My roomie is a ****ing idiot...

nipples must be protected too, haters.

You already know my general feelings on the roomie anyway, but for this instance....he's not in the wrong for feeling the way he does, exactly.

Think about it, all the way up to B89, Batman was produced as a more campy character. Adam West and Superfriends are more than enough proof of that. It's only been the last almost twenty years that he's been the man we all know. So, in the effect of him thinking that it was dumb that Bats was a ninja, well, he's in the clear. It'd be like if someone was pissed because they adapted a TMNT story from the comics, when all the person cares about is the 80's cartoon [and anyone's who's read the comics knows exactly what I'm talking about]. I'm not saying it's okay or good, but it's not unfair.

As for his ignorance to comics over movies, yes, he's an idiot. That'd be akin to making a movie about Eric Clapton, and saying he lost his arm in a bus accident where they slid on "black ice". I never mind a little deviation from the comics in any movie, provided it doesn't change the core of who the character is or why he's doing what he does [which was my beef with Sandman], but really, in ANY ADAPTATION OF ANYTHING, it's best to be wise to the source material, because if the source material was popular enough to get it's own movie, then it must have done SOMETHING right.

Think about it, all the way up to B89, Batman was produced as a more campy character.

MMmnot really all the way. O'Niel/Adams, Year One, DKR, all pre-89. Plus way back to the Finger/Kane killer "Bat-Man." Though live action stuff and cartoons, yeah, camp-city.

But even if he doesn't know the comics, I don't see how he can like Batman & Robin. It's just a horrible movie. :huh:

MMmnot really all the way. O'Niel/Adams, Year One, DKR, all pre-89. Plus way back to the Finger/Kane killer "Bat-Man." Though live action stuff and cartoons, yeah, camp-city.

But even if he doesn't know the comics, I don't see how he can like Batman & Robin. It's just a horrible movie. :huh:
:up::up:

Poison the guy just to be safe.

Then beat him with a stick.

And bury him with a Batman Begins dvd.

:mad::up:

begins? see everyone who wants to take the safe road jumps on the begins bandwagon.

Well not me. I'm a batman and robin fan till I die, woo!

... And we have found the roomie...

Getting this angry over Begins? Wow. He should have argued that it's s**ty because of the last act though.

This disease is highly contagious. Get out of there IMMEDIATELY!

I meant in common media. Comics not really withstanding, since we've already established that the roomie isn't a comic fan.

I don't think either one of you is going to be getting a MENSA membership application in the mail anytime soon.

jag

First of all, look at who he lives with... of course he's an idiot. :cwink:

Secondly, while Batman Begins was a good movie, did I really need to hear yet another inane "cool car" comment when Gordon shows up at the railway tower in the middle of the climactic end of the movie?

And if 911 taught us anything, it's that tall buildings need columns to stand up.
Yet when a runaway train plows through the basement of Wayne Enterprise, knocking out 48" or 60" CONCRETE COLUMNS, the building still stands...

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

It's still a decent movie, but I have a hard time watching that stuff...

But we can all agree the Batman and Robin sucks for the most part. I mean unless you're a kid.

......or a kid when you saw it
....Which is why I still sorta like it.
*puts head down in shame*

LMAO...that's hilarious. :woot:

So, I'm having a conversation with my roommate tonight, and we get on the topic of comic book movies, as he had just seen Spidey 3. He goes on to say that its his favorite comic movie and asks me what mine is. I say Batman Begins, and this is the conversation that followed.

Him: "Batman Begins is the most ******ed thing to ever happen to the Batman movies."
Me: "F**k no! Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, almost ruined the franchise AND the character! They had f**king nipples on the batsuit for christsakes!"
Him: "They were better than Batman Begins, at least he wasn't a ninja in them."
Me: "He's trained as a ninja in the freaking comics!"
Him: "The comics don't matter. This is the movies"
Me: "ITS A F**KING COMIC BOOK MOVIE!"

He went on to say that it wasn't supposed to be accurate, it was just an adaptation. Thats the point when I left the room. I don't know if that severe of mental disability is contagious or not.

Your room mate has one weird opinion.

The point of adaptations is to accurately translate the source material though. If I make a movie where Flash was a punk kid on roller blades with no super speed, people would call it a piss-poor adaptation would they not?

None of the Bourne movies are direct translations and they are pretty good

None of the Bourne movies are direct translations and they are pretty good

Thats because Bourne is not well known as Batman. Batman is an icon, Bourne is not. Everyone knows who Batman is,even if your not a fan. I don't mind things being changed for the big screen I.E Prime with flames, Superman smaller S and Jedi's being able to lightsaber battle like it's piss easy to do in the new trioogy. If the changes are good then it's alright but when you stray away so far from the source I.E Putting some turd named Walker in TMNT 3 instead of acual villians we know, changing Bruce Banners background in Hulk and making Cyclops a ***** in the X-Men movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"