Just Read Infinite Crisis and have a question...

kguillou

Avenger
Reaction score
Infinite Crisis was an amazing (and really confusing) read and a breath of fresh air from Marvel right now. I just have a question, does this mean that the original superman is dead? If i understand correctly, the superman that Superboy Prime beat to death was the Superman from Action Comics #1, the original right? I just need this little clarification thanks.

Yes, The original Superman From Earth-2 and technically Action Comics #1 is dead. He got his face pounded into the ground.

The original Superman from Earth-2, actually.

Super_Child said:
Yes, The original Superman From Earth-2 and technically Action Comics #1 is dead. He got his face pounded into the ground.
Slight correction for you.

kguillou said:
Infinite Crisis was an amazing read and a breath of fresh air from Marvel right now.
Then come outside and switch over to the fresh air permanently. Because you're right. Marvel's pretty damned stale.

Super_Child said:
Thankyou.... I knew that, Its late.
I made the exact same mistake myself last week. :o
Aristotle said:
Then come outside and switch over to the fresh air permanently. Because you're right. Marvel's pretty damned stale.
Depends on what title you're taking about. Marvel publishes some of the best titles out there currently, IMO.

CConn said:
I made the exact same mistake myself last week. :o
Depends on what title you're taking about. Marvel publishes some of the best titles out there currently, IMO.

I'll try my best:

-Nightwing (starting with Issue #125)

-Action Comics (starting with #845)

-Detective Comics

-Green Lantern Corps

wow, *snifle* so the original man of steel is dead, wow. I guess DC is really trying to create a new beginning. R.I.P. Superman...

kguillou said:
wow, *snifle* so the original man of steel is dead, wow. I guess DC is really trying to create a new beginning. R.I.P. Superman...
He already died in the first Crisis in the eighties. But DC and the writers made some hocus-pocus and retconned it so that the four people didn't die, but went to that heaven dimension.

Edit: Checked my copy and you're right. Though I still doubt they were ever supposed to come back from there.

Uhm, no, he didn't die in the original Crisis at all. He's shown to be going to that dimension with Superboy and Lois. Alex is the one who opens the portal.

Harlekin said:
Uhm, no, he didn't die in the original Crisis at all. He's shown to be going to that dimension with Superboy and Lois. Alex is the one who opens the portal.

Exactly.

According to Justice Society of America #1, Kal-L of Krypton may not be gone for good...

Me, I'm hoping DC makes a JLAfterlife ongoing. All the dead heroes vs. all the dead villains. Imagine, Earth-2 Superman, Eath-1 Supergirl, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, etc. etc. It'd be a good way to tell new stories about the characters without having to bring them back.

Would they call it Earth-A?

EDIT: ...dammit, there's already an Earth-A.

But the spirits of characters from the infinite Earths never made it to the post crisis afterlife. Closest to that has probably been Morrisons last few issues of Animal Man.

Seeing the original Ultraman and Streaky the Supercat put a smile on my face.

*scribblescribble*

A JLAfterlife is a good concept though. Bunch of dead villains find a way to come back to life using living villains to make the switch with. And to stop the two teams of villains, a new JLA made of dead heroes must coordinate efforts with the living Justice League to stop things from going all crazy.

Purple Man said:
But the spirits of characters from the infinite Earths never made it to the post crisis afterlife. Closest to that has probably been Morrisons last few issues of Animal Man.

Seeing the original Ultraman and Streaky the Supercat put a smile on my face.

*scribblescribble*

A JLAfterlife is a good concept though. Bunch of dead villains find a way to come back to life using living villains to make the switch with. And to stop the two teams of villains, a new JLA made of dead heroes must coordinate efforts with the living Justice League to stop things from going all crazy.

Ah, but Earth-2 Superman and Lois are both in the post-Crisis afterlife, according to IC#7 and Justice Society #1.

Besides, it can't all be the Giffen/DeMatteis league. Fire, Guy, and Power Girl are still alive, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"