Comics Question on Venom

JoWall

Civilian
Reaction score
Can someone help me out. I stopped following comics right about the time Venom came on the scene.

I don't understand why Venom as a symbiote on a human, is this wild monster like beast with viscious teeth and claws etc... and when the symbiote was on Peter Parker, it was just like a costume, it didn't manifest any physical changes in appearance. Was this just some creative liberties taken by the artists or was there ever an explanation?

Help me out.

Thanks

Yeah, creative liberties, basically. You're always going to get some hideous-looking boogie man for a supervillain when Todd McFarlane is on the art. I suppose his looks could be blamed on the "shared hatred" that Eddie Brock and the symbiote have for Peter Parker, though. Like aunt May's line from the SM3 trailer, "Uncle Ben wouldn't want us living with revenge in our hearts, it's like a poison. It can take you over and turn us into something ugly." Same concept.

Perhaps it had something to do with Eddie Brock's mentality. Not so much the hatred in his heart (although I'd bet that played a part), but the symbiote responds to mental commands. Granted, after bonding with Peter it will always carry the white spider and eyes and the like, but likely Brock had some sort of mental say in how things looked. Perhaps he wanted to look like a monster.

Instead of making another question thread I thought I might aswell ask in here.

I've been a fan for years, so appologies if this is a dumb question. Venom has all of Spidey's other powers, and can block Peter's spider-sense, but does Venom have a spider-sense of his own?

Instead of making another question thread I thought I might aswell ask in here.

I've been a fan for years, so appologies if this is a dumb question. Venom has all of Spidey's other powers, and can block Peter's spider-sense, but does Venom have a spider-sense of his own?

Yes and no. He has a sort of extra sensory perception (he can sense and track other symbiotes) but he cant sense danger the way Peter can.

Umm besides artist liberty, the host can manipulate the shape of the suit to what he/she desires. Peter wanted a new spiderman suit. So he models it in combination of spider womans and his old suit. The symbiote is also kinda smart so it didnt go venom like on peter. Brock gave into his hatred and wanted to pretty much be a frightening monster. Scorpion also has demonstrated manipulation of the suit. It now more scorpion then spider.

I figured it might also have something to do with the fact that Eddie Brock was so mentally and emotionally unstable. That could have been an unconscious manifestation of his unhinged mind. Sorta the way Carnage has those tendrils all over the place on his costume, and he's even more nuts than Venom is.

Don't think there's anything in the comics to support this...But I always thought it was because Parker ultimately rejected the suit, whereas Brock totally embraced it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"