The Official Contest of Marvels 3 Discussion Thread

Hey guys... sorry but I'm going to do a quick promo and then shut up. I'm in the current Survivor over in Community and we need some votes on our newest challenge. Anyone willing to help out please visit THIS thread and vote for the NWO team. Thanks to anyone who helps out.

Oh... and Ahura's in the game as well and is on the DX team. Feel free to support his crew too if you'd rather do that.

That is all... back to our regularly schedualed... though greatly delayed... CoM

Hey guys... sorry but I'm going to do a quick promo and then shut up. I'm in the current Survivor over in Community and you should vote on the newest challenge. Anyone willing to help out please visit THIS thread and vote for the NWO team if you really feel that they deserve it.

Oh... and Ahura's in the game as well and is on the DX team. Feel free to support his crew as it is the better choice. Thanks to anyone who helps out.

That is all... back to our regularly schedualed... though greatly delayed... CoM

Thanks JH, I thought I would quote your statement with a few light amendments. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, I was planning on starting it up soon but then I got into Survivor and am doing well at that and it's taking tons of my time. I figure we should start getting the word out that we're starting it back up and get everyone back in and we'll get it going in a few weeks when everyone's ready and able to participate.

Yeah I am co-hosting with Hunter and you can imagine the time dedication to get things organized...

Man... bad news after bad news. I got a call today about an uncle of mine who was four-wheeling and had an accident. Don't know full details but we know that he fractured his back, potentially a very bad break. He had to be taken to emergency surgery. Still waiting for word on the details. Unfortunately he was in another state so it's hard to get details and it may be another day or two until we know something.

One of the future meetings for my comic book club is "Is Spider-Man screwed?" And one of the readings is Brand New Day.

...pray for me :(

Something I was thinking. The Fight Club thread seems pretty active, and has similarly themed threads to our Contest. Maybe we should get the battle threads moved into the sub-forum. I think they fit better there, and we might attract some new curious participants.

That's not a bad idea... and tell us more about this Comic Book Club :)

Keyser Soze hosts a Comic Book Club over on Project Fanboy. He assigns readings two weeks ahead of time, and then we discuss them.

http://www.projectfanboy.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=107

The current meeting is an open discussion where we talk about any Marvels Essential or DC Showcase Presents we want. The last meeting was about horror comics.

Ok, so before reading Brand New Day for the Comic Book Club, I caught up with Back in Black and One More Day...

I am now depressed and not looking forward to BND...:(

Yeah, the feeling never goes away unfortunately.

I honestly didn't mind Back in Black. I thought it was pretty good actually. It's nice seeing Peter go all out every now and then. And even the first issue of OMD was actually enjoyable. The rest was a joke though.

Agreed. Back in Black was intense.

And OMD started well. In fact, if Peter and MJ had turned down the deal and told Mephisto where to shove it, and it would have ended with them saying goodbye to May, it would have been an awesome conclusion to JMS's run.

It would have. I still think the 'no one can help her' thing was kinda bleh but otherwise it was decent. If they would have done what you said, yeah, I would have liked the story just fine and would probably be reading Spider-Man to this day.

Yeah, they went a little far with the no one can help her. But it was to make sure that Peter had no last resort.

But even as he and MJ are discussing the deal, and Peter said May's death being his fault would rip him apart, he even admits that he could get through it with MJ by his side.

And then they make the deal anyway... :confused:

I like how Linkara handled it in his vid when he brought it up. It started with him screaming about Spidey making a deal with the devil, then cut to a screen saying that 'after some time and happy pills later', then cut back to him being calm again. :p

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!

So now that Survivor has finished and Powder and I are free again, whose up for a little superhero smackdown!

After a LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGG Hiatus, I think it's time to finish this shindig. I hate starting something and not finishing it and most of you (if not all) said you're up to continuing.... so let's continue.

Would Monday be good for everyone as a starting point? I honestly forget the schedual we were even running, but whatever we do it'll coincide with that, but nonetheless... this week.

I'd forgotten that I started posting the next matches before we went on hiatus so I'll finish getting those ready just to have them ready, but the debates won't actually start until we say so.

So if you're ready to go, post in here so we know.

I'll also be sending out PM's to remind people.

Alright... all threads are up and ready to go for as soon as we get this shindig started.

I'm looking forward to smoking all your behinds once again :)

Can't wait to win the whole thing with just Rom the SpaceKnight. :D

So, were we going to try and get the battle threads moved into the Fight Club forum? Maybe pick up some new voters?

Try Master Bruce. He goes by Batman now.

Tell him I've got those incriminating photos...he'll know what I mean. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"