POLL: Most Disappointing Movie Sequel Ever? (Final Round!)

Lorendiac

Civilian
Reaction score
Which Movie Sequel was the Biggest Disappointment?

Thank you, everyone who offered nominations in the previous round! Over one hundred sequels were nominated at one time or another. I wasn't going to make you all read such a long list, so I tallied everything up on a spreadsheet and then deleted any film that only got one or two nominations. That reduced the list to a more manageable 25 entries for the Final Ballot.

Follow the link above and you'll see the Ballot. Remember, this time you only get to vote for one item, so think it over carefully before you commit yourself! :)

For those who are interested in knowing which nominees were pet peeves of the most people on the various comic book-related forums where I called for nominations, here are the candidates that were mentioned the most frequently:

1. Batman and Robin (18 nominations!)

2. (tie) Highlander 2 (13 nominations)
2. (tie) Superman III (13 nominations)

3. (tie) The Godfather, Part III (12 nominations)
3. (tie) The Phantom Menace (12 nominations)

Of course, these scores don't necessarily prove anything about how the Final Round will go, when each voter has to pick just one candidate as more disappointing than any of the others. We'll see what develops!

I like Highlander II.

<Runs away as fast as possible>

I actually like Batman & Robin alot better than Batman Forever.
I can't stand watching Batman Forever.

(Hides under the bed because the other members of SHH! will disagree and throw rocks)

Sentinel X said:
Oh sorry :O ...yeah that did suck
It did (but not as bad as part 4), but I still say Batman & Robin was worse.

Warhammer said:

(Hides under the bed because the other members of SHH! will disagree and throw rocks)

(Preps rock)

You can't hide forever.

I'm sorry but I have to throw a nod to Once Upon a Time in Mexico. I consider the trailer for this movie the best of all-time technically when it comes to juggling hyper-edits, music, sound effects, voice-overs, etc.

Once Upon A Time in Mexico trailer

It made me anticipate this movie a lot even though I thought Desperado was nothing more than a good action flick. And with the additions of Depp and William Dafoe joining the main characters (Banderas and Hayek) I thought I was in for a treat. Then I saw the movie....

I was probably more disappointed with Batman Forever than B&R, even though it was a better movie, but it pointed to the direction that was going to result in B&R, which can be seen as the "natural progression". But the most disappointing would be Matrix Reloaded, hand down.

I've seen only TPM and B&R. Between those two I'd say Batman & Robin.

Damn, guys. How the hell is Speed 2 not up there?

I hated that fat guy with the mustache in "Speed 2". He was annoying. The whole movie was.

B&R, The Matrix 2-3, T3, Godfather 3, MI-2, MIB-2 and Speed 2.

The Lost World: Jurassic Park

Warhammer said:
What???
I loved The Lost World.
Read the book. The movie sucks.

Warhammer said:

...I agree.I actually did like B&R more than Batman Forever:o :o

T3
Be Cool
Basic Instinct 2
Godfather 3
Batman And Robin
Jurassic Park 2
Look Who's Talking Now
Land Before Time sequels

terminator 3
alien resurrection

both not bad films in their own right, but just too different (and not as good) compared to the others

and I personally love alien 3; especially the longer cut....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"