Preacher Season Three!

Discussion in 'Preacher' started by Steelsheen, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

The Nazi wearing a MAGA hat was a nice detail.

I loved this season. AMC needs to hurry up and renew it already. :argh:

2. MurkeNyou

MurkeNyou Well-Known Member

I really, really liked this last episode. I have friends that love the comic, but hate the show because of the changes. Personally the Hitler/ Nazi stuff is timely, and they are always great bullet fodder. "We have a Tank".

3. MurkeNyou

I'd be inclined to agree at this point.

I felt bad about TC and Jody in a way, which if you told me at the beginning of the season I'd feel any compassion for those two, I'd say you were crazy. Just Jody saying "I'm proud of you, Boy", damn.

4. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Well-Known Member

And another uncensored F-bomb, too. Love how Preacher can push boundaries that a lot of these other TV-MA rated comic shows can't, at least as far as language goes. But very much looking forward to a potential Season 4, because we absolutely have to see how Hell functions under Hitler's reign.

And I'd agree. I think this could be the best season yet. Or at least the best season finale.

5. hellblazer103

hellblazer103 Nasty Piece of Work

Eh, I didn't feel sorry for Jody really, and I expected them to actually go somewhere with the whole " Jody liking Christina " concept, but that fight was amazing . The comment about the lighter, the no-holds-barred, this-is-****ing-it feel of it and I like how they switched the bashing-out-of-the-brains Jesse does to TC in the comics with Jody instead. Colin Cunningham did a spectacular job as TC, making him a bit more gullible/innocent seeming than the comic version. To be fair, it's not like Jody and TC had much of a personality in the comics to begin with apart from being twisted psychopaths who work for some old evil twisted psychopath lol . I'm wondering if they plan to use TC for future seasons .

See, this is where I seem to differ from a majority.

I love the comics and acknowledge them as being at, like , the highest level of comic book writing out there, but I love what the show's been doing . At first, yes, a couple of the changes did urk me, but upon rewatching and thinking on it, I respect what they're doing, I think they're doing a great job of maintaining the same spirit/feel/essence of the comics while keeping everything fresh all at once, and when they DO include something from the comics I get that much more excited because it's such a nice, pleasant surprise. They've more or less been following the same plot while changing how certain things happen, expanding upon certain stories and elements, and rearranging events.

This season alone has borrowed a ****ton of things from the comics which I thought was beautiful

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  6. Themanofbat

Themanofbat Never Mind the Buttocks...

I read them right from issue #1
    I just find he's more comical relief (and that's ok to a certain extent) and doesn't really show that vampire side... at least not since his first appearance on the plane...
    I dunno...

The actor is fantastic though...

7. hellblazer103

Well, I mean, it's pretty obvious to the viewers that he's a vampire, there's not a single episode where he's not out in a ridiculous get-up or under a giant umbrella to protect him against the sun, we've seen him feed on animals and the like, etc. I guess they just feel that it's clear enough to the audience without having to show him doing vampy stuff every five seconds. I wouldn't mind seeing him rip some heads off and I'm sure he'll be doing that to some Grail members next season for sure, but I can't say I see it as a necessity to constantly show him doing that just to say " look guys! He's a vampire ! " because I feel like there's enough of that in the show as it is

And if I recall, Cass of the comics was also written as likable/the comic relief of the story throughout most of the series up until we discover the awful things he's done. I feel like that's sort of the point ; we're meant to trust Cass and therefore be that much more devastated when we witness his true nature.

8. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

I don't want Cass to be a full on meanie. :(

9. hellblazer103

I do, lmao.

It'd be a big failure on the show's part if it didn't go down that way IMO. I feel like one of the main themes of the story is to not trust certain " friends " so easily .

10. Themanofbat

Themanofbat Never Mind the Buttocks...

You misunderstood me (I think)...

When I originally said "I wanted him to vamp out", I meant go full force "ripping some heads off" like you mentioned...

Going three plus seasons without seeing the full force of his power is a little long to wait in my opinion... but your last point has some merit to that...

:yay:

11. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

Viewership for the finale hit a season high with 1.02 million viewers. I think that makes it AMC's most watched scripted show after the Walking Deads and Better Call Saul.

12. hellblazer103

Really ? Damn, that makes me even more annoyed when people complain about the ratings as if they're a guarantee of the show's cancellation

13. craigaat

craigaat World's Greatest Spy

The third season brought me back. I probably need to rewatch the whole thing, but through the second season started to wear on me a bit and it felt like an obligation to watch out of love for the comics. Now I can't wait for season 4.

Will Jesse ever get the eye-catch?

14. hellblazer103

Yeah, I enjoyed s2 when it was running, but looking back on it, it's probably the weakest season with 1 and 3 being the strongest.

And with all the nods the show has already made to the comics, I'm pretty sure we will indeed get to see that. I'll miss the top hat though. Eye patch/top hat combo (maybe even with comic styled hair) would've been cool af to see and I can NOT be the only one who thinks so lmao

Also, can we all please talk about the fact that Hitler is now the ruler of ****ing Hell ? Lmao

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  15. MurkeNyou

Given how everything is flipping around, what if he gives the Saint his eye as a bounty on God?

16. hellblazer103

THAT is an interesting idea to say the least. I could see it being possible. However, I'd say the Saint has more than enough reason to kill God as it already is, so I don't see how that'd be necessary.

I also have a small theory that Jesse will end up in Hell some way or another, Cidney (being blind and all) will mistaken him for Hitler, and we'll then get the show's version of the "**** ME HARD AND CALL ME EVA " moment in the Salvation arc. She's sort of got a BDSM vibe with the whip and all and she's now Hitler's servant, so it's not hard to believe she probably "serves " him in a lot of different ways :cwink:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  17. lefthookvillain

lefthookvillain Well-Known Member

Wait, so the next season isn't guaranteed? :woo:

18. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

I found this last season to be the weakest so it wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't get another. :(