Proof(D12) was shot Dead this morning...

LexCorp said:
It maybe so but it is a flawed genre.

I can say the same about any genre. Is what Kweli and the Roots doing flawed? Hip Hop might be in a mess because of what selected artists are in mainstream rotation (half of whom arent even that bad and the music is enjoyable) but that doesnt down the whole scene. lol@ "flawed@ you could say that about any genre.

ah man that sucks ass :( D12 are bloody amazing, and proof was brilliant :(.Really sad and way before his time :(

Super_Ludacris said:
I can say the same about any genre. Is what Kweli and the Roots doing flawed? Hip Hop might be in a mess because of what selected artists are in mainstream rotation (half of whom arent even that bad and the music is enjoyable) but that doesnt down the whole scene. lol@ "flawed@ you could say that about any genre.

Yeah you can say "flawed" at pretty much anything. I just think this genre is more flawed than others. Too many of their artists bring such a bad stigma to it.

How so? What bad stigma has Jay-Z brought? He got himself out of a situation of selling drugs, financed his own company with his friends when he couldnt get a deal, talked about negative stuff from such a fair and maturely retrospective viewpoint and is now the President of a major record label, got his peoples out the hood, is making peace moves with the Hip Hop community, got a high selling shoe deal..etc etc

What about Nas, Kanye, Common, Roots, etc. All these dudes who brought themselves out of a bad situation and looked at art to escape from what these communites can get a kid into. and others followed them, what's bad about that?

Super_Ludacris said:
You all act like Proof was some hardcore Gangsta rapper who advocated violence. Do you even know who Proof was? Dude was in a group that was practically the South Park of Hip Hop (D-12) in there lyrics they always highlighted the irony of violence and shock rap. And again dude was caught in the crossfire of a shooting in the club. That means anyone else at that club would have died. It could have been a student, an athlete, a doctor, a lawyer , a 9-5 dude just going to the club chilling. Would he have "Lived by the sword, died by the sword" then he would right? Oh no wait I get it cause of a certain skin colour? Please. And since when is it on a rapper for the violence that goes on in the streets? There just reporting about what's going on, and perspetive. Should Scorsece be whacked by the mob? Should DePalma be shot up by the cubans? Hell no. If you guys actually listen to the lyrics on the albums you would see there showing both postive and negative aspects of there neighbourhood because that's what their. And just like everyone there aware of the consequences and yes they do speak on it. I would have thought Hip Hop was so big as a music artform and a culture for people to see this and drop that narrow minded decade old argument.

I hear ya, man. I didn't catch them being the "South Park of Hip-Hop," that's a pretty good description of them.

And while yes, there are flaws in the genre--there are WAY too many rappers doing the same damn thing, talking about b***hes and ho's and how much money and cars they have, damn near turning the genre that is practically poetry with beats into massive pissing contests--there are still good rappers out there, and we should praise them while they're alive, and mourn them when they're dead.

Super_Ludacris said:
How so? What bad stigma has Jay-Z brought? He got himself out of a situation of selling drugs, financed his own company with his friends when he couldnt get a deal, talked about negative stuff from such a fair and maturely retrospective viewpoint and is now the President of a major record label, got his peoples out the hood, is making peace moves with the Hip Hop community, got a high selling shoe deal..etc etc

What about Nas, Kanye, Common, Roots, etc. All these dudes who brought themselves out of a bad situation and looked at art to escape from what these communites can get a kid into. and others followed them, what's bad about that?

That is cool and uplifting bud but a few rotten ones get through. 50 Cent is hardly mature or smart or savy. Hey I'm not against rap but it's not perfect.

But I dont look at 50 as the poster boy of Hip Hop, especially when Hip Hop aint co-signing him. I dont look at Limp Bizkit when there big a fews years back as the represntation fo all rock music, even though saleswise they WERE one of the biggest bands in world

Super_Ludacris said:
But I dont look at 50 as the poster boy of Hip Hop, especially when Hip Hop aint co-signing him. I dont look at Limp Bizkit when there big a fews years back as the represntation fo all rock music, even though saleswise they WERE one of the biggest bands in world

Cool stuff you have done your research. Still the flaws are there and people look at flaws over the good anyday.

Those people are idiots because if your look in the real world, when people check out a form of music they just checking out the form of music and the song/album/artist.

Super_Ludacris said:
Those people are idiots because if your look in the real world, when people check out a form of music they just checking out the form of music and the song/album/artist.

Yeah man, I mean I own a bit of rap also for just the music but you still have wannabes with dumb ideas about "rap" and ghetto attitudes that bring it down and bang we get this "Re: Proof(D12) was shot Dead this morning..." thread.

Thats a tad bit of crap news. I didn't mind D12 at all. The guy didn't deserve to die.

RIP Proof

Overlord said:
Oh so you KNOW that this is what his life was like? Or are you just making baseless asumption based on his musical career? My guess is the latter.

Nobody is showing any facts contrary.

Overlord said:
You do not know anything about Proof or his music. You are just being a bigot. Grow the **** up. You are standing in the way of progress.

Rap is not progress, it is the final devolution of music that record companies really like because they don't have to pay people of any musical talent.

War Lord said:
Rap is not progress, it is the final devolution of music that record companies really like because they don't have to pay people of any musical talent.

That is a very broad claim but I agree .... partly. Rap is not any form of future.....

As a side note, I wish a lot of these people from the hood would stay away from their old neighborhoods when they make it big and are able to move away from those surroundings. All it takes is some jealous fool with nothing to lose to kill someone famous. Forget about people calling them a "sellout or telling them they forgot where they come from. Not living in the area doesnt make them a sellout it just means they escaped the setting they always wanted get away from, no shame in that.

LexCorp said:
That is a very broad claim but I agree .... partly. Rap is not any form of future.....

Meanwhile Outkast, Kanye are considered some of the most creative and artistic artists in all of music

shhhh..... Dont be mad because people like Paul McCartney and Chris Martin think people like Jay-Z are talented :)

War Lord said:

If it doesn't take talent why aren't you doing it? I hate when people use that no talent excuse, because they are always the ones sitting on their asses.

Blade_fan1911 said:
If it doesn't take talent why aren't you doing it? I hate when people use that no talent excuse, because they are always the ones sitting on their asses.

I'm not doing because I wish to do things are challenging.

That and being black is almost a prerequisite to doing rap.

He's backwards mentality when people like McCartney big up Hip Hop and groups like the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Rage Against the Machine used Hip Hop funk in their music and Bjork was having the RZA as her executive producer and Jamaraquoi in the 90's used Hip Hop beats. What about the Gorillaz, they are produced by Hip Hop producers and have Hip Hop beats on there album are considered the most internationally creative and talented music acts in years, these guys arguments is null.

War Lord said:
I'm not doing because I wish to do things are challenging.

That and being black is almost a prerequisite to doing rap.

Things that are challenging, but you just said it takes no talent. Good job making yourself look like a dumbass.

Blade_fan1911 said:
Things that are challenging, but you just said it takes no talent. Good job making yourself look like a dumbass.

It takes no talent to do rap, which is why it's not challenging, which is why I don't do it.

Are you following me?

Super_Ludacris said:
Meanwhile Outkast, Kanye are considered some of the most creative and artistic artists in all of music

shhhh..... Dont be mad because people like Paul McCartney and Chris Martin think people like Jay-Z are talented :)

I think OutKast is a lot less talented than they used to be.

And if you ask me there are plenty of rappers/producers far more talented than Kanye.

He's a shock poster. He fails to realise the culture and music of Hip Hop has spread into other genres (rock, r&b, reggae, dance) and is very much a broad scope of music. And you dont have to just be black to do it, as they are Hip Hop acts all over the world from Australia to Japan to Europe to Africa to Canada.
It's the expression of art through street culture.

Ronny Shade said:
I think OutKast is a lot less talented than they used to be.

And if you ask me there are plenty of rappers/producers far more talented than Kanye.

But do you get my point when I say Hip Hop artists are talented. I'd like to see them construct a lyric with the detail of a Nas or Black thought or create a music landscape from your mind like Pharell, Dre, Pete Rock etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"