Power on STARZ

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Superman Earth1, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Calvin Ellis Kal-El of Earth 23

The Carl Gallagher as Tommy was funny. But as this last season goes I think they could've done a much better job especially with the second half of the season. But what's done is done but to me this season was done poorly or lazy writing. However I love how they showed how important Angie was to Jamie because it was like she was his moral compass and without her he fell hard and fast.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  2. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

3. kguillou Registered

Finally finished this and this unfortunately will go down as one of those great shows with big letdowns of an ending. This show was always trashy Soap Opera fun but the writing was always really clever and compelling. Season 6 went out with a whimper though.

The thing that really pissed me off was how Ghost was written at the end. Ghost was never a “good” person but there was always a cool charm and likeability to him and for better or worse he was a master plotter and always tried to find the best scenario where everyone he cared about came out alive and out of jail...even Tommy. Ghost always looked out for his people. But in the last chunk of episodes the writers purposely wrote Jaime in such a way that you hate him and i guess dont feel so bad when he gets shot by you know who. His final interactions with the cast were so wildly out of character, it was like he was a supervillain or something all of a sudden. That right there put me at a disconnect but whatever.

Not the worst series finale ever but disappointing nonetheless.

Calvin Ellis likes this.
  4. Calvin Ellis Kal-El of Earth 23

Couldn't agree more the only in character part about him in the last season was when he told Tommy not to shoot you know who after Tommy arrived and saw him. As I said before I just chalk it up to Angie being gone and she was like it or not his moral compass of good while for the most part Tasha & Tommy were like the little devil on his shoulder and with Angie gone he just fell hard and fast. But I hated this last season and thought it was a complete waste of an other wise solid series. It made me not wanting to watch or even caring about the spin-offs.

kguillou likes this.
  5. kguillou Registered

Yup, i aint watching none of these spinoffs. The writers purposely wrote Ghost in a despicable manner so that you feel him getting shot is deserved but that was sloppily done. They were trying to tell us Ghost was the real villain of the show all along. BS.

i also think Starz has some audacity to greenlight all these spinoffs thinking they will be anywhere near successful as the original show. Talk about milking this cow to the last drop.

#180 kguillou, Mar 5, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    Calvin Ellis likes this.
  6. Calvin Ellis Kal-El of Earth 23

See here's what gets me we all knew Ghost was bad and I could even deal with the way they wrote him this season if there was some build up to it. Meaning you spend a whole season showing him go dark and down that rabbit hole. However when you spend 5 seasons showing him trying to get out the game and become a respectable person and only doing what he does to protect or provide a better life for his family then how they wrote him this season doesn't work. If him losing his daughter and being unjustly blamed for it (when everything for the most part was his sons fault) doesn't turn him that dark then losing Angie shouldn't have either (well that quickly anyways) you should've spent a season showing how losing everything truly effected him and how having no one to turn to or confide in made him go that way that when the next season starts you'll understand his death.

7. kguillou Registered

Sounds like the same problem a certain OTHER very popular show ran into and dropped the ball on in their final season recently ;)

Sometimes the writers just say f*** it when theyre nearing the finish line I guess.

Calvin Ellis likes this.