Ps5 vs. Series X/S: Which next gen system are you leaning more towards?

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
Good afternoon SHH,

In the same vein as Soapy's old threads, I'm posting this to gauge where the interest is at on this forum for the next generation of consoles. The Switch counts as eighth generation although it came right in the middle of it, then we have Stadia, and we always have PC. Ps5 and Series X have already been announced, we don't know much about games that will release for them (well maybe a little more for Series X), nor do we know the power behind them, but for right now, what are you leaning towards?

Previous threads:

Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round One
Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 - Round TWO - Part 1

Both but probably Xbox first, unless PS5 is much cheaper

Both but probably Xbox first, unless PS5 is much cheaper
Cool, why are you getting Xbox first?

There have been a ton of rumors for prices on both of the consoles so right now it's very hard to tell still.

Cool, why are you getting Xbox first?

There have been a ton of rumors for prices on both of the consoles so right now it's very hard to tell still.

I'm more of an Xbox guy and because of Halo Infinite as a launch title on gamepass

What exactly is cloud streaming? I've read a lot about microsoft having it

Wow that's pretty big. I wouldn't use it a whole lot but still a nice option

Wow that's pretty big. I wouldn't use it a whole lot but still a nice option
For the foreseeable future the masses may not be using it, but I think as time goes on it will become largely adopted, just like how most people who listen to music use Spotify or that watch movies use Netflix

Playstation 5 unless the X-Box X* comes out noticiably cheaper. I am definitely getting both but it comes down to what I have more interest and anticipation of. The reverse compatiability of both is a really good incentive. I have an original X-Box which needs repairing (won't power on) and an X-Box 360 but not an X-Box One. I have a PS2 that still works and a PS4 but no PS3 (the PSO I had was long since sold, wish I still had it). If the PS5 really is reverse compatiable with the PS3 that will save me some money. Same for the X-Box X.

I have pretty much everything Nintendo (NES, SNES both of dubious functionality), N-64 (in need of repair), a GameCube, Wii, Switch and a DS (looking to get a 2DS at some point) but no Wii-U. I do have the NES and SNES Classics too.

*Series X I know but that is a silly name to go with the silly naming convention of X-Box, 360, One and now Series X? Find a system and stick to it Microsoft.

Playstation 5 unless the X-Box X* comes out noticiably cheaper. I am definitely getting both but it comes down to what I have more interest and anticipation of. The reverse compatiability of both is a really good incentive. I have an original X-Box which needs repairing (won't power on) and an X-Box 360 but not an X-Box One. I have a PS2 that still works and a PS4 but no PS3 (the PSO I had was long since sold, wish I still had it). If the PS5 really is reverse compatiable with the PS3 that will save me some money. Same for the X-Box X.

I have pretty much everything Nintendo (NES, SNES both of dubious functionality), N-64 (in need of repair), a GameCube, Wii, Switch and a DS (looking to get a 2DS at some point) but no Wii-U. I do have the NES and SNES Classics too.

*Series X I know but that is a silly name to go with the silly naming convention of X-Box, 360, One and now Series X? Find a system and stick to it Microsoft.
Yeah mS sucks ass at naming their consoles. Xbox One was the first. There was an Xbox One. It was the original Xbox. Series X is named as such I think because there is going to be a more budget option, but it's not going to have the same "Series X" name which is weird to me because if it's not a part of that series and Series X only has the premium version, what's the point of having "Series" in the name?

But yeah as far as BC goes you can count on Series X for that. Prices for both of them are still up in the air.

PC for multiplatform games and a PS5 for exclusives unless the Sony PC development rumors turn out to be true.

Last edited:
PC for multiplatform games and a PS4 for exclusives unless the Sony PC development rumors turn out to be true.
I think you mean Ps5 right?

And yeah, it seems highly likely that the Sony PC development rumors could be true, if you're referring to 1st party exclusives showing up there. We got Detroit, Death Stranding, next is supposed to be Horizon
Cool, I'm guessing you also own both Ps4 and Xbone now?

I think you mean Ps5 right?

And yeah, it seems highly likely that the Sony PC development rumors could be true, if you're referring to 1st party exclusives showing up there. We got Detroit, Death Stranding, next is supposed to be Horizon
Cool, I'm guessing you also own both Ps4 and Xbone now?
Yes I meant PS5 lol. I hope you're right though. The ability to have all of my libraries in one place and other devices with limited restrictions is what I find the most appealing about Sony's game's coming to PC. They'll look better too.

Yes I meant PS5 lol. I hope you're right though. The ability to have all of my libraries in one place and other devices with limited restrictions is what I find the most appealing about Sony's game's coming to PC. They'll look better too.
The ability to have all libraries in one place would be reality if ALL games were multiplatform anyway but yes, them coming to PC means getting the best possible version of the software.

Anyway, I think the rumor came from Jason Schreier, a well known journalist who often gives reliable information. There may be a chance it doesn't end up happening, but the possibility is strong.

The ability to have all libraries in one place would be reality if ALL games were multiplatform anyway but yes, them coming to PC means getting the best possible version of the software.

Anyway, I think the rumor came from Jason Schreier, a well known journalist who often gives reliable information. There may be a chance it doesn't end up happening, but the possibility is strong.
We're so close though. I've already got everything Microsoft will have to offer coming to me to five dollars a month. If Sony did something similar, I would be in heaven but I would even accept the PC ports coming out six months to a year later. FOMO hasn't been an issue for me in years.

We're so close though. I've already got everything Microsoft will have to offer coming to me to five dollars a month. If Sony did something similar, I would be in heaven but I would even accept the PC ports coming out six months to a year later. FOMO hasn't been an issue for me in years.
If the rumor is true, it seems to me what Sony is doing is trying to maximize profit, while not jeopardizing hardware sales. That's why Horizon (if it comes out on PC at all) was exclusive in the beginning, and throughout the generation. A PC port will reinvigorate interest in the IP, as well as hype fans for a sequel on new hardware. I don't think same date PC versions will ever happen with Sony titles, but I can't rule it out either.

at this point, I'm still leaning towards PS5. or at least PS5 first year, Series X later on, if at all.

Sony just has that edge on the exclusives.

That could change based on the full reveals and details for both consoles, as well as MS announcing killer launch (and near launch) exclusives besides Halo Infinite.

Whichever console ends up being cheaper will play a factor, as does look/design and features like full BC with all prior gens.

I could really go either way going into next gen. But right now, Sony still has the slight edge for me and MS has a tougher hill to climb.

Ps5 and its not even close. Xbox to me has been trash from day 1 has it has like never had any good exclusives from xbox to 360 to one. Sony on the other hand always makes good games and if you look at the time table of when some of there big exclusives came out on ps4 games like Horizon zero dawn 2 should not be far off from launch and spiderman 2 should only be like 1-2 years into ps5 life.

I think the likelihood of playstation exclusives coming to PC is going to become higher and higher further into the future. Just saying because exclusivity seems to be a common driving factor.

I’ll get Series X at launch. I hope my buddy upgrades to PS5 too.

From the specs that came out I can’t see the Series X being cheaper.

I quite like the Series X name though. Certainly a lot better than the dumb Xbox One. I think going with Series X means they will be able to have a consistent naming system going forward at least.

I just hope neither console launch at over $600 like PS3. I doubt it but would be very nice if both come with a month-3 month online membership with Xbox's case being Ultimate Gamepass.

Halo: Infinite being a launch title and added ri gamepass is a big plus, although I'm not planning on getting a new console until next year anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"