• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"Queen of the Underground" The Official Dania Ramirez/Callisto thread

Mister Sinister

Picture of Paul McCartney
Joined
Apr 8, 2004
Messages
6,728
Reaction score
0
Points
31
callisto_head.jpg


www.uncannyxmen.net said:
Real Name: Unknown
Universe/Timeline: Marvel Universe
Current Status: Operating in Genosha
Aliases: none
Nationality: American
First Appearance: Uncanny X-Men #169

Powers and Abilities:
heightened strength, agility, reflexes, and sensory perceptions, regenerative powers, arms have been transformed into multiple suction tentacles

dania05a.jpg

That's Kerry Washington from F4 on the left BTW

daniasplash.jpg


_11339181882.jpg

That's an omega sign on her cheek/chest, an Omega Red reference?

Appears to be a big role, the leader of the Morlocks...could open the door for Gambit/Marrow.
 
I like the tattoo, but they should have kept the eye patch.

Overall...I think its a solid effort for a character I never thought would be in a X-men flim.
 
LittleMissVixen said:
I like the tattoo, but they should have kept the eye patch.

Overall...I think its a solid effort for a character I never thought would be in a X-men flim.

Agreed. I'm very surprised and pleased about this character choice! :up: The actress is a very, very pretty girl indeed. One more beautiful actress in the X-Men movies to add to the list. :xmen:
 
I don't mind the absence or the APPARENT absence of an eye patch, but I guess I would like to know why they decided not to use it..(It's possible that she will use one later on in the film)

BTW, is it explained why she has an eye patch in the comic?

-TNC
 
I've said this before in an off topic thread, but I wouldn't mind seeing Halle take her eye out ala Kill Bill 2 style. :)

That wont happen though.
 
Yeah never know, karea...Maybe Storm spins a piece of wood in her eye.. :p

-TNC
 
TNC9852002 said:
Yeah never know, karea...Maybe Storm spins a piece of wood in her eye.. :p

-TNC

Either that, or I would love to see Storm's power (or anything for that matter) damage one of Callisto's eyes and makes it useless. Hence a reason for a patch?
 
Exactly what I was thinking,..especially since they're supposedly getting into a big fight..Research tells me that Callisto didn't always have an eye patch though...I'm just not sure why she originally needed one...

-TNC
 
Cross eye/Lazy eye/Wandering eye? :p
 
maybe she gets a claw through the face and needs an eye patch for x4 lol
 
when i said claw i didnt mean wolvy... i meant hot cat fight and storm like b slaps her in the face and gets her eye
 
TNC9852002 said:
Exactly what I was thinking,..especially since they're supposedly getting into a big fight..Research tells me that Callisto didn't always have an eye patch though...I'm just not sure why she originally needed one...

-TNC
She was blind in that eye and just wore the patch to conceal the damage.
 
I really hope she gets an eye patch somewhere in the film. I wonder if they'll show her tentacle power arms on screen? Somehow, I get the feeling that she won't pop green tentacles. :( :p

Storm pulled out one of Marrow's hearts in the comics, so maybe Storm will rip Callisto's eye out? That'd be....cute. :D
 
Or maybe just maybe she does a quick fight with wolvy (nothing big just wolverine trying to get to magneto [like when magento is levitating wolvy in the teaser]) anyway like she gets in the way and wolverine just slashes her face and sshe falls back bleeding... then the next time we see her she has an eye patch on for her fight with storm?
 
WarBlade said:
She was blind in that eye and just wore the patch to conceal the damage.
I know, but was she always blinded?

-TNC
 
i think so, the first encounter with x-men she had the eye patch so...basically that means I don't know, I just wanted to be part of the conversation
 
I'm assuming she is one of the main villains, I mean she has her photo up with Magneto, Juggs & Pyro.
 
TNC9852002 said:
I know, but was she always blinded?

-TNC
As far as I know she was. I've read the early Power Pack story that indroduced many of the old school morlocks and have a copy of the issue where Storm gains leadership of the morlocks, and as far as I can recall Callisto had the patch right from her early appearances.
 
Since Callisto has the Omega Red tattoo instead of an eyepatch do you think she will lead the group of mutants with Omega Red symabals on their costumes instead of Omega Red himself or do you think she is a part of the Omega Red group orm do you think that the the Omega Red symbal is the new symbal of the brotherhood.
 
Callisto looks great and is just what i expected.

Thats all i have to say.
 
Ok..... So Magneto recruits the Leader of the Morlocks(Callisto) and apparently the Morlocks as well to join his army? Is that how the massive numbers of mutants in his Brotherhood are being explained? Interesting.
 
the a1ant said:
I really hope she gets an eye patch somewhere in the film. I wonder if they'll show her tentacle power arms on screen? Somehow, I get the feeling that she won't pop green tentacles. :( :p

Storm pulled out one of Marrow's hearts in the comics, so maybe Storm will rip Callisto's eye out? That'd be....cute. :D

When did she have tentacle arms?I must have missed something.

I really love her onscreen look.The tattoo is very badass and makes up for her lack of an eyepatch.

Morlocks unite!
 
OutcryX said:
Ok..... So Magneto recruits the Leader of the Mortlocks(Callisto) and apparently the Morlocks as well to join his army? Is that how the massive numbers of mutants in his Brotherhood are being explained? Interesting.

Man,I hope so,that would be awesome.

Or they could be escapees.
 
lordofthenerds said:
Since Callisto has the Omega Red tattoo instead of an eyepatch do you think she will lead the group of mutants with Omega Red symabals on their costumes instead of Omega Red himself or do you think she is a part of the Omega Red group orm do you think that the the Omega Red symbal is the new symbal of the brotherhood.

I'm thinking Omega Red isn't in the movie...or at least not the one we all know and love. Could they just be calling themselves Omega or something like that being as how this is the 'war' and they want a symbol to show mankind that they as mutants are the answer? i dunno.
 
GNR4Life said:
When did she have tentacle arms?I must have missed something.

I really love her onscreen look.The tattoo is very badass and makes up for her lack of an eyepatch.

Morlocks unite!

It was her secondary mutation and happened in Claremont's Excaliber(prior to the HoM reboot) aka the Magneto and Prof X love story
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,709
Messages
21,790,313
Members
45,617
Latest member
BadlyDrawnKano
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"