The Flash Query about timelines

gameofarrowvers

Civilian
Reaction score
When someone goes back in time and changes something to create an alternate timeline, does the original timeline still exist or is it completely erased? For example, in The Flash, does the timeline where Nora Allen wasn't killed by the Reverse-Flash still exist?

If I understand how it works on this TV show, the original timeline still exits, Nora's still dead by the hand of RF. Not sure exactly how that works, but that is how it works here I think. This kind of stuff with time travel stories always gives me a headache, they never deal with Paradox in a satisfactory way (to me anyway)

Well it's a multiverse so yes there are infinite timelines.

There'll be one where Nora Allen never died, one where Barry went back and saved her, the one where future Barry saves young Barry etc

I'd have some additional questions to the timelines and hope some of you could bring some light into it. I'm relating to the Flash on the CWs tv show.

so as Ghostcrow13 said, theres supposed to be infinite timelines.
So actually, in my logic,the original timeline is that Berrys both parents live and he gets hit by the lightning in 2020(it is said in the one episode where the reversed flash kills Dr. Wells and his wife). So in this timeline Berry becomes the Flash as well and later on faces the Reversed Flash. So sometime in this timeline The reversed flash (thorne) finds out who the flash is(Berry allen) and travels back in time to kill Berry when he was young.
->1)so my first question is: when the reversed flash goes back in time(the flash following him) and kills Berrys mother, this is an ALTERNATE TIMELINE right? It is not the original timeline of the flash ,is it?

My next question is, in the last episode of the first season, Berry travels back in time in order to safe his mom from being murdered. When he's in the house, the other Flash(who is fighting the reversed flash) sees Berry from our timeline(the one we watch on cw) and puts his hand up showing him not to interfere. So at that moment, there are 3 Berry Allens in that timeline right ? 2 adult ones and one child.
So if there can be multiple Flashes in one timeline, I wonder what happened when Berry goes back in time to the day before(when he tries to safe the city from the tsunami)
Because he travelled back in time, even sees his other self running down the street but then he vanishes. So what happened ? Why arent there 2 Flashes in one timeline ? Or were there two flashes and one disappeared somehow ?

And my last question is, how did The reversed flash get his powers ? and how did he end up being the flashes enemy ? Because in that one episode Dr. Wells says that he is born 136 years from now(from now-> in that episode). So did Berry get about 150 years old or how did he end up fighting the reversed flash ? and how is he a speedster as well ?

Thanks in advance for your time and help guys

I'd have some additional questions to the timelines and hope some of you could bring some light into it. I'm relating to the Flash on the CWs tv show.

so as Ghostcrow13 said, theres supposed to be infinite timelines.
So actually, in my logic,the original timeline is that Berrys both parents live and he gets hit by the lightning in 2020(it is said in the one episode where the reversed flash kills Dr. Wells and his wife). So in this timeline Berry becomes the Flash as well and later on faces the Reversed Flash. So sometime in this timeline The reversed flash (thorne) finds out who the flash is(Berry allen) and travels back in time to kill Berry when he was young.
->1)so my first question is: when the reversed flash goes back in time(the flash following him) and kills Berrys mother, this is an ALTERNATE TIMELINE right? It is not the original timeline of the flash ,is it?

My next question is, in the last episode of the first season, Berry travels back in time in order to safe his mom from being murdered. When he's in the house, the other Flash(who is fighting the reversed flash) sees Berry from our timeline(the one we watch on cw) and puts his hand up showing him not to interfere. So at that moment, there are 3 Berry Allens in that timeline right ? 2 adult ones and one child.
So if there can be multiple Flashes in one timeline, I wonder what happened when Berry goes back in time to the day before(when he tries to safe the city from the tsunami)
Because he travelled back in time, even sees his other self running down the street but then he vanishes. So what happened ? Why arent there 2 Flashes in one timeline ? Or were there two flashes and one disappeared somehow ?

And my last question is, how did The reversed flash get his powers ? and how did he end up being the flashes enemy ? Because in that one episode Dr. Wells says that he is born 136 years from now(from now-> in that episode). So did Berry get about 150 years old or how did he end up fighting the reversed flash ? and how is he a speedster as well ?

Thanks in advance for your time and help guys

1) It was the exact same timeline until Thawne and adult Barry showed up. From that moment forward a new timeline was created.

2) THIS IS ALL SPECULATION. It was a speed force mirror image. When one of those happen it's to signify a new timeline is inevitably going to be created. When Barry travels back 3 days his past self and current self merge as a way of realigning that timeline and this probably only happens when the time jump is so close together that the creation of a "new" timeline isn't necessary. Think of it as two small bodies of water running parallel and they're so close they eventually merge.

3) We don't know yet. While honoring the source material Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kriesberg, and Marc Guggenheim are doing their own thing. We'll probably find out more about Eobard Thawne in a later season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"