Public Transit

Since when? Many a time I see more people getting on at the back of the bus than in the front.

I've only seen that happen when the bus is late and already crowded.:huh:

usually when there aren't any seats people just stand by the door.:whatever:

My public transportation rant is a bit different.

I don't take the bus, but here in DC, I rely on the Metro. I have to travel into the city three times a week, and it's always packed. But that doesn't bother me, so much as the fare increases. Fares were recently raised $.80, which doesn't seem like a lot... but it certainly adds up.

However, in this city especially, public transportation is so much more reliable than driving. It takes two hours to get through the city by car, versus twenty minutes by Metrorail. So I guess I can suck it up and deal with it.

My public transportation rant is a bit different.

I don't take the bus, but here in DC, I rely on the Metro. I have to travel into the city three times a week, and it's always packed. But that doesn't bother me, so much as the fare increases. Fares were recently raised $.80, which doesn't seem like a lot... but it certainly adds up.

However, in this city especially, public transportation is so much more reliable than driving. It takes two hours to get through the city by car, versus twenty minutes by Metrorail. So I guess I can suck it up and deal with it.

pffft, 80 ****ing cents? We pay 2 bucks here for service that be ridiculously unreliable, and they still try raise fares every year!!:eek::cmad::down

pffft, 80 ****ing cents? We pay 2 bucks here for service that be ridiculously unreliable, and they still try raise fares every year!!:eek::cmad::down

Well, when you go from paying $1.80 to get to one destination, to $2.30, it adds up.

Not to mention, fares used to be as low as $1.35, to as high as $3.10.

So, I travel into the city for work three days a week... so I spend $13.80 a week, not counting transportation for when I want to go out for dinner or something. It can add up, especially if you're on a tight budget.

I misread, I thought you were saying the actual fare was .80.:o

and yes, it does add up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"