question for guys - do you like any chick flicks?

Teen comedy and chick flick are not the same thing in my book.

'Errrrbody, guy and girl, watched and loved Mean Girls during my high school days. Not 'errrrbody was loving P.S. I Love You.

Everyone adored 10 Things I Hate About You, but not Bridget Jones.

It's a chick flick made for men.
I heard that the Fast and Furious franchise was that. :o

I've seen plenty of movies labeled as one thing or another. Some of them are deliberately targeted at a specific gender or subset within a gender. "Chick flicks" are usually romance movies although I've known plenty of women who find them as dull as most men seemingly do.

I have seen several that were good but like any genre there are plenty more which weren't worth seeing. If something looks interesting I'll watch it regardless of the tag.

Does Bring It On count? I know back in 2000 that was like every dude's guilty pleasure movie.

It was certainly one of my guilty pleasures for so many reasons. :woot:. I tend to agree however that chick flick and teen flick are too separate things and get mixed a little too much.

Teen comedy and chick flick are not the same thing in my book.

'Errrrbody, guy and girl, watched and loved Mean Girls during my high school days. Not 'errrrbody was loving P.S. I Love You.

Everyone adored 10 Things I Hate About You, but not Bridget Jones.

So if it's popular then it's not a chick flick? :confused:

Mean Girls isn't just a film about being a teenager. It's specifically about being a teenage girl... The gossip, the trend setting, the popular girls, the boy crushes, the weight obsession, the back stabbing etc.

Just because it was universally funny, doesn't make it not a chick flick.

I got the perfect one guys, A League of Their Own. Purest definition of a chick flick but still just an all around great movie

Does Bring It On count? I know back in 2000 that was like every dude's guilty pleasure movie.

I ain't even gonna front neither man, I seem a good number of the sequels. The one with Hayden Panetierre was ok

I got the perfect one guys, A League of Their Own. Purest definition of a chick flick but still just an all around great movie

:up:

"There's no crying in baseball!!"

I guess Bridesmaids is technically one.

Titanic. Never did see The Notebook. My mom and sister have always been obsessed with Georgia Rule an by god I hate myself for even slightly liking it.

I like Chick Flicks that are outside the norm. I'm not a fan of ones like The Proposal or 27 Dresses where it's usually just man/woman don't get on but by the end they get together.

I prefer ones that are a bit different. Like the non-linear (500) Days of Summer. Ensemble pieces with multiple stories like Crazy, Stupid, Love or just flat out stupidness like Mean Girls.

I heard that the Fast and Furious franchise was that. :o

I've seen plenty of movies labeled as one thing or another. Some of them are deliberately targeted at a specific gender or subset within a gender. "Chick flicks" are usually romance movies although I've known plenty of women who find them as dull as most men seemingly do.

I have seen several that were good but like any genre there are plenty more which weren't worth seeing. If something looks interesting I'll watch it regardless of the tag.

I don't like most romantic comedies , but if you throw in an interesting premise or Paul Rudd I can easily be hooked in. I thought several of the films mentioned in this thread were good

Yeah I'm the same as above. The premise needs to be interesting.

I can just look at the films like What's Your Number and immediately be like "Nah" but stuff like Easy A will draw me in cause it's just more appealing. It has a decent premise and actual funny moments.

I'd say I like the same percentage of "chick flicks" as I do any other genre or category of movies.

You can't beat The Notebook.

Where does Before Sunrise, and it's two sequels fall under? Because I do like those a bunch.

As a female, I guess I can't really comment, but I did have a couple guys in college tell me they really liked "Ghost" even though they considered it a "chick flick".

I legitimately liked the Notebook. **** all y'all.

Not sure if these count:
Blue Valentine
(500) Days of Summer
Mean Girls

Good chick flicks are some of my favorite movies (like Love Actually and Chasing Amy).

Mmm...Bridesmaids?

I guess...

I'd confess to Bridesmaids, then.

I don't know if it counts, but Muriel's Wedding is a stone-cold classic. I never get tired of that movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"