Superman Returns Possible Major Spoilers

The Master said:
Where? I know he mention something about
how the FX were going to be used for Supes heat vision

Actually, I am pretty sure that it was a post by Justin (Bluetights.net) who mentioned something about "demonstrating Supes' strength by shooting him in the most vulnerable part of the body".

Couldn't find the right thread on BT, but found some that reference it.

#4, is what Singer was talking about when he said, 'You'll see Superman do things that NO OTHER comic book hero can.'

:up:

AsteroidMan said:
Actually, I am pretty sure that it was a post by Justin (Bluetights.net) who mentioned something about "demonstrating Supes' strength by shooting him in the most vulnerable part of the body".

Couldn't find the right thread on BT, but found some that reference it.

Yeah, thats where the whole lame 'Lex shoot Superman in crotch with Kryptonite Bullets' rumor came from.

Mentok said:
Yeah, thats where the whole lame 'Lex shoot Superman in crotch with Kryptonite Bullets' rumor came from.

Lex could just give Superman the dreaded DONKEY PUNCH!

Showtime029 said:
Both a plane and shuttle are going to be launched. The shuttle is piggybacked on top of the airplane and the shuttle is called Genesis.

Whether or not they both are being saved by Superman, I don't know.

isn't that the name of the camera they're using for filming? i guess they could have the same name. :confused:

I figured it had to be Supes eye or genitals--ouch. That should be interesting to see. We'll just have to see the film--maybe the trailer?--to finally get that plane/shuttle thing straightened out. In real life it has its own custom-made jet to take it up. Having the spaceship attached to a plane would be different, but its no big deal. Saving a plane with dozens of people on it is more interesting.

Do we get to see Superman catch a bullet in his teeth?;) Cause that'd just be fun to see.

Agnarr said:
I figured it had to be Supes eye or genitals--ouch. That should be interesting to see. We'll just have to see the film--maybe the trailer?--to finally get that plane/shuttle thing straightened out. In real life it has its own custom-made jet to take it up. Having the spaceship attached to a plane would be different, but its no big deal. Saving a plane with dozens of people on it is more interesting.

Do we get to see Superman catch a bullet in his teeth?;) Cause that'd just be fun to see.

haha. i remember dean cain doing that on the show a few times. might be cool to see in the movie as long as they don't ham it up.

Yea, I was thinking of Terminator 3 just for the visual, but for Superman I'd want it to be so casual that you might miss it, you know, a non-chalant thing for him to do. Who knows what we'll see, but great sfx shots are guaranteed.

Sub-Zero said:
isn't that the name of the camera they're using for filming? i guess they could have the same name. :confused:

That is correct and merely a coincidence. I was told the shuttle is to be called Genesis. It's not gospel but it's what I was told. Take it for what you will. :up:

Thanks for posting, Master, but as regards your thread title..."major spoilers"?
Does knowing Superman gets shot in the eye spoil anything?
I dunno, when I read "major spoilers" I'm thinking: Edward Norton is Tyler Durder, Kevin Spacey is Kaiser Soze and Bruce Willis is a ghost.
But that's just me.
:)

If the Kent farm is sold why does he land back there and why is Ma Kent still living there?

Actually the bullet to the eye thing was mentioned by Harry knowles about a year ago or so.
Oh and btw thanks for the post master.

I remember reading a looooooong way back, that When superman returns to earth parts of the Kent farm are ruined (could be true if the Kent Farm was sold at some point!)... And than we see Clark fix it up in superman style, which they said would look absolutely amazing on screen!... I dont know if this will happen, but it does make sense.

Superchan said:
Actually the bullet to the eye thing was mentioned by Harry knowles about a year ago or so.
Oh and btw thanks for the post master.
I dont understand.. so, he gets hurt because of a bullet that hits his eye!!?

Naite22 said:
I dont understand.. so, he gets hurt because of a bullet that hits his eye!!?

No, the bullet bounces off his eye.

I don't like that getting shot in the eye sequence. Doesn't sound to exciting. I like it how it was noted in the Showest footage, bullets bouncing off his chest. Classic.

Recall reading that SR will be very demonstrative re. Superman's invulnerability. I'ld say a bullet bouncing of his eye would certainly do that.

I just don't really see how it anything but a cool visual, if it is true. We know he's invulnerable, so it has always included his eyes, nose, ears, mouth, throat, and toenail.

To me it's a connect with the audience thing.

We all react to "things" near our eyes, it is our reflex to protect our eyes as they are extremely vulnerable. It's also an oft repeated methodology to take down a superior foe. Sort of a universal Achilles heal.

So a bullet ricocheting off Superman's eye drives home what it really means to be invulnerable.

afan said:
To me it's a connect with the audience thing.

We all react to "things" near our eyes, it is our reflex to protect our eyes as they are extremely vulnerable. It's also an oft repeated methodology to take down a superior foe. Sort of a universal Achilles heal.

So a bullet ricocheting off Superman's eye drives home what it really means to be invulnerable.

Actually, that is a really good point. Yeah it makes sense, take Cyclops for example. :up:

Showtime029 said:
Actually, that is a really good point. Yeah it makes sense, take Cyclops for example. :up:

Yup;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"