Comics question about new x-men, new mutants,astonishing x-men...

ironmaidenrules

Sidekick
Reaction score
ok, i got into reading some of whedon's stuff
i read some of new mutants
i've seen some new x-men

and then there's the whole house of m and decimination stuff

i was wondering which one(AX-men, NX-men or NM) is the current marvel universe

which one is the current continuity

the decinmination thing seems to be the current arc going about.

has decimination affected AX-men? is AX-men just another alternate reality?

are all of them connected? in new mutants emma and scott run the school just like in new mutants.

beast looks the same

collousus(sp??) is alive

but in new mutants we get rogue,gambit ect and i didn't see them in Ax-men

sorry for the dumb question

just give me a few honest answers and close this afterwards

They're all current continuity (Astonishing, Adjectiveless, Uncanny, and House of M/Decimation related miniseries)

Anything with "Ultimate" or "The End" in the title, however, are different realities.

so in whedon's next issue he's gonna have to have all those depowered people

cool

has their been any AX-men issues that involved this?

whedon has alluded to it in his series but its not like he has to just say, "hey so and so was depowered and we only have so many mutants left on earth"

ironmaidenrules said:
but all the depowered people are still depowered in whedon's run, right?

yes but I dont think he will focus to much on them

i see
so AX-men just focuses on the mutants with powers dealing with the **** they normally dealt with

well what about vulcan

like if vulcan was to have scott idnapped for a really long time, he would still be kidnapped in AX-men

whats the order here??

ironmaidenrules said:
i see
so AX-men just focuses on the mutants with powers dealing with the **** they normally dealt with

well what about vulcan

like if vulcan was to have scott idnapped for a really long time, he would still be kidnapped in AX-men

whats the order here??

Haha. Hahahahaha. Hahahahahahaha.
Ahem.
I'm sorry. I think you've confused Marvel with DC. Order? There is no ORDER in Marvel. That would require continuity. That would require editors who avoid discrepencies like the plague! Pfft... order in Marvel. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, though... Yeah, although these books all exist in the same world, time, etc., there's no order to them. Characters pop up between them even if that would be physically impossible (take Wolverine, for example, or Emma/Scott/everybody popping up currently in Adjectiveless, etc). Just read the issues of each title in ascending order and it'll make as much sense as it can.

El Bastardo said:
Haha. Hahahahaha. Hahahahahahaha.
Ahem.
I'm sorry. I think you've confused Marvel with DC. Order? There is no ORDER in Marvel. That would require continuity. That would require editors who avoid discrepencies like the plague! Pfft... order in Marvel. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, though... Yeah, although these books all exist in the same world, time, etc., there's no order to them. Characters pop up between them even if that would be physically impossible (take Wolverine, for example, or Emma/Scott/everybody popping up currently in Adjectiveless, etc). Just read the issues of each title in ascending order and it'll make as much sense as it can.

i see

well thaT SUCKS

oh well...if i want that i'll read batman comics(loads of story there)

i really like AX-men-very well written

i'll probably wait till the house of m/decimination junk is put into one huge book like AoA and secret wars

House of M was bad, there was no good story worth all those issues. Wanda goes crazy, Wanda warps reality, Wanda warps it back and theres only 198 mutants left.

well what about the whole decinmination thing, that looks interesting

and i like the doom house of M, i wish it was longer though

FieryBalrog said:
House of M was bad, there was no good story worth all those issues. Wanda goes crazy, Wanda warps reality, Wanda warps it back and theres only 198 mutants left.

The New X-Men HoM books were probably the best. They were fun and entertaining, if that's all. The main House of M should have been, as I've said before, limited to five issues. But, hey! Eight issues? More money in the hands of Marvel, and that's what matters!

But, for better or worse, HoM is the defining event for Marvel... well, at least until Civil War, and that only until Marvel launches another huge and defining event half a year later. Crap, is my discontent shining through?

It seems to me that X-Factor and Son of M are the only comics dealing with the decinmination

El Bastardo said:
The New X-Men HoM books were probably the best. They were fun and entertaining, if that's all. The main House of M should have been, as I've said before, limited to five issues. But, hey! Eight issues? More money in the hands of Marvel, and that's what matters!

But, for better or worse, HoM is the defining event for Marvel... well, at least until Civil War, and that only until Marvel launches another huge and defining event half a year later. Crap, is my discontent shining through?

I agree it was important. The effects have been interesting. But the House of M story itself was weak and mediocre I thought.

And yea, the New X-men tie-ins were the best part of it. Still wasn't worth the money I paid though.

ironmaidenrules said:
well what about the whole decinmination thing, that looks interesting

Decimation is interesting I think. But the way we got here wasn't.

FieryBalrog said:
But the House of M story itself was weak and mediocre I thought.

I didn't disagree! :D I even cut it down to five issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"