Transformers Possible pictures and information on robot modes?

DOG LIPS said:
Older than the oldest old of older. But thanks. And welcome! :woot:
Of course, you have to understand, we live in a time warp here. It's only bee floating for about a week.

Shinobi Rendar said:
Prime being the only one resembling the original does worry me. I bet the rest of them are gonna look like mecha's from one of those new anime. (no problem with anime, i love it... but i do want the transformers to look like TRANSFORMERS)
not sure how late i am on responding to this...but uh...the Transformers are anime o_O

Won '08 said:
not sure how late i am on responding to this...but uh...the Transformers are anime o_O

Actually, they aren't. Well, at least G1 wasn't. The Transformers, or whatever they were called before, started out as a Toyline in Japan. Hasbro got the rights to bring them over here and produced a cartoon which basically served as 20 minute advertising. The show aired in 1984 in the US and 1985 in Japan.

Shinobi Rendar said:
lol you digged really deep for that one.
Nah not really. I came in to see if any new pics popped up and I saw your post and everyone complaining about how animiesh the 'Formers are looking, but people must remember the toon itself, though produced by an american company was drawn and animated by those crazy japanese, in the style of anime. s'all.

Megatron....oh dear Megatron...sigh.

Nathan said:
Actually, they aren't. Well, at least G1 wasn't. The Transformers, or whatever they were called before, started out as a Toyline in Japan. Hasbro got the rights to bring them over here and produced a cartoon which basically served as 20 minute advertising. The show aired in 1984 in the US and 1985 in Japan.
lol just because it wasn't animated in japan (actually it was...the animators , from what I remember, were in japan and hasbro just dragged the animation over here for display and sellin') doesnt mean it isn't anime

Anime is an art form. A Japanese art-form. It's not as linear as "made in Japan".

Won '08 said:
Nah not really. I came in to see if any new pics popped up and I saw your post and everyone complaining about how animiesh the 'Formers are looking, but people must remember the toon itself, though produced by an american company was drawn and animated by those crazy japanese, in the style of anime. s'all.

Megatron....oh dear Megatron...sigh.

The series was animated primarily in Korea.

Won '08 said:
Anime is an art form. A Japanese art-form. It's not as linear as "made in Japan".

It's not an art-form...it's a word...the Nipongo word for cartoon. If it were an art-form than manga would be the same art form. The styles of anime are as varied as our toons are.

bluejake01 said:
It's not an art-form...it's a word...the Nipongo word for cartoon. If it were an art-form than manga would be the same art form. The styles of anime are as varied as our toons are.
Manga isn't the same art form at all. New York City had a huge Asian Art Festival last year in several of our museums displaying Japanese Culture and the explosion in popular Art form. There was a huge Gundam head in one of the museums that had televisions in it explaining why Anime and Manga became Art Forms dominating today's modern pop culture.

I learned a lot....

you should look into it.

Won '08 said:
Manga isn't the same art form at all. New York City had a huge Asian Art Festival last year in several of our museums displaying Japanese Culture and the explosion in popular Art form. There was a huge Gundam head in one of the museums that had televisions in it explaining why Anime and Manga became Art Forms dominating today's modern pop culture.

I learned a lot....

you should look into it.

It's the same as saying a cartoon and a comic are the same art form...they utilize different techniques, but they retain similar design elements. There are infinite variations and styles utilized in Anime and Manga...Look...this is what I am saying...Anime isn't a style...it's a word...it's a clasification...like cartoon. The words mean the same thing...one is english, the other is Japanese. The big eyed, dainty nose and simple lines commonly associated with anime originated as an immitation of western cartoons of the depression era. They stuck with it. Disney created a new standard of realism with Snow White that has been seen in western animation ever since.

You can't call something it's own art form if it uses the exact same techniques as it's western counterpart. You also can't call it a "style" since there are so many different styles, like with western animation. it is merely the Japanese word for cartoon.

Yeah..... Megatron looks like crap. Couldn't they have tried a little harder? It's not like they have a budget of 20$. I bet the first time he walks, his leg falls off!!! Seriously, it really doesn't look like it could transform into anything, well mabey a ball of crumpled tin foil. Then you could transform him into somthing to cover your left over mashed potatoes.