Chick Flicks

the last son

Superhero
Reaction score
Any other guys enjoy chick flicks? Now I don't mean the crappy ones but good ones I really don't mind. Love stories really get to me. I loved The Notebook and A Walk To Remember. A Walk To Remember I actually enjoyed a little more. But Am I the only guy who can admit If the story looks good I'll sit down and watch a chick flick on my own?

I will watch on my own, but I do prefer using my wife as an excuse to watch them. The Notebook, Mean Girls, and Titanic are really all considered chick flicks, and I will watch them all. I am actually pretty pumped to pick up Pitch Perfect from redbox after work.

I like RomComs alot. I can't tell you how many times I've watched Just Friends.

Just Friends is actually one of the first ones that popped into my head. Been way too long since I watched that.

Just friends was pretty good. I even enjoyed Tristan and isolde.

I love chick flicks. No shame.

Just Friends, Love Actually, When Harry Met Sally, You've Got Mail, Hope Springs, As Good as It Gets, Sleepless in Seattle, Friends with Benefits, No Strings Attached, Along Came Polly, 500 Days of Summer, One Fine Day, Attack of the Clones are among my favorites.

By the way, did watch Pitch Perfect last night, and was a big fan, especially the parts with John Michael Higgins and Elizabeth Banks.

Ah, yes. Another great flick (it does have Anna Kendrick in a leading role, after all).

Every dude needs at least one chick flick in his arsenal to impress the ladies, just to show there's a soft side to his tough exterior. :hehe:

Brief Encounter is terrific. So is The Earrings of Madame de... , if that counts. And Four Nights of a Dreamer, if one is lucky enough to find that on DVD.

I mostly like, Steel Magnolias with Sally Field & Julia Roberts, Titanic, is Annie & City Of Angels considered chick flicks?

I'd say Titanic's a chick flick, and I forgot to put that on the list. Love that one.

500 Days of summer is my go to chick flick. My wife is currently into "What to expect when you're expecting" And I def don't mind watching that.

I really liked the Notebook,,, it was the only chick flick i have seen that the male character didnt have to be a prince, filthy rich or have everything to win over the female.

I'm not sure they're chick flicks, but MEET JOE BLACK and LOVE ACTUALLY are two of my favorite movies.

I think the term chick flick has become too broad now. It seems it refers to any movie without CGI in it.

I love chick flicks. No shame.

Just Friends, Love Actually, When Harry Met Sally, You've Got Mail, Hope Springs, As Good as It Gets, Sleepless in Seattle, Friends with Benefits, No Strings Attached, Along Came Polly, 500 Days of Summer, One Fine Day, Attack of the Clones are among my favorites.

:funny:

Pretty Woman was entertaining.

And Love Actually and Sleepless in Seatle are good films.

I cannot consider Tristan and Isolde as a 'chick flick.' And I don't think that producer Ridley Scott intended for it to be one. Just another of his historical and sometimes romantic films of the Middle Ages: Kingdom of Heaven, Robin Hood, 1492, Pillars of the Earth.

I'll also add that I like Love and Basketball, The Best Man, Along Came Polly, and 10 Things I Hate About You.

I will admit, I do enjoy Notting Hill even though Julia Roberts is as stiff as a board throughout. Oh, I do like 13 Going on 30 but that's got more to do with Jennifer Garner than anything. Those age-swap movies tend to be all the same in terms of plot but it's the actor/actress that makes or brakes those types of movies for me and Garner was great in it, especially since it was really her first major role outside the Alias/action roles she previously played, it showed she had range and also great comedic talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"