Probably fake plot points I just got by e-mail from an "Insider".

Doom steals the Surfer's powers, then sees Galactus and joins with the FF to stop him?! Yeah RIGHT! Doom would see Galactus as a conquest...a challenge...he would use his power, and try to find more, so he could defeat Galactus...well, at least comic book Doom would.

I think Doom in this case was not like Magneto was for the X-Men films where they had to bring him back for the other movies, he was so part of the greatness of what those first two movies were. Mainly because the first FF movie was less than memorable, especially Doom. I would rather Doom vanish for some time than be in this film. And when he returns down the line, it's revealed that it's a Doombot doppleganger(like in the comics) that fought the FF in the first flick. So instead of being just a businessman and typcial Magneto-like rip-off with super-powers, the real Doom would have been this crazy guy hidding in a secret lair somewhere in Latveria. While all the things related to Doom in the first flick like the skin shedding, revealing silver and the character transmeting electrical energy could be attributed to a super-robot. Doom in his castle has so much unreal super-weapons that a jacked up Doombot would not be surprising. How about all those similar boxes that were on the ship that transported "Doom" back to Latveria? There were hundreds of them. I presume those could be all Doombots that were used at one time or another in America. I think their could be clues leading to that before Doom's return. Like realising that people with the same characteristics and looks of Julian McMahon would have been spotted at various times at various places. They could push this back further by saying that the man that went to school with Reed Richards may not have been Victor Von Doom because there would be evidences of the same being having been in the 1930s. That way they could recreat Doom as this mythic sinister character that influenced a lot of people and had his hands in a lot of what happened in the last centhury. Making him more formidable. Paving the way for another actor playing the "real" Doom. Somebody definitly more intimidating.

:huh: what a cop-out. You messed something up, stick with it. Otherwise it looks ridiculous. like Xavier's death in X3. :cmad:

^ Agreed.
I don't want them to make the Doom of FF1 a Doombot. The audience would have a hard time with that.
They fought a crappy Doc Doom. Just fix 'im.

If it was comic book Doom I would be able to believe that he could have made a perfect cyborg copy of himself in that short a time...but not movie Doom.

:huh: what a cop-out. You messed something up, stick with it. Otherwise it looks ridiculous. like Xavier's death in X3. :cmad:

But the thing is, what would come next would be insanely more awesome. Xavier's death was pointless. But my plan would be to reintroduce Doom as the best villain that's ever been created on screen. Screw Darth Vader, Screw Blofeld. Dr. Doom should be greater than ever.

Not the cheap b-movie moron that we saw in the FF movie.

Doombots exist in the comics. Heck there was an entire storyline when all the super-villains wanted to take over the World and the entire time, Doom was not there, it was one of his robot doppleganger. And it was the greatest thing ever.

Movie Doom doesn't need any machine to leech the Surfer's powers, he can suck' em right from the source.

Movie Doom doesn't need any machine to leech the Surfer's powers, he can suck' em right from the source.

True. As long as Doom retains some of that power, he'll be able to turn on the Surfer at any moment and start sucking.

Um, make that "siphoning."

True. As long as Doom retains some of that power, he'll be able to turn on the Surfer at any moment and start sucking.

Um, make that "siphoning."

Well they could do that...or after he is "revived," he has lost all of that power and his minions put him into the armor that allows him to have various gadgets siphon out the Surfer's power....

Take 'em all with a grain of salt. I am doing that.

- The Surfer is somehow "summoned" by Doctor Doom, as in, in his quest to get his hands on more Power Cosmic, he accidentally makes The Surfer aware of Earth's existence.

- Doom steals the Power Cosmic from the Surfer and plans to use it to destroy the FF, but then Galactus appears and Doom switches sides, helping their enemies to defeat the Devourer.

Thanks for sharing this. Even if its probably fake i think its a cool scenario.

The second bit sounds very similar to something that happened in X2 and apparently will happen in
Spider-Man 3

When sworn enemies are forced to join forces it usually creates good drama.

Remember when Doom allied with the Iron Man? Classic moment.

I'm not going to go straight and doubt it, as the plot for the first was inanely different from the material to begin with, but what's up with [blackout]Doom wanting more of the Power Cosmic[/blackout]? Is it saying his powers in the first were from the [blackout]Power Cosmic[/blackout], or that in some point early on he comes across a source or container of the energy?

I'm not going to go straight and doubt it, as the plot for the first was inanely different from the material to begin with, but what's up with [blackout]Doom wanting more of the Power Cosmic[/blackout]? Is it saying his powers in the first were from the [blackout]Power Cosmic[/blackout], or that in some point early on he comes across a source or container of the energy?

His powers in the first movie were gained from from mere exposure to cosmic rays. The Power Cosmic is on a whoooole other level.

yup the two are not the same, close but not the same.

didnt they say that doom was gonna be at FULL DOOM in 2

I suppose (if one guesses at the context of the film) Doom would have three forms- the liquified version that needs to be reanimated, the restored Doom and the version of him that is charged to the brim with the Power Cosmic. It's a guess, but the best I can make at the moment.

Well... here's my theory, in case those plot points are true:
Doom first gained his lame Electro powers when he was exposed to cosmic rays... so, if he wants MORE power, or if he loses his power and wants enough power to defeat RICHARDDDDSSS!!!, it makes sense that he could, somehow, locate some source of cosmic power (what would he have a space station for in first place?) and try to leech it with some of them Kirby-like machines, thus attracting the Surfer, and later Galactus, to Earth.

Take 'em all with a grain of salt. I am doing that.

- The Surfer is somehow "summoned" by Doctor Doom, as in, in his quest to get his hands on more Power Cosmic, he accidentally makes The Surfer aware of Earth's existence.

- Doom steals the Power Cosmic from the Surfer and plans to use it to destroy the FF, but then Galactus appears and Doom switches sides, helping their enemies to defeat the Devourer.

Surfer being summoned by Doom would be good if hes not coming to say Galactus is near and hungry. But the second sounds a bit out there.

I'm not sure if my informant really means "summons" as in, "I summon thee o Lord Beelzebub". It's more like if the Surfer's attention is attracted by something Doom is doing on Earth, like meddling with too much power or sending one of them intergalactic probes to, uh, probe Galactus.

Doom teaming with foes, it happened before in the comics. He even called the FF to help him dethrone the guy who dethroned him.

Remember when Doom allied with the Iron Man? Classic moment.

I haven't read that issue sorry.:o
Tim Story reportedly said in WIZARD that Doom has "three looks" in FF2, whatever that means.

Interesting, he also said that in Empire.Hmm..
I suppose (if one guesses at the context of the film) Doom would have three forms- the liquified version that needs to be reanimated, the restored Doom and the version of him that is charged to the brim with the Power Cosmic. It's a guess, but the best I can make at the moment.
:doom: :up:
You could be right.

Doom teaming with foes, it happened before in the comics. He even called the FF to help him dethrone the guy who dethroned him.
FF #116 was probably the first and best-known time he helped 'em out:
FF116.jpg

As you can see from the story title, it took a threat of world-shaking significance to bring it about. A powerful alien villain called the Overmind had taken over Reed's mind and turned him against the rest of the FF. How powerful? Well, they were still all defeated.
A cosmic entity called The Stranger had to show up to save the day by banishing Overmind to the microverse.

The only thing Doom with the Surfer's power should stil be no challenge for Galactus....

And another point how do they fit the following in one movie:

1. Appearance and origin of SS
2. Doom awaking and stealing SS's powers
3. SS recovering his powers
4. Intro of Galactus
5. defeat of Galactus

Seems allot to cover in one movie

The only thing Doom with the Surfer's power should stil be no challenge for Galactus....

And another point how do they fit the following in one movie:

1. Appearance and origin of SS
2. Doom awaking and stealing SS's powers
3. SS recovering his powers
4. Intro of Galactus
5. defeat of Galactus

Seems allot to cover in one movie

Maybe they'll change a lot of things, just like they did on the first one. And we're not even sure if the Surfer will have an origin. The original SS was just there; his origin came way later, during his solo series.

The second part makes sense and I'd imagine that is 100% for sure gonna happen. The first part doesn't bother me at all either as far as how The Surfer comes across our planet. It's better than just randomly finding it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"