Question about wifi

GoldenAgeHero

Avenger
Reaction score
now with the upcoming wii( that i plan on getting) which will have wifi, it worries me that i may not get the chance to take advanatage of it. I'm on dial up, yes the evil dial up which you all hate and yes you would not want me joining you in your live game play sessions. but goddamnit i want to play super smash bros brawl, online. there are several hotspots in my area, theres a mcdonalds within a 1 mile radius. knowing that whatelse would i need to take advatage of wifi or do i need to upgrade to dsl(which i find painfully expensive these days).

GoldenAgeHero said:
now with the upcoming wii( that i plan on getting) which will have wifi, it worries me that i may not get the chance to take advanatage of it. I'm on dial up, yes the evil dial up which you all hate and yes you would not want me joining you in your live game play sessions. but goddamnit i want to play super smash bros brawl, online. there are several hotspots in my area, theres a mcdonalds within a 1 mile radius. knowing that whatelse would i need to take advatage of wifi or do i need to upgrade to dsl(which i find painfully expensive these days).

Wifi needs a router to work.. so Dial up isn't compatible at all. And even with hotspots, it all depends on how close they are, and whether they are code locked or not.

If I were your neighbour I'd let you leetch off my wireless connection. :up: But I'm all the way in Canada so. :o Yeah, you gotta upgrade. Go with broadband.

your canadian?! not that theres anything wrong with that. arghh i didnt want to pay for broadband..too much money. we'll see how desperate i get.

GoldenAgeHero said:
your canadian?! not that theres anything wrong with that. arghh i didnt want to pay for broadband..too much money. we'll see how desperate i get.

It's worth it. You can play online games and it is MUCH faster.

yeah, but im trying to look for a provider, bellsouth gives you 256 kbs dl for 24.95...im not gonna pay 24.95 for that dl speed. im trying to see if aol is available to me since they chrage 25.90 for 1.5.

Its shocking how many people dont even enable basic security settings with WiFi.

One of the best things the PSP could do was Auto detect an access point. I gathered a whole list of access points in my general area thanks to that portable device :p

GoldenAgeHero said:
You expect a hotpost to work over a mile. You got hopes. You might pick it up. But the signal would be so weak you'd be lucky to be getting 1 kbps speed out of it. If it would even stay connected. For a hotspot to be effective for you it needs to be a few hundred meters away.

I pity you if you can only get DSL. It's not worth it. We pay $39.99/month for 10 Mbps cable. Cable it's the only form of broadband that's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"