Production is kinda late in the game?

• Thread starter jaienviedechier
  • Start date
J

jaienviedechier

The Iron Man movie has already finished principal photography and they even introduced the comic-con footage at San Diego which looked great. As for the Incredible Hulk, they have only recently started principal photography which means that either they're going to rush the whole production or the movie is only 80 minutes long, and the only thing they had to show for at comic-con is a picture of Hulk with more hair.

yeah, they are kinda late.

Depends how far they are in the CGi stuff.

The Incredible Hulk's open +/- one month after Iron Man..
And IM shooting ended up last month... with a lot of practical effects.
Maybe this required longer and TIH will do fine (Finger crossed)

Anyway, nice name iwantopoop :woot:

And what's strange is, when Kevin Feige showed the pic of the Hulk at CC he mentioned that the look would be pretty much close to that. This implies though that they haven't even decided on the exact final look for the character.

Regarding this topic: Duh.

The fact that TIH is sandwiched between IM and TDK bothers me more. The one in the middle always gets screwed. It'll be next year's Rise of the Silver Surfer. Would rather see it pushed back to Halloween and compete with horror flicks, since that's what the Hulk is anyway.

Regarding this topic: Duh.

The fact that TIH is sandwiched between IM and TDK bothers me more. The one in the middle always gets screwed. It'll be next year's Rise of the Silver Surfer. Would rather see it pushed back to Halloween and compete with horror flicks, since that's what the Hulk is anyway.
You said the Hulk is a horror flick? Uh, no. And being "sandwiched" in between two movies doesnt mean a thing anymore. The film will either be good or bad period and I don't mean the latter. Something always seems to "bother" someone (not just you) about this production and I know you guys are just over anxious to see it already. That being said, the movie is on track and on schedule as slated. Trust me.

You said the Hulk is a horror flick? Uh, no. And being "sandwiched" in between two movies doesnt mean a thing anymore. The film will either be good or bad period and I don't mean the latter. Something always seems to "bother" someone (not just you) about this production and I know you guys are just over anxious to see it already. That being said, the movie is on track and on schedule as slated. Trust me.

Well, I'll think what I want and you can think what you want. Frankenstein, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, The Hunchback of Notre Dame... these references of which the Hulk is so often associated with speak for themselves. I just think TIH could absolutely CRUSH the competition if it were targeted for a fall/Halloween release, whereas it's surely going to be overshadowed by IM, TDK and any other movies hoping to be summer blockbusters in '08 (M. Night?) under the present schedule.

As for being bothered... Are you not following the press of these other movies? What do you think about the fact that 68.8% of SHH! poll voters are most anticipating The Dark Knight among summer 2008 movies? That Iron Man even, second to TDK in the poll, is ahead of the Hulk by 15.1%? There's nothing in my mind that even begins to explain this. Has the Hulk really suffered THAT severe of personal damages following the first movie that us Hulk fans now consist of a small minority of all the comic book fans out there?

Truly, I'm glad you reassure us from time to time. You, of all people, should be the one reassuring us. And all in all, I think you're right... the movie will either rock or it'll fizzle. But as a realist, I can't help but have a few questions here and there. And I reason I'm entitled to at least try to make it better along the way, in case "anyone" is listening. But to sit here and quietly allow them to make the movie isn't fun for anyone... you know that.

Well, I'll think what I want and you can think what you want. Frankenstein, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, The Hunchback of Notre Dame... these references of which the Hulk is so often associated with speak for themselves. I just think TIH could absolutely CRUSH the competition if it were targeted for a fall/Halloween release, whereas it's surely going to be overshadowed by IM, TDK and any other movies hoping to be summer blockbusters in '08 (M. Night?) under the present schedule.

As for being bothered... Are you not following the press of these other movies? What do you think about the fact that 68.8% of SHH! poll voters are most anticipating The Dark Knight among summer 2008 movies? That Iron Man even, second to TDK in the poll, is ahead of the Hulk by 15.1%? There's nothing in my mind that even begins to explain this. Has the Hulk really suffered THAT severe of personal damages following the first movie that us Hulk fans now consist of a small minority of all the comic book fans out there?

Truly, I'm glad you reassure us from time to time. You, of all people, should be the one reassuring us. And all in all, I think you're right... the movie will either rock or it'll fizzle. But as a realist, I can't help but have a few questions here and there. And I reason I'm entitled to at least try to make it better along the way, in case "anyone" is listening. But to sit here and quietly allow them to make the movie isn't fun for anyone... you know that.

We are on the same boat, but as far as the polls go, you seem to be well versed and knowledgeable, so I will let it slide when you answer your own questions with your writing, lol. Its almost as if we are ignoring the obvious. The anticipation of BB is based on its success as a reinvention of the franchise and at the box office. People loved the movie overall and we as movie goers want more. IM IS NEW! So yes people are excited with NEW. If it tanks, aw well. Ugh Lee as I refer to him screwed up his chance with the Hulk and left a bad taste in the mouthes of the movie going public, so yeah it should be third or whatever in a poll. I happen to know, um... I mean feel this movie is going to rock. I have seen the cgi (although a rough draft) and it in that state is better than 2003.
Shrek is dead.

Dont see how i mean they have till like june and then they could always adjst the schedule.

We are on the same boat, but as far as the polls go, you seem to be well versed and knowledgeable, so I will let it slide when you answer your own questions with your writing, lol. Its almost as if we are ignoring the obvious. The anticipation of BB is based on its success as a reinvention of the franchise and at the box office. People loved the movie overall and we as movie goers want more. IM IS NEW! So yes people are excited with NEW. If it tanks, aw well. Ugh Lee as I refer to him screwed up his chance with the Hulk and left a bad taste in the mouthes of the movie going public, so yeah it should be third or whatever in a poll. I happen to know, um... I mean feel this movie is going to rock. I have seen the cgi (although a rough draft) and it in that state is better than 2003. Shrek is dead.

The poll I referenced is on the front page of SHH!... nothing scientific. For all we know, people could be clearing their cookies so that they can vote multiple times for TDK. But Hulk's ridiculously low 6.7 percent of votes (last I checked) is a bit eye-opening. It's closer to Speed Racer than IM in terms of popularity. My only guess is Ang's film really inflicted a serious wound in the hearts of Hulk fans, because surely he's more popular than 6.7%.

Anyway, I'm glad you're positive about TIH. Your kind of optimism is one of the few things that keeps me hopeful. And I can totally understand people latching onto IM because of the "new" factor, as you say. Favreau's got nothin' to lose. It's going to be the IM sequels where he feels the pressure, I think.

NO!!!!
I cant beleive this movie is coming out in June...this news has crushed my soul :csad:
Its right between Iron man and Batman. Thats not good for the Hulk. Did the studios learn anything from FF2...if the first wasn't received well why put it amist all the competition :huh:

I really hope something happens and this movie is moved to November/December...*crosses fingers* or at least in August :o

Dude, we've known the release date since last year sometime. Are you seriously just now realizing it's June 2008?

Anyway, yeah... it stinks IMO. You ask if the studios learned anything from FF2. That's one question. Another is, did the studios learn anything from the June release of the first Hulk? I really don't understand the reasoning behind placing... no, make that KEEPING... TIH's release tucked neatly between IM and TDK. If they push it back to the fall, they've got nothing to lose. But the polls already show that fans - comic book fans themselves, mind you - are WAY more excited about IM and TDK than TIH. Unless Marvel has some incredibly ingenius marketing strategy they're about to launch, I think TIH is already in its initial descent. And I'm talking about a nosedive, not a safe landing.

I think TIH is already in its initial descent. And I'm talking about a nosedive, not a safe landing.

It was in a nose dive ever since Ang, when people hear a new Hulk is coming out they all just look at me like "No way am I seeing that trash!"

I think if it does well, it won't be because of it's opening box office, but word of mouth.

A little late, but not TOO late. They'll have to work a bit harder than they otherwise would to get it out on time, but it should still be fine.

It was in a nose dive ever since Ang, when people hear a new Hulk is coming out they all just look at me like "No way am I seeing that trash!"

^Even more telling of the near-insurmountable odds the movie seems to be up against...

I think if it does well, it won't be because of it's opening box office, but word of mouth.

...and why the production has to be near-flawless, from start to finish, just to regain an audience.

I just think the release date is one easily solvable (and major) area for improvement. I mean, you have two giant comic book films coming out before and after TIH; why not push it back a few months? Are they only hoping for average returns on investment? It would take the stress off of everyone, allow for more promotion/more hype, and ultimately yield a better box office performance. Why does it seem so clear to me that the movie only stands to benefit?? Otherwise, yeah... they're going to be clinging like the dickens to word-of-mouth just to get people to theaters.

A little late, but not TOO late. They'll have to work a bit harder than they otherwise would to get it out on time, but it should still be fine.

Why force the issue? Why make things more complicated than they already are? Seems it's easily avoidable.

Those release dates will probably all be changed. I can not see them overloading the box office with superhero movies(especially from marvels end)

The June 13 date is solid though looking at how well Bourne did...I see no reason Hulk couldn't open up in August. Depends on schedule but it'd probably have more breathing room and make more money in the end if that's the case.

Do you guys really know what "sandwiching" means? A movie is sandwiched when it has two other big movies coming out 1, 2 weeks next to it. The Hulk will come out over a MONTH after Iron Man and a MONTH before The Dark Knight. That's more than enough time for Hulk to have its own window of opportunity.

And - really - that's more time than most blockbusters movies get anymore; Pirates 3 came out two weeks after SM3, Harry Potter came out two weeks after Transformers...and all four films made plenty. The reason FF2 (probably) did mediocre is because, despite its solid box office, people really didn't dig the first one all that much, and they really weren't into the second one either. Thusly, the bad word of mouth spread, and it only did averagely.

If movies that come out a month before/after a movie are considered strong competition that should be feared, when can any movie be released? Should they release the next Superman movie in January because there won't be any competition then? No. Movies are released in the summer for a reason; because they make the most money then. And the Hulk needs to make the most money it can. And, truly, MOST movies only last a month or so near the top of the box office. By the time Hulk comes out, Iron Man will be fading, and by the time TDK comes out, Hulk will have finished making its profit.

Dude, we've known the release date since last year sometime. Are you seriously just now realizing it's June 2008?

Anyway, yeah... it stinks IMO. You ask if the studios learned anything from FF2. That's one question. Another is, did the studios learn anything from the June release of the first Hulk? I really don't understand the reasoning behind placing... no, make that KEEPING... TIH's release tucked neatly between IM and TDK. If they push it back to the fall, they've got nothing to lose. But the polls already show that fans - comic book fans themselves, mind you - are WAY more excited about IM and TDK than TIH. Unless Marvel has some incredibly ingenius marketing strategy they're about to launch, I think TIH is already in its initial descent. And I'm talking about a nosedive, not a safe landing.
I knew it was coming in the summer but I wasn't sure when. It sucks that the people would do this. If I was in charge Id put the Hulk in November/December..a June release isnt a smart idea imo

Do you guys really know what "sandwiching" means? A movie is sandwiched when it has two other big movies coming out 1, 2 weeks next to it. The Hulk will come out over a MONTH after Iron Man and a MONTH before The Dark Knight. That's more than enough time for Hulk to have its own window of opportunity.

And - really - that's more time than most blockbusters movies get anymore; Pirates 3 came out two weeks after SM3, Harry Potter came out two weeks after Transformers...and all four films made plenty. The reason FF2 (probably) did mediocre is because, despite its solid box office, people really didn't dig the first one all that much, and they really weren't into the second one either. Thusly, the bad word of mouth spread, and it only did averagely.

If movies that come out a month before/after a movie are considered strong competition that should be feared, when can any movie be released? Should they release the next Superman movie in January because there won't be any competition then? No. Movies are released in the summer for a reason; because they make the most money then. And the Hulk needs to make the most money it can. And, truly, MOST movies only last a month or so near the top of the box office. By the time Hulk comes out, Iron Man will be fading, and by the time TDK comes out, Hulk will have finished making its profit.
I understand what you're saying but do honestly think June is best for this movie?
I mean, the first one was not liked by most so I think a movie like this would need to be by itself...it would have to be the only "cool" film out. Think of POTC 2, it was the only cool blockbuster out back then and everyone went to see it. Also worldwide this date doesn't seem good for the Hulk. I know summer is usually the best season but they have been pretty crowded...winter to me is equally as good as summer (the season has had huge films ala Titanic, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings) so yeah...plus Night at the Museum pulled in 500+ million dollars worldwide... :wow: ...and it was a terrible film.
But if studios aren't willing to put Hulk in winter (which I understand...its more of a summer film to me)...they should stick in August.

"Sandwiching" was my word, so I'll take ownership over it. What you say makes sense, but I think you fail to consider other movies also will be released at or near June 13, TIH's release date. IM and TDK are merely two comic book movies we happen to know about that are, yes, sandwiching TIH. Once other non-superhero movies gain in popularity, you'll begin to see that "month" dwindle to 1-2 weeks before, finally, TIH is just a blip on the Summer 2008 map. But just because you fail to do your research about these other movies - conveniently allowing for a month's cushion so that your definition of "sandwiching" is upheld - doesn't mean these movies will not be released. Sandwiching need not imply "squeezing" anyway. I personally would just rather see TIH out of the middle of the three major comic book adaptations being released next year. Get it isolated in the fall, when it can destroy other wannabe-horror flicks. And yes, I consider the Hulk closer to a horror flick than most other genres.

Outside of that, my argument is like this: I'd rather be safe than sorry. Yes, there's a month's cushion presently surrounding TIH and yes, if everyone hired to make TIH hustles, they can "pull it off." But why make things unnecessarily difficult on yourself? As mentioned in other posts on this thread, the Hulk's reputation already was damaged enough in 2003. This is your chance to redeem the whole franchise. Why are you going to chance it with a release date that, all things considered, doesn't make sense?

And - really - that's more time than most blockbusters movies get anymore; Pirates 3 came out two weeks after SM3, Harry Potter came out two weeks after Transformers...and all four films made plenty. ... If movies that come out a month before/after a movie are considered strong competition that should be feared, when can any movie be released? Should they release the next Superman movie in January because there won't be any competition then? No. Movies are released in the summer for a reason; because they make the most money then. And the Hulk needs to make the most money it can. And, truly, MOST movies only last a month or so near the top of the box office. By the time Hulk comes out, Iron Man will be fading, and by the time TDK comes out, Hulk will have finished making its profit.

If money is the bottom line, then you're right. But I'm saying money isn't the bottom line. Quality is. Restoring the franchise is. Getting the story right is. The money will come if these ingredients are in place, but for you, it seems summer release = guaranteed success.

And don't be so silly... no movie should be moved to January, as if it could monopolize the whole filming industry. What I'm saying is TIH should be pushed back so that it can be in a more advantageous position. Leaving the Hulk and his injured reputation squarely between two other major comic book films that are already hugely popular among fans doesn't help.

Think of POTC 2, it was the only cool blockbuster out back then and everyone went to see it. ...winter to me is equally as good as summer (the season has had huge films ala Titanic, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings) so yeah...plus Night at the Museum pulled in 500+ million dollars worldwide... :wow: ...and it was a terrible film.

Good examples of movies that didn't HAVE to be released in the summer to have huge success. I dunno... maybe Marvel is afraid of having an August release. Thinking about it more, it seems they're intentionally rolling TIH into the schedule with IM and TDK, hoping to catch some of these movies' backdraft... hoping their "buzz" will rub off onto the Hulk. That's what it really seems like right now.

The poll I referenced is on the front page of SHH!... nothing scientific. For all we know, people could be clearing their cookies so that they can vote multiple times for TDK. But Hulk's ridiculously low 6.7 percent of votes (last I checked) is a bit eye-opening. It's closer to Speed Racer than IM in terms of popularity. My only guess is Ang's film really inflicted a serious wound in the hearts of Hulk fans, because surely he's more popular than 6.7%.

Anyway, I'm glad you're positive about TIH. Your kind of optimism is one of the few things that keeps me hopeful. And I can totally understand people latching onto IM because of the "new" factor, as you say. Favreau's got nothin' to lose. It's going to be the IM sequels where he feels the pressure, I think.
You sound like me when I answered your post Bannerless, lol. You reiterated my point which means we're on the same page. Look I know alot of people share opinionated posts here, but the majority of them are rumors, opinions or just plain made up. If you track my posts you will see I drop some eater eggs (first one being about the Leader) where I stated if everyone was patient, set pics would be available soon and Voila! There are a few now circulating. The movie will do fine, really it will. Based on what I've seen already we are in for a "Hulk-of-a" treat. So buckle in and get ready to enjoy an "Incredible" ride next summer.

"Sandwiching" was my word, so I'll take ownership over it. What you say makes sense, but I think you fail to consider other movies also will be released at or near June 13, TIH's release date. IM and TDK are merely two comic book movies we happen to know about that are, yes, sandwiching TIH. Once other non-superhero movies gain in popularity, you'll begin to see that "month" dwindle to 1-2 weeks before, finally, TIH is just a blip on the Summer 2008 map. But just because you fail to do your research about these other movies - conveniently allowing for a month's cushion so that your definition of "sandwiching" is upheld - doesn't mean these movies will not be released. Sandwiching need not imply "squeezing" anyway. I personally would just rather see TIH out of the middle of the three major comic book adaptations being released next year. Get it isolated in the fall, when it can destroy other wannabe-horror flicks. And yes, I consider the Hulk closer to a horror flick than most other genres.
Well duh, all movies release with other movies. But, usually, those movies don't pose a challenge in the least. Maybe they'll be some good-sized movie coming out 2 or so weeks after TIH, but no studio is going to release a real juggernaut the same day as TIH. That's just equals bad business for both films.
Outside of that, my argument is like this: I'd rather be safe than sorry. Yes, there's a month's cushion presently surrounding TIH and yes, if everyone hired to make TIH hustles, they can "pull it off." But why make things unnecessarily difficult on yourself? As mentioned in other posts on this thread, the Hulk's reputation already was damaged enough in 2003. This is your chance to redeem the whole franchise. Why are you going to chance it with a release date that, all things considered, doesn't make sense?
If anything doesn't make sense, it's your argument.

You're confusing competition with profit. Just because you have no competition or you're more likely to "crush" the competition, still doesn't mean your movies going to make a huge amount of money.

I mean, the highest grossing movie ever to be released in the Fall is Meet the Parents. It made $166 million. That's only 30 million more than the first Hulk movie made. That's only 10 million more than the "disappointing" box office of FF2. If TIH makes only $160, it really won't be viewed as a successful. And you really are not going to be able to make 200, 300 million in the fall. It just doesn't happen.

That said, in the summer, even if TIH does get overshadowed by TDK and Iron Man, it could STILL make 200+ million. In the summer, you have multiple blockbusters making 200, 250, 300 million dollars each. That's why Marvel is releasing it in the summer; because that's when it has the best chance to make the most money. THAT'S why they're doing it. If you can't understand that - if you can't understand why Marvel would want TIH to be in an environment where movies made 250 million each rather than 150 million each, you're just lost.

And yes, quality is more important than money. And yes, money has nothing to do with quality. But neither does a release date.

If money is the bottom line, then you're right. But I'm saying money isn't the bottom line. Quality is. Restoring the franchise is. Getting the story right is. The money will come if these ingredients are in place, but for you, it seems summer release = guaranteed success.

And don't be so silly... no movie should be moved to January, as if it could monopolize the whole filming industry. What I'm saying is TIH should be pushed back so that it can be in a more advantageous position. Leaving the Hulk and his injured reputation squarely between two other major comic book films that are already hugely popular among fans doesn't help.
It's not that I think money is the bottom line, it's that I really don't get what on earth the release date has to do with quality (except for, obviously, rushing the production).

Personally, to me, it seems as though you're confusing issues and creating needless worry and negativism to the film based on a misunderstanding of facts and poor use of logic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"