Post-Batman '22: Rank the Car Chases

Luigi

Futurism
Reaction score
Rank in order of preference the various Batman car chases.

My ranking:

1. Tumbler Chase (Batman Begins)
2. Penguin Chase (The Batman)
3. Joker Chase (TDK)
4. Bomb Chase (TDKR)
5. Trailer Chase (BVS)
6. Two-Face Chase (Batman Forever)

1.) Tumbler Chase (Batman Begins)
2.) The Joker Chase (The Dark Knight)
3.) Bomb Chase (The Dark Knight Rises)
4.) Rogue Batmobile (Batman Returns)
5.) Semi Chase (Batman V. Superman)

I love The Batman but I've yet to warm up to the Batmobile chase in it. I love the sound and feel of the vehicle, but the actual chase was underwhelming and the focus on very tightly framed shots and close ups for a good majority of the chase just made it difficult to tell where the cars were/what was happening.

1: Joker Chase (TDK)
2: Penguin Chase (The Batman)
3: Tumbler Chase (BB)
4: Bomb Chase (TDKR)
5: Rogue Batmobile (Returns)

1. Penguin Chase (The Batman)
2. Joker Chase (TDK)
3. Tumbler Chase (Batman Begins)
4. Bomb Chase (TDKR)
5. Trailer Chase (BVS)
6. Two-Face Chase (Batman Forever)

Joker chase (TDK)
Tumbler chase (BB)
Penguin chase (The Batman)
Trailer chase (BvS)
Two Face chase (BF)

1.) Tumbler Chase (Batman Begins)
2.) The Joker Chase (The Dark Knight)
3.) Bomb Chase (The Dark Knight Rises)
4.) Rogue Batmobile (Batman Returns)
5.) Semi Chase (Batman V. Superman)

I love The Batman but I've yet to warm up to the Batmobile chase in it. I love the sound and feel of the vehicle, but the actual chase was underwhelming and the focus on very tightly framed shots and close ups for a good majority of the chase just made it difficult to tell where the cars were/what was happening.

Unfortunately I agree. The cinematography was beautiful, the car is gorgeous and you can feel the tension between Bats and Oz, but it was hard to follow the action.
My ranking:
1- Joker chase (TDK)
2- Bomb chase (TDKR)
3- Saving Rachel (BB)
4- Penguin chase (TB)
5- Batman's return (TDKR)
6- Parademons fight (ZSJL)
7- Kryptonite (BvS)
5- Saving Vicki (B89)
6- Two-Face (BF)
7- Rogue Batmobile (Returns)
8- Robin going wild (B&R)

From someone who doesn't like cinema experience (wait a month from now, I'll watch The Batman then... hopefully):

1. Joker Chase (TDK)
  2. Rogue car chase (Batman Returns)
  3. Cops and Joker Goons and Batman (B89)
  4. Batman escaping Two-Face and henchmen (Batman Forever)
  5. Batman & Robin chasing Freeze (B&R)
  6. The whole ride after stock exchange robbery (TDKR)
  7. Parademons (ZSJL)
  8. Tumbler chase (Batman Begins)
  9. ..
  10. .
  11. .
  12. .
  13. .
  14. That ugly thing with ugly music from BvS

Batman Begins chase should be higher, but that movie has some ugly editing in action scenes. That chase has better editing than fights, but it's still quite underwhelming

Chase scenes have never been a particular point of interest for me. So whereas most people are probably ranking them on the basis of what actually happens during each chase, I would be more likely to rank them based off of the music that accompanies the scene, the general look of the environment it's taking place in, how badass the Batmobile looks, etc. Basically everything but the actual chase itself lol. So to that end, I'm gonna be boringly predictable and say the chase in '89 is my favourite for the reasons already mentioned. :O Even if it's so obviously not the most eventful or extensive chase scene, the music, editing and the direction keeps me coming back to it. It does a lot with so little.

1. The Joker Chase
2. The Penguin Chase
3. Tumbler Chase

All the other ones are fine, they don't much do it for me. They're competent that get from A to B but don't really stand out. Even the Tumbler chase itself is fine, I'm more impressed with the Tumbler's abilities and the fact it's about Batman saving Rachel than the chase itself. I think the issue might be the Tumbler isn't really the fastest of the Batmobiles. Which was smart of Nolan to utilize its capabilities than a more traditional high speed chase.

The best two are TDK's and The Batman. I see what people mean about the closeness of The Batman's, but the closeness is what helps give it character, it harkens back to The French Connection which is a pretty tight and claustrophic chase.

Last edited:
Joker Chase (TDK)
Tumbler Chase (BB)
Penguin Chase (TB)

Batman's first (re)appearance in The Dark Knight Rises doesn't last long, doesn't have the best stunts and it's not my overall favourite, but it deserves an honourable mention since it was the one where I cheered the most the first time I saw it. That moment when you see the hero again on film after four years and the greatest comic book movie ever made brought chills down my spine. The movie itself was building for that particular event for 45 minutes.

Batman's first (re)appearance in The Dark Knight Rises doesn't last long, doesn't have the best stunts and it's not my overall favourite, but it deserves an honourable mention since it was the one where I cheered the most the first time I saw it. That moment when you see the hero again on film after four years and the greatest comic book movie ever made brought chills down my spine. The movie itself was building for that particular event for 45 minutes.
Definitely should be listed. Loved that. Plus being chased by the WHOLE police force. :funny:

Dark Knight Car Chase for the suspense.

Batman Begins Car Chase for the awe.

Batman 89 car chase for the fun.

Penguin Chase for the thrill

Returns chase for the shock.

Forever chase for the laughs.

Not a ranking just saying what I love about each of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"