails we have to prepare, we've come up with a solution:

The new Tournament Bracket (http://www.freewebs.com/poketourney/tournamentbracket.htm) page will archive the information of every particpating trainer in bracket form. You should be able to find your opponent's information quickly and easily. Currently, however, the Tournament Bracket page is bare (we're still accepting entrees). It will be updated with a full bracket on May 26, one day after the entry deadline. Once it is updated, you'll be able to see who you're battling against and be able to add their information.

So, to summarize, instead of receiving your opponent's information via e-mail, you'll have to find it in the new Tournament Bracket.

I hope this isn't too confusing. If you are confused, though, please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected].

(By the way, the Pokemon League Rule Book has been updated with this information. Feel free to reference it for further clarification).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"