question on symbolism

PLAS

Avenger
Reaction score
this is a serious question
does anybody know what is the meaning of a symbol of a black scorpion with a red apple?
just wondering

nope, I was asked about it, and I'm asking about it
it would be a black scorpion with or inside or holding a red apple
methinks it's about my girlfriend's tattoo, she has a black tribal scorpion on her back (looks really sexy, by the way) and apparently, she wants to add the apple
I've known that in some cultures apples symbolize women, and since she's a scorpio...

wimmens

So are you just trying to figure historical symbolism or just what each item could personally stand for?

Son Of Logan said:
So are you just trying to figure historical symbolism or just what each item could personally stand for?
both

why dont you just ask her? omg scorpion tattoo hahahahHAHHAHAhahaha!

OK....well you've explained the reason for the scorpion, what about the apple? Wisdom? Original sin?

Spider-Face said:
why dont you just ask her? omg scorpion tattoo hahahahHAHHAHAhahaha!
what's so funny about that?

Apple

apple.gif

It is a complex symbol, with a variety of meanings and incorporated in a variety of contexts. It can mean love, knowledge, wisdom, joy, death, and/or luxury. The apple could be an erotic association with a woman's BREASTS, with the core sliced in half representing the vulva. In Greek mythology, the apple appears repeatedly; Hera received an apple as a symbol of fertility upon her engagement to Zeus. The apple of the Garden of Eden, is the symbol of temptation and of original sin. In secular terms, the apple functions as a symbol for the cosmos or totality, due to its nearly perfect spherical shape.

http://www.umich.edu/~umfandsf/symbolismproject/symbolism.html/A/apple.html

PLAS said:
what's so funny about that?

its just the sort of tattoo a chav would have here in the uk. dont blow a gasket. eheh AHhah.

Spider-Face said:
its just the sort of tattoo a chav would have here in the uk. dont blow a gasket. eheh AHhah.
since I have no idea what a chav is, and neither me nor my girlfriend live in the UK, and she got the scorpion tatoo like four years ago, I don't mind... I was just asking

don't mind Plas, it's a british thing.

it's like when we watch family guy and don't get all the references.

:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"