Production is kinda late in the game?

• Thread starter jaienviedechier
  • Start date
Good examples of movies that didn't HAVE to be released in the summer to have huge success. I dunno... maybe Marvel is afraid of having an August release. Thinking about it more, it seems they're intentionally rolling TIH into the schedule with IM and TDK, hoping to catch some of these movies' backdraft... hoping their "buzz" will rub off onto the Hulk. That's what it really seems like right now.
You guys have been going back and forth with the release date for a minute and quite frankly, its a done deal. June 2007 is the release. Now to support a point here I will simply say if you dont understand business, why post? TIH will be riding the coat tails of Marvels IM. Now, if its pushed to august, some kids are back in school! They want the kids to watch this movie. Now I know you'll say they can go after school and such, but the bottom line is IM is the movie that will benefit from its release date in May. It will make around 200 mil. The Hulk around 220 mil TDK 240 mil all domestic totals. everyone wins. and there will be sequels to boot. Stop quarreling about the date, its a moot point. And BTW, sandwiching has been around long before you were in diapers dude, lol.

You guys have been going back and forth with the release date for a minute and quite frankly, its a done deal. June 2007 is the release. Now to support a point here I will simply say if you dont understand business, why post? TIH will be riding the coat tails of Marvels IM. Now, if its pushed to august, some kids are back in school! They want the kids to watch this movie. Now I know you'll say they can go after school and such, but the bottom line is IM is the movie that will benefit from its release date in May. It will make around 200 mil. The Hulk around 220 mil TDK 240 mil all domestic totals. everyone wins. and there will be sequels to boot. Stop quarreling about the date, its a moot point. And BTW, sandwiching has been around long before you were in diapers dude, lol.

Unless you're working for Marvel Studios or Universal...you don't know this 100% for sure. Things could change if it makes more sense to Marvel. If they do make a change it'd happen sooner than later.

The thing is that since this is Marvel's only second production (on their own anyway), I would of thought they would play it more safe.

Like what someone mentioned before, Iron Man seems to rely on practicable effects when they use 'em. Here, I know for sure that Hulk and his buds are a CGI animator's worst nightmare (besides maybe Leader).

At least i know it's not Fox, where they rush the living daylights out of the production and the final result lacks polish (like both Fantastic Four movies)

It's not that I think money is the bottom line, it's that I really don't get what on earth the release date has to do with quality (except for, obviously, rushing the production). Personally, to me, it seems as though you're confusing issues and creating needless worry and negativism to the film based on a misunderstanding of facts and poor use of logic.

My point precisely. Buy hey, you eventually got it, so my logic must not be so bad after all...

You sound like me when I answered your post Bannerless, lol. You reiterated my point which means we're on the same page.

We are. It's just my birthright to put up resistance. lol

Look I know alot of people share opinionated posts here, but the majority of them are rumors, opinions or just plain made up. If you track my posts you will see I drop some eater eggs (first one being about the Leader) where I stated if everyone was patient, set pics would be available soon and Voila! There are a few now circulating. The movie will do fine, really it will. Based on what I've seen already we are in for a "Hulk-of-a" treat. So buckle in and get ready to enjoy an "Incredible" ride next summer.

Well, you keep beating that drum, so to speak. I'm going to continue to be skeptical. And I am tracking your posts for easter eggs, but come on, you said there would be set pics and, presto, there were set pics. ?? Forgive me, but where's the divine revelation in that? Of course set pics were coming. The Leader... I think I vaguely remember you hinting about him. His eventual casting was a better demonstration of your prophetic ability.

You guys have been going back and forth with the release date for a minute and quite frankly, its a done deal. June 2007 is the release.

"Ah, more repressed memories. Son, you're in even more screwed up mess than I thought you'd be." ~General Ross

A little comic relief.

It will make around 200 mil. The Hulk around 220 mil TDK 240 mil all domestic totals. everyone wins. and there will be sequels to boot. Stop quarreling about the date, its a moot point. And BTW, sandwiching has been around long before you were in diapers dude, lol.

I just don't think it's about the money. And how do you figure 200, 220 and 240? Right now, I'm seriously thinking IM is going to outgross TIH.

Sandwiching... didn't say I invented the word, just that I introduced it here.

Unless you're working for Marvel Studios or Universal...you don't know this 100% for sure. Things could change if it makes more sense to Marvel. If they do make a change it'd happen sooner than later.
Universal. Now you can stop speculating.

Universal. Now you can stop speculating.

Then state that from the beginning otherwise people will speculate. This entire site is all about speculation so if you stated that for everyone (including those that don't know you) that YOU work for Universal and they've made it crystal clear June 13th is etched in stone and they're not changing the date. Perhaps you stated this before but I don't know the personal lives of everyone on these message boards and read every post here. If that's true I'm happy w/the date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"