The Comics Q. Just how rich is Tony Stark?

Fantasyartist

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm curious- is he wealthier than his fellow Avengers, Janet Van Dyne (The Wasp) the King of Wakanda, The Black Panther?
What about Bill Gates or Warren Buffett? Or his closest DC counterpart Bruce Wayne? Inquiring minds want to know!

Terry

As far as I know, he is the wealthist man in Marvel, he is worth Billion's, he had a setback earlier last year, where he lost alot of money from variuos problems,but he's back to being up there, I believe he's considered the 34th wealthist man in the US.

Well back during the Stark International days Tony owned 50% of the Stock, less exactly 2 shares which he had given to Jarvis years earlier. SI was a multi-billion dollar corporation so figure that Stark was worth about two or three billion at the time. It seemed like most of his money was tied up in the company and without it his cash assets were pretty light, maybe around 10 or 20 million. Mind you he tended to spend a lot of money on toys - you know: private jets, Villas in the Bahamas complete with his own private island, multiple suits of armor. All those things add up you know. :D

Today I have no idea. I stopped buying the comic about the time Fat Joey took over as F***-up in chief and made him nothing more than a tool that other F***-up in chief in DC.

Ironfan72 said:
As far as I know, he is the wealthist man in Marvel, he is worth Billion's, he had a setback earlier last year, where he lost alot of money from variuos problems,but he's back to being up there, I believe he's considered the 34th wealthist man in the US.

Stark is the 36th wealthiest man in the world.

Batman said:
Stark is the 36th wealthiest man in the world.
Thanks, wasn't exactly sure where he fell on the top 100, I knew it was in the mid to up 30's.

chiefchirpa said:
Where do you know that?

In Iron Man #7, Nick Fury mentions it.

Ironfan72 said:
Thanks, wasn't exactly sure where he fell on the top 100, I knew it was in the mid to up 30's.

You're welcome.

CombatRock319 said:
hahaha richer than batman, his toys are built to last

Actually. Considering Stark came in at 36, Bruce would be placed at number 8. Which mean's he's the wealthiest out of the two.

i'd say he'd have a donald trump level bank account

All I know is that in the Ultimates, he made reference to himself as being worth 300 billion(which would make him far richer than Bill Gates). I don't know about the 616.

The real life 36th richest person in the world has 7 billion dollars.

kedrell said:
All I know is that in the Ultimates, he made reference to himself as being worth 300 billion(which would make him far richer than Bill Gates). I don't know about the 616.

sorry bill gates worth 600 billion but is personnal fortune(money only) is 42 billion

chiefchirpa said:
Where do you know that?

Extremis arc.

Tony Stark was originally the second wealthiest man in America (he was stated to be wealthier than Bill Gates but Bill Gates probably isn't as rich as he is in the real world due to competing technologies firms) then he gave it all away to the MAria Stark Foundation.

Then an old evil villain gave Tony Stark all of his money and Tony bought back Stark-Fujikawa.

He's as rich as the current writer needs him to be to service that particular story. :o

yes but is fun to talk about moeny

I'm curious- is he wealthier than his fellow Avengers, Janet Van Dyne (The Wasp) the King of Wakanda, The Black Panther?
What about Bill Gates or Warren Buffett? Or his closest DC counterpart Bruce Wayne? Inquiring minds want to know!

Terry

Actually, I have the in-comic answer to that question. Tony Stark was formerly the second richest man in the world (thanks to Iron Man comics establishing that he'd just been beaten out by his long time childhood friend who was sleeping with Rumiko). So that would make his fortune probably around the 200 billion dollar range or as rich as Warren Buffet.

Then Tony Stark gave it all away to the Maria Stark foundation (?!?!) before a business rival dying of cancer gave away his fortune to Tony again.

Tony Stark was then listed by his own comic as the 36th richest man in the world, which would make his fortune around the area of 15 or so billion dollars.

Janet Van Dyne is only independently wealthy and in the millions range while the Black Panther is the sovereign of Wakanda but we don't know how much he makes. Probably he doesn't play the international markets much.

wasn't tony stripped of access to his money in new avengers he did say he couldn't afford to fund athe avengers[perhaps due to interference from the SI board of directors

Well his current armor alone cost $7 billion, at least that's how much $ he told Spider-man when the latter inquired about getting some armor for himself.

Terry
Your question shall be answered. His exact amount of money is 5 billion, 2 million. 3 thousand, five hundred and five dollars and 8 cent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"