Post Mid Terms - who should challenge Trump in 2020?

If prisoners cant vote then they shouldnt be allowed to participate in any political campaigns or political jobs.
Except an argument can be made for allowing them to vote. They still should definitely not be doing work for campaigns.

Except an argument can be made for allowing them to vote. They still should definitely not be doing work for campaigns.

Where are they registered to vote? If it is where the prison is located could that effect the local vote?

Warren could have won if she had been honest about M4A. Obama's endorsement could siphon votes away from Joe to allow Bernie to overtake him.

Bernie is old as dirt but as long as he can find a decent running mate we're good.

Bernie is old as dirt but as long as he can find a decent running mate we're good.
It tells you how bad our federal political system is that the only honest person is an 80-year-old man who just had a heart attack.

Bernie isn't going to get the nomination. He appeals to the base, but he doesn't appeal to several minority groups. Additionally, middle America isn't going to jump on the Bernie wagon when Trump starts telling them that Bernie wants to raise their taxes.

Bernie isn't going to get the nomination. He appeals to the base, but he doesn't appeal to several minority groups. Additionally, middle America isn't going to jump on the Bernie wagon when Trump starts telling them that Bernie wants to raise their taxes.

This is just categorically untrue. Of all candidates Bernie has the highest number of women and POC supporters.

This is just categorically untrue. Of all candidates Bernie has the highest number of women and POC supporters.
His only weakness is the affluent old black and white folks. The Hillary and Obama supporters.

Democratic primary polls: Who's ahead in the 2020 race?

Bernie has more support among Hispanic voters, but African Americans and women side with Biden over Bernie. Don't get me wrong, I'm a minority and I support Bernie over Biden (Warren is my first choice), but I'm not going to blindly assume Bernie has more support overall than Biden.

Democratic primary polls: Who's ahead in the 2020 race?

Bernie has more support among Hispanic voters, but African Americans and women side with Biden over Bernie. Don't get me wrong, I'm a minority and I support Bernie over Biden (Warren is my first choice), but I'm not going to blindly assume Bernie has more support overall than Biden.

So even according to this, Bernie's Black support is second only to Biden, and more than half of his support is made-up of women, and as you said he has more support within the Hispanic community. How on Earth does that equate to him not appealing to minority groups?

So even according to this, Bernie's Black support is second only to Biden, and more than half of his support is made-up of women, and as you said he has more support within the Hispanic community. How on Earth does that equate to him not appealing to minority groups?

Not sure if you know how polls work, but just because Bernie is second to Biden in black support that doesn't speak to the number of total black voters (ex. Biden could have the support of 12 million while Bernie could have the support of 3 million). And similar conclusion can be drawn about women. So that's two groups that support Biden more than Bernie. That's all I'm saying.

Not sure if you know how polls work, but just because Bernie is second to Biden in black support that doesn't speak to the number of total black voters (ex. Biden could have the support of 12 million while Bernie could have the support of 3 million). And similar conclusion can be drawn about women. So that's two groups that support Biden more than Bernie. That's all I'm saying.

I still don't understand how you're making the argument that Bernie isn't connecting to minority groups. I'm not talking about who has more support in total numbers, I'm talking about connecting to potential voters. He has more appeal to minority groups than any other candidate, besides Biden, I will grant you. Now, let's make assumptions here, let's say the majority of Biden's black support comes from him being VP to Obama. That's not an unreasonable assertion to make, I don't think. So, then you have to consider that Biden's appeal isn't even because he's Biden, its because he's tied to Obama. Now, let's say early state polling remains consistent, and Bernie manages to come in first in New Hampshire, Iowa, and Nevada. That's going to change everything going into Super Tuesday. Do you believe Biden will still have the same level of support if that happens? All I'm saying is that Biden's appeal comes from the appearance of being electable, and being Obama's VP, and Bernie's appealing just fine to minority groups.

I'm going through the poll at the top of this thread and noticing just how out-of-date it is. I think maybe this thread should be locked, and someone should create a General Democratic Primary 2020 thread.

I'm going through the poll at the top of this thread and noticing just how out-of-date it is. I think maybe this thread should be locked, and someone should create a General Democratic Primary 2020 thread.
Message one of the mods for this section and see what they think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"