Punch-Out!! Wii

So did anybody get this?

I got it and have had a blast with it. I couldn't get comfortable with the Wii board though. Maybe it's just gonna take some getting used to.

If you get winded easily, using the NES setup would probably be the best bet, but I wouldn't do it in public. If you're playing with people watching, the motion control is the best option, because the latter just looks kinda lame. :oldrazz:

If you wear some underwear you get free in a video game, you deserve whatever you get.

It was a little short to have bought........4 hours of play and I'm at Super Macho Man....and I suck.

What I do like is that a lot of the guys use the same Strategy as they did on the NES

It was a little short to have bought........4 hours of play and I'm at Super Macho Man....and I suck.

What I do like is that a lot of the guys use the same Strategy as they did on the NES

It's not very short actually, it has alot of replay value.

After your first time through, you have Title Defense Mode, where the boxers are tougher and have new moves. Wait till you get owned by TD Glass Joe for the first time...it's humiliating.

Second you have the mode where you fight attempting to get medals for meeting certain goals...like KOing Von Kaiser in five hits.

Plus it's just a blast to play. :D

You knew what you were getting with this game. It's Punch-Out!

If you wear some underwear you get free in a video game, you deserve whatever you get.

Regardless, as a poster on Kotaku said, couldn't they have used an ink that DOESN'T cause cancer?

Yeah really, that is pretty crazy. I mean, why would you use that type of material for something like this? It just defies logic

It's not very short actually, it has alot of replay value.

After your first time through, you have Title Defense Mode, where the boxers are tougher and have new moves. Wait till you get owned by TD Glass Joe for the first time...it's humiliating.

Second you have the mode where you fight attempting to get medals for meeting certain goals...like KOing Von Kaiser in five hits.

Plus it's just a blast to play. :D

I was unaware of the title defense mode......but the 4 hour play time I had does include all of what I would concider the 'easy medals'

And yeah, It is Punch Out so I did know what I was getting into.....there's still no way I was not gonna buy it.

I love how they basically chose not to go politically correct with the game like the old one and left in all the unfortunate implications. Glass Joe is an effeminate frenchman, Bear Hugger downs maple syrup, Aran Ryan is an ******* irish hooligan. The game definitely will make you laugh. Doc's eyes creep me out though.

I love me some Vodka Drunkinski....I mean Soda Popinski. :p

Finally got to play it. The sanctification of beating Aran Ryan after losing twice to him was too good to describe. Game as a whole is quite good, the formula definitely stood the test of time

He wants to eat your kids!

aranryan.jpg
Send To Phone

How is this game in terms of length and difficulty?

You can get through all three circuits pretty quick, but the hard mode after is really tough, and it'll add a good amount of time to it.

Exhibition mode has a lot of medals and stuff to collect, some are really a *****

Got the game a couple days ago. It's a lot of fun, blasted through the first circut, Piston Honda and Bear Hugger. Great Tiger kicked my ass though, just had problems getting the timing of his uppercuts down, mainly because I tend to just dodge in one direction. Had troubles with Don Flemenco too, is there any advantage to him losing his mouth guard? You don't get many multiple hits after that happens, makes it harder to knock him down. Was able to beat him, but lost to both Tiger and Flemenco 3 times a piece.

You would think teleporting would be considered illegal cheating. :(

You would think teleporting would be considered illegal cheating. :(

Well in Super Punch Out, you had a guy the kicked you, another spit some purple substance at you and another used a cane as a weapon. I think the rules of the WVBA are a little lax.

Currently working my way through Title Defense Mode. It really is frustrating losing to Glass Joe of all people. At the moment I'm fighting Bear Hugger. And I agree with regards to the replay value. Getting all those Challenge Medals is sure gonna take a while.

He is a monster, but it's all the more satisfying when you put your fist through his head

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"