Preacher Preacher Season Three!

The third season brought me back. I probably need to rewatch the whole thing, but through the second season started to wear on me a bit and it felt like an obligation to watch out of love for the comics. Now I can't wait for season 4.

Will Jesse ever get the eye-catch?

Yeah, I enjoyed s2 when it was running, but looking back on it, it's probably the weakest season with 1 and 3 being the strongest.

And with all the nods the show has already made to the comics, I'm pretty sure we will indeed get to see that. I'll miss the top hat though. Eye patch/top hat combo (maybe even with comic styled hair) would've been cool af to see and I can NOT be the only one who thinks so lmao

Also, can we all please talk about the fact that Hitler is now the ruler of ****ing bad place ? Lmao

Last edited:
Given how everything is flipping around, what if he gives the Saint his eye as a bounty on God?

I found this last season to be the weakest so it wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't get another. :(

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

Finally finished season 3 took me a while to get through due to internet issues but wow what a season, best one so far imo. If you'd have told me Jessie would go pretty much the whole season without Genesis I would say that that sounds like a terrible idea, boy was I wrong.

Going to split my review in to 3 sections for the 3 main stories this season.

Jessie & Angelville
Slowly being revealed Jessie's life while in Angelville was really interesting (I have never read the comics) so always knew he had that good side from his dad but wondered where the darker bank robber side of him came from. Big props to the actress who plays Gran'ma L'Angelle she was great in pretty much all her scenes but it was her stuff with Jessie where she would switch between caring and straight up crazy that got me. Same for the actor who played Jody he got that sort of intimidating presences down to a tee without having to be Hollywood muscly. May sound messed up but im so glad he killed her (I know the whole going to bad place thing is gonna come back and bite him at some point).
I felt bad about TC and Jody in a way, which if you told me at the beginning of the season I'd feel any compassion for those two, I'd say you were crazy. Just Jody saying "I'm proud of you, Boy", damn.
I see what you mean but I didn't feel sympathy for Jody I did for TC though you got the sense TC was more sympathetic to what he had done and didn't really want to hurt people. The "Im proud of you" bit was nice but I took it more as Jody's way of acknowledging that Jessie had finally surpassed him as a better fighter with Jody surely knowing that when that day came Jessie would kill him.

Cassidy's Story
Cassidy's story was my absolute favourite of the three, he was actually kind of annoying me in Angelville, I know he loves Tulip as well but when he got the love potion I was like "NO CASS DON'T" His story really felt like it took off once he went back to New Orleans and met the Children of Blood. I love the initial exchanges between Cassidy & Eccarius it was hilarious to see Cassidy talking to a literal cliché of everything related to vampires. The transformation that Eccarius could do were a really interesting addition to their take on Vampire lore, would love to see them introduce a new monster. Felt bad for Cass when he discovers that's how Eccarius is getting his power thought this could have made a good new home for him.

bad place: The Saint, Devil, Azrael, Eugene, and Hilter
When I first seen the Devil I was a little disappointed expected him to be a bit more menacing, he had the whole sleazy salesman vibe but it grew on me especially when I thought of how untypical they have been in gods portrayal. One little thing I wish they had done slightly different was the showdown between The Saint & Azrael, I dunno I just felt that a fight between beings called The Saint of Killers & The Angel of Death should have been more epic than snatching out her eyes lol. By the time it got round to him killing the Devil I sort of just expected the Saint to do it but was still an awesome ending especially with Hitler taking over bad place (finally got his plum cake:funny:). It was nice to see the Saint take Eugene out of bad place also.

All in all probably the best season yet so far imo and I can't wait for season 4

Can't believe I forgot to mention The Grail Herr Starr, Lara Featherstone, All-Father & Hoover:eek:.

When Starr first appeared in season 2 I was like "who is this creepy weirdo" took me a long time to warm to him even as a villain but once Jessie got his power back I was like "please don't kill him". He's such a good bad guy and I actually liked his back and fourth with Jessie about taking over as the messiah. I got the feeling Starr really would have followed Jessie if Jessie had agreed to it.

Featherstone was excellent again, after offing Tulip at the end of season 2 it was great to see her and Tulip have to play nice on the trip to Osaka, was sort of gutted to lose such a good villain when she was being dragged off to bad place by Azrael (she's lucky Euegene was there lol). For some reason just before that I thought you were going to maybe see some sort of truce or even show of mutual respect between the two but it never came.

All-Father was aptly disgusting every scene he was in, they really captured that gluttonous feel with him, his death was hilarious as honestly I expected him to survive until next season.

Hoover was just Hoover, the vampire change was nice touch thought maybe they would work some new storyline around him for that but no Starr just killed him. Tbh his character has seemed to have run its course and was little more than the comedy relief.

Herr Starr is one of the best characters (if not THE best honestly) of both the comics and the show. I'm glad you warmed up to him.
Yeah I wasn't sure on him to begin with but like you said he's one of the best characters in the show. Im interested to see how he changes in season 4 since it looks like he's taking the gloves off and has had enough of Custer.

Any word when season 4 comes out?

Yeah I wasn't sure on him to begin with but like you said he's one of the best characters in the show. Im interested to see how he changes in season 4 since it looks like he's taking the gloves off and has had enough of Custer.

Any word when season 4 comes out?
Probably June at the earliest, but I'd guess around October as I think it's still filming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"