PS3 features

Lady Stormcrow

Sidekick
Reaction score
Hi, Ive been considering buying a PS3 for a while, but after researching its features, I find that I'm left a bit confused, so if someone could answer my question it'd be ace.
Firstly, can it connect wirelessly to the internet? Because my computer is on a wireless network, and it'd be so handy because there isnt an internet connection in the walls anywhere near my TV.
Is there anything else that's good to know before buying one?

Hi, Ive been considering buying a PS3 for a while, but after researching its features, I find that I'm left a bit confused, so if someone could answer my question it'd be ace.
Firstly, can it connect wirelessly to the internet?

Yes, indeed.

Is there anything else that's good to know before buying one?

Metal Gear Solid 4. :yay: :up:

Oh, I should clarify that the 20GB console does NOT feature Wi-Fi. But if you're going to spend a fortune anyway, you might as well do it up royal and go with the 60GB or 80GB.

Oh, I should clarify that the 20GB console does NOT feature Wi-Fi. But if you're going to spend a fortune anyway, you might as well do it up royal and go with the 60GB or 80GB.

true, but the 20GB would be very difficult to find at this point, and the 60GB is increasingly becoming tougher as well. The new 40 GB (no backwards play) also has wi-fi

Yeah, I heard you cant play PS2 games on the 40GB PS3 :( I suppose I could just pawn my PS2 to get the extra money.

Sony and Microsoft are adding too much variety(imagine that) to their console models this gen. Colors are one thing, but in terms of the guts; 20GB, 40GB, 60GB, 80GB, flash card readers, no flash card readers, Wi-Fi, no Wi-Fi, Core, Premium, Elite, etc. etc. etc. ...Just give me one option, two at the most. I have more than enough difficult choices to make already, I don't need this extra pain in my life.

But then, of course, if they did that, they'll get you with the accessories later. You just can't win.

HERE LADY STORMCROW, HERE'S SOME HELPFUL INFO THAT MIGHT HELP YOU DECIDE!!! JUST HIT THE LINK AND SCROLL DOWN AND YOU'LL SEE INFO ON THE 40, 60, AND 80GIG MODELS, I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

http://www.us.playstation.com/ps3/about/specs

P.S. I BOUGHT THE 60 GIG ALTHOUGH NOW IT'S MY 500 GIG SINCE THE HARD DRIVE IS INTERCHANGEABLE:D:up: AND HAVEN'T REGRETTED IT FOR A SECOND!!! THE 60 GIG MIGHT BE TOUGH TO FIND NOW, SO IF I WERE IN YOUR SHOES I'D GO FOR THE 80 GIG, TRUST ME YOU'RE GETTING ALLOT OF VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY, IT'S A GREAT SYSTEM, WITH MANY FEATURES!!! WIFI, BLUETOOTH, RUMBLE(COMING SOON), SD CARD READERS(NOT IN THE 40 GIG), INTERNET BROWSER, FRIENDS LISTS, VIDEO AND VOICE CHAT, BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY WITH PS1, PS2(NOT IN THE 40 GIG) GAMES, BLU-RAY PLAYER, CD PLAYER, DVD PLAYER WITH UPSCALING, AND GREAT GAMES THAT ARE ALREADY OUT AND ARE COMING!!! AS YOU CAN SEE THERE'S ALLOT TO ENJOY ON THE SYSTEM AND I DIDN'T MENTION EVERYTHING, SO I HOPE THIS HELPS AND IF YOU DO DECIDE TO PURCHASE ONE I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT!!!:D:up:

60gb is the best option but its overated and you would be just as fine getting an 80gb

60gb is the best option but its overated and you would be just as fine getting an 80gb

IT-IS-NOT-OVERRATED!!!:mad: DON'T MESS WITH ME KID OR I'LL GET ME SOME DENTAL FLOSS AND GIVE YOU THE NASTIEST PAPER CUT YOU'VE EVER SEEN!!!:mad:;):oldrazz::D:up:

IT-IS-NOT-OVERRATED!!!:mad: DON'T MESS WITH ME KID OR I'LL GET ME SOME DENTAL FLOSS AND GIVE YOU THE NASTIEST PAPER CUT YOU'VE EVER SEEN!!!:mad:;):oldrazz::D:up:
O.V.E.R.AT.E.D. Now what? (hey did I spell that wrong) lol

O.V.E.R.AT.E.D. Now what? (hey did I spell that wrong) lol

ACTUALLY, I THINK I'M THE ONE THAT SPELLED IT WRONG,:O LOL,:D AND DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT,:mad: DENTAL FLOSS IS VEEEERY DEADLY IN MY HANDS!!!:mad::oldrazz::D:up:

Thanks for all the help, it's sooo useful. I think Im now 90% sure Ill be getting myself a PS3 in the new year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"