Superman Returns Routh talks about Superman Returns

I always thought Jason Momoa was cute, but Brandon blows him away. ;-)

No matter how disappointed I was when Superman Returns didn't get a sequel (or more than one), I think in the end it might be the right choice not to do so. I've never made it a secret; I think it's a great film. Sure, it had its flaws, but which film doesn't? But it never happened, so we'll have to deal with that.

To argue your statements that he's not a good actor and he hasn't done anything good; I beg to differ. I agree he hasn't done many good projects. Some were downright horrible (Dylan Dog), but I thought he was great in Chuck and his new film 'Crooked Arrows' seems like a good one, and he's doing a good job acting in it. But I haven't seen it in full yet, since it's not been released where I live. So yeah, I think he's a pretty good actor. Perhaps his poor choices in projects has something to do with the fact, as he stated in the afore mentioned interview, he doesn't want projects that may have the same effect as Superman Returns, a projected block-buster that doesn't do as well as hoped for. Even though he has put it behind him, I get the feeling he still feels a bit insecure about if it was his doing or not. But he's got other things on his mind now (becoming a daddy firstly, hehehe. :D)

I'm not sure if I want to see him return as Superman in a series. Although Smallville was done well special effects-wise, it was, in my opinion, not very well done story-wise. The first three seasons were pretty good, but after that it all went down hill. I don't think Brandon Routh would want any of that anyway. Lois & Clark was just horrible, now that I look back (and I'm not talking about special effects). Superman needs a big blasting film, not a series with a bad story.

And that's my rant for today.

Edit: Oh yeah, he's still cute... :hrt:

I thought he did a great job in Scott Pilgrim too. And there were many things wrong with SR, but Routh wasn't one of them.

He has that Gregory Peck look imo. He needs a bit more voice control. I liked his voice in Superman, but in some of the other movies he tends to let it stay a bit muted.

No matter how disappointed I was when Superman Returns didn't get a sequel (or more than one), I think in the end it might be the right choice not to do so. I've never made it a secret; I think it's a great film. Sure, it had its flaws, but which film doesn't? But it never happened, so we'll have to deal with that.

To argue your statements that he's not a good actor and he hasn't done anything good; I beg to differ. I agree he hasn't done many good projects. Some were downright horrible (Dylan Dog), but I thought he was great in Chuck and his new film 'Crooked Arrows' seems like a good one, and he's doing a good job acting in it. But I haven't seen it in full yet, since it's not been released where I live. So yeah, I think he's a pretty good actor. Perhaps his poor choices in projects has something to do with the fact, as he stated in the afore mentioned interview, he doesn't want projects that may have the same effect as Superman Returns, a projected block-buster that doesn't do as well as hoped for. Even though he has put it behind him, I get the feeling he still feels a bit insecure about if it was his doing or not. But he's got other things on his mind now (becoming a daddy firstly, hehehe. :D)

I'm not sure if I want to see him return as Superman in a series. Although Smallville was done well special effects-wise, it was, in my opinion, not very well done story-wise. The first three seasons were pretty good, but after that it all went down hill. I don't think Brandon Routh would want any of that anyway. Lois & Clark was just horrible, now that I look back (and I'm not talking about special effects). Superman needs a big blasting film, not a series with a bad story.

And that's my rant for today.

Edit: Oh yeah, he's still cute... :hrt:

I liked him in Chuck a lot too. BTW, the Chuck fandom voted him The Ultimate Chuck Villain:
http://chucktv.net/2012/06/25/your-ultimate-chuck-villain-is/

I have to agree, he was the best baddie in whole the series. Hope you can see Crooked Arrows soon. Good family movie, and Brandon did a fine job in the lead, IMO. :yay:

I liked him in Chuck a lot too. BTW, the Chuck fandom voted him The Ultimate Chuck Villain:
http://chucktv.net/2012/06/25/your-ultimate-chuck-villain-is/

I have to agree, he was the best baddie in whole the series. Hope you can see Crooked Arrows soon. Good family movie, and Brandon did a fine job in the lead, IMO. :yay:
Thanks. I do hope it comes to more theatres in my country (Netherlands) soon. I know it aired last week Tuesday in Amsterdam, but that's not anywhere near me. If not, I'll just have to wait until it's released to DVD.

And yeah, he was definitely the best baddie in Chuck. I recommend everyone to see it. :woot:

Thanks. I do hope it comes to more theatres in my country (Netherlands) soon. I know it aired last week Tuesday in Amsterdam, but that's not anywhere near me. If not, I'll just have to wait until it's released to DVD.

And yeah, he was definitely the best baddie in Chuck. I recommend everyone to see it. :woot:

Since you really appreciate Brandon as Supes and as Shaw, check this out:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m71okhYXeB1rzz8vno1_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m71okhYXeB1rzz8vno2_500.gif

http://yogaseal.tumblr.com/post/27013671588/favourite-chuck-villain-daniel-shaw

enjoy!

Last edited:
Anyone seen Ted? Pretty hard knock on Routh at the end but VERY funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"