Poll: Americans Ready to Elect a Black President

Status
Not open for further replies.
People were talking about Bush and voting for him because they could have a beer with him. Why the **** would you base your vote on that? Now Obama comes along and is viewed as a decent guy in a similar vein, but now the excuse is that he's too much like the average joe to get the job done. Make up your mind.

It seems like there are a lot of potential first in this upcoming election. Guiliani is multiply divorced and estranged from his kids. Hillary is a woman. Romney is a Mormon. Obama is Black-ish. There's plenty of opportunity for us to choose based on belief in ability over previous social hang-ups.

I think Hillary and Bill's marriage is pretty much an agreement for them both to further their political careers. So I would thoroughly expect for that to come under fire.

both are democrats so i wont vote for them (not that im planning to vote for my party either) but i would vote for Barack over hilary any day of the week, and twice on sundays.

and since i live in florida........

Im going to vote for Hiliary, Obama comes off as inexperienced for some reason, almost like if hes ever elected America is doomed.

why do you think that way? To me he has a decent track record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

both are democrats so i wont vote for them (not that im planning to vote for my party either) but i would vote for Barack over hilary any day of the week, and twice on sundays.

and since i live in florida........

Yea, thanks for Bush. :o

why do you think that way? To me he has a decent track record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

Yea, thanks for Bush. :o

I like that Obama isn't experienced in @ucking this country over. You'd think more people could get behind that.

Thanks for Bush? Oh that's it, we're so gonna screw this election over that you'll long for the days of Bush. One recount this time we'll give you thirteen and when it's all over Carlos Alvarez will have won by a landslide Spanish will be the only language allowable, oh just you start ruing. (Don't screw with florida, the heat, drugs, alcohol and women here make us freaking crazy)

I like that Obama isn't experienced in @ucking this country over. You'd think more people could get behind that.

Thanks for Bush? Oh that's it, we're so gonna screw this election over that you'll long for the days of Bush. One recount this time we'll give you thirteen and when it's all over Carlos Alvarez will have won by a landslide Spanish will be the only language allowable, oh just you start ruing. (Don't screw with florida, the heat, drugs, alcohol and women here make us freaking crazy)
mmmmmmm........
alcohol........
women........

Man don't give me thaqt ****, the only Bush did that I liked was being strict on immigration, but he whent back to the house and changed his mind.

By the way I like Florida, just not you guys' role in the election. Scarface was a great movie!!!

I just fear that if a black man ran for office, alot of people would vote for him just because he's black rather than his policies.

I just fear that if a black man ran for office, alot of people would vote for him just because he's black rather than his policies.

The same with a woman. It wouldn't be right, but it may be the only way to actually get someone different in office. People could say "I don't agree with their stance" until the end of time whenever a minority or a woman runs, and it would never happen. They could just be blowing smoke up your ass.

Guys why is this thread still getting replys? The obvious answer is no. Be honest with yourselves. Im sure everyone here has several racist friends(if not your the racist). America is not a multicultural country. The country is still segreagated. Their are "black" neighborhoods,"black" churches,"black" schools, we are not the multicultural paradise that the media portrays. Most groups have problems with other groups.

Guys why is this thread still getting replys? The obvious answer is no. Be honest with yourselves. Im sure everyone here has several racist friends(if not your the racist). America is not a multicultural country. The country is still segreagated. Their are "black" neighborhoods,"black" churches,"black" schools, we are not the multicultural paradise that the media portrays. Most groups have problems with other groups.

Obvious to you huh? Any change like this involves a struggle and fight and guess what? It's actually getting easier all the time. Slavery needed a war to end it. Segregation just needed the national guard. (yes there is still segregation but a good deal of that is by choice) Everyone has problems with people that aren't exactely like them and this won't change. If not race, then religion, sexual orientation, choice of sports teams.... you either except it or don't, but don't think race is the only segregating factor.

I think america is ready for a black president (and I think obama is a damn good canidate [please no more bushes and clintons]), but people have to be willing to fight this kind of defeatest thinking to achieve anything real.

By the way this argument is the same for the war in Iraq, health care reform, or really any change at all.

This isn't about who's likable, it's about who is capable. Being black myself, I don't believe Obama is capable. Most of black America (who doesn't vote anyway) is going to vote for Obama simply because of his race, and those are wasted votes, like voting for Nader. I think of the two Hillary has the better chance

If elections were based on who's capable and not who's likable we'd see a whole lot of different results in elections.

The fact that politicians go around and shake hands and kiss babies it to appear to be personable and likable.

It was just based on who's capable, you could just pass out reports on everyone and base them on a scale.

If elections were based on who's capable and not who's likable we'd see a whole lot of different results in elections.

The fact that politicians go around and shake hands and kiss babies it to appear to be personable and likable.

It was just based on who's capable, you could just pass out reports on everyone and base them on a scale.

yep. bill richardson would be a frontrunner. that dude's got a better resume than any of the other candidates, but he just happens to be a short, fat latin dude from new mexico. check out his diplomatic acheivements sometime, it's pretty impressive. plus, he's fairly moderate compared to many of the other dem candidates.

so whats your take on all the other cats getting votes and prestige just because they are white?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"