Comics Official NEW MUTANTS Discussion Thread

This is the second time I've seen Sunspot shoot some energy from his hands. It's officially part of his mutant powers

Magma is looking a whole lot like X-factor Jean Grey there

This is the second time I've seen Sunspot shoot some energy from his hands. It's officially part of his mutant powers
It has been since the 90s. Wells chose to ignore his Askani enhancements as his run was heavy on the 80s nostalgia but Im glad to see a more accurate representation of Sunspots abilities come back. He should also be flying

Last edited:
I didn't think it was supposed to be energy rays, but more like dark plasma globs of energy. No, not like Boom Boom. But more in keeping with his codename being Sunspot.

Then again, it's been a long time since I've read my X-Force collection.

1314023532.jpg

Hopefully with at least half of his full powers back! :argh:

Wonder who the cloud broad is flying in the back?

I make out Dani, Cypher, Sunspot and Warlock. Maybe thats not a chick flying, but Sam

NEWMUTANTS033_Preview_Cov_Col.jpg

NEW MUTANTS #33 & #34
Written by ANDY LANNING
Pencils by DAVID LOPEZ
Covers by JASON PEARSON
Issue #33 Regenesis Blue Variant by DALE KEOWN
Issue #33 - In the wake of the events of X-MEN: SCHISM the New Mutants find themselves at a crossroads. A decision needs to be made that will change their lives forever. Featuring fan-favorite artist David Lopez (Hawkeye & Mockingbird, Mystic).
Issue #34 - The New Mutants get back to their unfinished business! Tracking the mutant Blink, the team discovers her always near natural disaster areas. Is Blink somehow responsible for this destruction or is there something more sinister afoot? Part 1 of 3.
32 PGS. (each)/Rated T+ …$2.99 (each)

Why are the new mutants tracking my favorite characters? They are trying to get me to buy this book! If they add Adam x....

I had no idea it was for an upcoming cover. I thoguht it was fanart and assumed the brunette was Rictor

Since the New Mutants have now snatched up X-Man and are going to recruit Blink...they should go get Chamber as well...and aren't Skin and Synch back from the dead now? or did they re-die? and where the bad place is Gaia...Artie? Leech?

prv9883_cov.jpg

prv9883_pg1.jpg

prv9883_pg2.jpg

prv9883_pg3.jpg

prv9883_pg4.jpg

NEW MUTANTS #31
Written by DAN ABNETT & ANDY LANNING
Pencils & Cover by DAVID LAFUENTE
FEAR ITSELF TIE-IN
Hel ain’t a bad place to be...unless it’s been overrun by forgotten horrors and ancient gods, clamoring to swallow all creation. Then it kinda sucks. While the events of Fear Itself tear the world apart, Dani Moonstar has followed the calling of her Valkyrie blood to the Viking underworld to save the queen of the dead.
Can the rest of the New Mutants make it to Hel in time to save her and the souls of Valhalla from total Oblivion?
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Why are the new mutants tracking my favorite characters? They are trying to get me to buy this book! If they add Adam x....
I feel the same way
Since the New Mutants have now snatched up X-Man and are going to recruit Blink...they should go get Chamber as well...and aren't Skin and Synch back from the dead now? or did they re-die? and where the bad place is Gaia...Artie? Leech?
I would love that but Marvel hate Gen X too much to allow that to happen.

I don't know if I buy that marvel specifically hates Generation X..it could be moreso that this editorial team may not care for them much. it will take another few years then those that grew up with Gen X will revive them, kinda like whats being done with New Mutants now.

It was a tongue in cheek comment Marvel don't literally hate the Generation X characters

Maggot!!!

:awesome:

NEWMUT035_cov.jpg

NEW MUTANTS #35
Written by DAN ABNETT & Andy Lanning
Penciled by David Lopez
Cover by Leo Fernandez
Variant Cover by Jason Pearson
X-MEN REGENESIS
On a mission to track down the runaway mutant known as Blink the team runs smack into chaotic forces summoned by a band of Death Metal rockers. Yes, you read right: It’s the New Mutants VS the awesome powers of Metal! Part 2 of 3
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"