Power on STARZ

I was super skeptical at first, but man Power Book II Ghost ended up being pretty great and a worthy follow-up to Power. Loved the finale, especially a certain cameo from one of my favorite characters on this show and the second half of this season overall was just fantastic IMO. I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but if the rest of those spinoffs are this level of quality than I'm all for it. I'm also really looking forward to Season 2.

I was super skeptical at first, but man Power Book II Ghost ended up being pretty great and a worthy follow-up to Power. Loved the finale, especially a certain cameo from one of my favorite characters on this show and the second half of this season overall was just fantastic IMO. I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but if the rest of those spinoffs are this level of quality than I'm all for it. I'm also really looking forward to Season 2.
Agreed. I felt the same way as you but it got better. For me I think what really put a bad taste in my mouth was Season 6 of Power it could've been done so much better than what it was and I think Tariq could've been written much better because meaning having him have a better respect for his father. Because they are rewriting history here making it seem like Tasha never wanted this life for him when really it was his father that didn't and almost everything he did was to keep him away from this life. I still would love it if they showed him later down the line understanding his father and him trying to get Truth back. That's what I was hoping Tommy could teach him but Tommy was much like Tasha all about the streets never understanding there is so much more beyond that like Jamie did.

Watching Book III actually makes me feel bad for Jukebox right now. Something I never thought would happen. However I do hope if the series gets far enough we see a young Jamie & Tommy on this and Tasha too.

Last edited:
Book III has been pretty great so far and I agree that what they are doing with Jukebox in this show has actually made me feel alot more sypmathetic towards her as a character.

I also really like the kid playing young Kanan and the actress playing his mom, but hopefully they give Omar Epps more to do because his character feels like more like an afterthought right now.

Thinking about it what makes Ghost (Jamie) so different from Tariq, Tommy, Kanan & Tasha is that they only see the streets and drug money and nothing but that Jamie saw it differently he saw it as a means to an end for a better life without that stuff or that life. I think the only other person to see it that way other than Jamie might have been Dre.

Said it once and I'll say it again this show is really making me feel bad for Jukebox and now wondering how she got the way she did.

Another great episode and I keep saying this week after week also feeling bad for Juke and now just understand she just gave up on everyone and everything.

Long overdue but I watching the first episode of the series on demand. Gonna try to finish with the show within next week. Then Book 2 & 3.

Ok lagged off of my marathon of the series but I’m on season 3 now and this is so good. It makes wonder why I never watched when it first came out because this series is right up my alley as far as crime shows go.

Finally on Force and I’m liking it so far. Also like the Kanan series more then Ghost. The Chicago setting for Force is a nice change of pace from NYC and I like Tommy becoming more of his own boss.

Finally on Force and I’m liking it so far. Also like the Kanan series more then Ghost. The Chicago setting for Force is a nice change of pace from NYC and I like Tommy becoming more of his own boss.

I've been enjoying all the spinoff shows, but so far Force is easily the best of them IMO and I even thought it was superior to the OG Power series mostly because of Tommy being the lead.

I also loved how they didn't focus so much on romance which really started to bog down Power for me in the later seasons, especially all the Angela Valdez stuff which just got boring after a while.

Force is pretty lean and fast paced throughout though.

I've been enjoying all the spinoff shows, but so far Force is easily the best of them IMO and I even thought it was superior to the OG Power series mostly because of Tommy being the lead.

I also loved how they didn't focus so much on romance which really started to bog down Power for me in the later seasons, especially all the Angela Valdez stuff which just got boring after a while.

Force is pretty lean and fast paced throughout though.
Yeah most definitely the Angela stuff got repetitive. I also really didn’t like Tariq in The OG Power series even though I got his reasoning’s for his actions. I’m ok with his character now in Ghost because it seems like he’s finally learning his fathers lessons.

Finished Power Book IV: Force and with that I’m all caught on the Power Universe. Now I get to watch Raising Kanan S2, Ghost S3 and Force S2 live which makes me pretty excited.

Tonight’s episode ending of Kanan was sad. Raq doesn’t understand the more she lies to Kanan the more she’s going to lose him.

Last edited:
Jukebox storyline is breaking me. Especially this past Sundays episode.

Thought the premiere was pretty good with a lot of interesting developments that they set up. Norma is going to be a great antagonist I think and possibly gonna set up that UK Power Spin-Off that’s being talked about..

Just got done with the latest episode and all of these episodes this current season of Ghost has been firing on all cylinders.

Yeah, this season is definitely off to a strong start so far and I'm surprised by how many major deaths we've had since we are barely even 6 episodes in, and things have already ramped up pretty fast.

I still haven't gotten over them killing off Zeke the way they did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"