Sequels Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
^
raw

:o

Yeah, I was gonna respond to that post but I deleted it before posting it :o

That's my whole problem with the Venom thing. If you really wanted to introduce Venom or the symbiotes, wouldn't Infinity War be the perfect scenario to make that happen? Seriously, it's perfect. I know it's not Secret War, but that could be your whole setup for symbiotes, Venom, etc.

I don't think any of the Netflix Marvel characters like Daredevil or Luke Cage will even be in IW? so I doubt a property they have to get permission to use would be.

If they're going to treat this project like the Marvel Television shows(Agent Carter, AOS and Netflix) where it's "loosely" connected, then they SHOULD make it so people don't feel like it's a burden to watch.

You don't have to watch any of the Marvel shows even though they're some what connected to the broader MCU. They're there for your viewing pleasure and it doesn't really connect much to the main story.

My only fear on this project is that Hardy's Venom will appear in a future Spider-Man film where it almost feels like you need to watch it to get a backstory of some sort.

And before anyone gets on my case about this, I have every right to feel worried given Sony's track record. :p

I don't think any of the Netflix Marvel characters like Daredevil or Luke Cage will even be in IW? so I doubt a property they have to get permission to use would be.
They used Aunt May and Peter in Civil War...so what's the problem?

I just don't think they'd introduce something in IW that would mainly connect to a Sony Venom movie.
Well this is what I don't understand. Let's put the Sony movie aside. Why not create the symbiote/Venom in Infinity War to set up a later Spider-Man sequel and then maybe Venom later?

I just don't get why you wouldn't want your massive Venom vs. Spider-Man movie?

I just think it's so dumb the hole fuss being made about the Venom movie being part of this and that. From the beginning i got the sense of what was going on and i didn't get why people are making this a big deal. Maybe i am miss something...

Step 1 - Get Spider-Man in the MCU.
Step 2 - Start a new Spider-Man franchise.
Step 3 - Build up their own universe...The Spider-Man universe. "SCU".

This is a Sony/Marvel deal.
Step 1 was basically to benefit Marvel by giving the MCU that boost, Spider-Man joined Civil War and will also be in IW's. That's the Marvel side of the deal.

Step 2 is the Sony's side of the deal in which Marvel helps them out with rebooting the Spider-Man franchise. First by having Spider-Man introduced in a very successful franchise/universe like Civil War/MCU. And then borrowing Iron Man so that the general audience realizes this is a brand new and fresh thing.

Step 3 is all Sony's. It's their universe. They are gonna build it up with all the other characters that we're announced and try and have their own SCU(Sony/Spider-Man Cinematic Universe).

What the Sony producer was trying to say is that... "oh yeh Venom and all the other movies are part of the Spider-Man universe which in turn is in the MCU". So it's basically 2 universes, Marvel's and Sony's with Spider-Man being the linchpin in between. So no, Venom wont be directly in the MCU and neither will the other Sony proprieties... they will interact with Spider-Man wich is in the MCU but that's different.

Last edited:
It works like this:

mzk9Epf.jpg
Exactly. 2 different universes that will co-exist next to each other.
So Sony can do whatever they want on their side, a Venom movie, a Black Cat and Silver Sable movie... It's basically Sony rebooting Spider-Man and building their own universe around him. And they can do whatever they want, they can have the R-rated Venom...

I never believed that the Venom, Black Cat and Silver Sable were something else. Form the beginning it was clear to me at least that Sony wanted to launch their own universe as they tried with the Amazing Spider-Man 2. They failed and now they are going at it again...

Kevin Feige is just like "you guys do whatever you want just don't drag the MCU into this". And she is like "well our things are all connected to Spider-Man which is in the MCU". And he is like "****!". It kind almost looks like he didn't realize that was their plan all along but he must have at some point, he was just caught of guard...

Last edited:
I want him to look like classic 616 Venom, black though with some blueish purple highlights to make it look otherworldly depending on where the light catches it. A little movement, during important actions (suiting up, a moment of supreme rage, etc) would be fine, but I don't want it to be constantly flowing or him to look like Ultimate at all.

Save the constant motion for Carnage since he's so wild and crazy.

Also, keep Brock a large, fit man, no 10 foot tall blob monster-hulk. Let's go with a good sensible mix of practical fx and cgi.

Also...no cannibalism.
I wonder what they are going to do with the eyes? They can look lifeless easily. I don't think it worked it SM3:

latest

spider-man-3-spider-man-8747643-720-4801.jpg

Something that looks good in the comics might not looks good on film.

Well this is what I don't understand. Let's put the Sony movie aside. Why not create the symbiote/Venom in Infinity War to set up a later Spider-Man sequel and then maybe Venom later?

I just don't get why you wouldn't want your massive Venom vs. Spider-Man movie?

From a Disney perspective? All Sony movies (including Spider-Man) benefit Sony more than Disney. From Disney's perspective, Spider-Man is worthwhile because he can promote Disney films. But a Venom vs. Spider-Man movie would still be a Sony film.

I just think it's so dumb the hole fuss being made about the Venom movie being part of this and that. From the beginning i got the sense of what was going on and i didn't get why people are making this a big deal. Maybe i am miss something...

Step 1 - Get Spider-Man in the MCU.
Step 2 - Start a new Spider-Man franchise.
Step 3 - Build up their own universe...The Spider-Man universe. "SCU".

This is a Sony/Marvel deal.
Step 1 was basically to benefit Marvel by giving the MCU that boost, Spider-Man joined Civil War and will also be in IW's. That's the Marvel side of the deal.

Step 2 is the Sony's side of the deal in which Marvel helps them out with rebooting the Spider-Man franchise. First by having Spider-Man introduced in a very successful franchise/universe like Civil War/MCU. And then borrowing Iron Man so that the general audience realizes this is a brand new and fresh thing.

Step 3 is all Sony's. It's their universe. They are gonna build it up with all the other characters that we're announced and try and have their own SCU(Sony/Spider-Man Cinematic Universe).

What the Sony producer was trying to say is that... "oh yeh Venom and all the other movies are part of the Spider-Man universe which in turn is in the MCU". So it's basically 2 universes, Marvel's and Sony's with Spider-Man being the linchpin in between. So no, Venom wont be directly in the MCU and neither will the other Sony proprieties... they will interact with Spider-Man wich is in the MCU but that's different.

Exactly. 2 different universes that will co-exist next to each other.
So Sony can do whatever they want on their side, a Venom movie, a Black Cat and Silver Sable movie... It's basically Sony rebooting Spider-Man and building their own universe around him. And they can do whatever they want, they can have the R-rated Venom...

I never believed that the Venom, Black Cat and Silver Sable were something else. Form the beginning it was clear to me at least that Sony wanted to launch their own universe as they tried with the Amazing Spider-Man 2. They failed and now they are going at it again...

Kevin Feige is just like "you guys do whatever you want just don't drag the MCU into this". And she is like "well our things are all connected to Spider-Man which is in the MCU". And he is like "****!". It kind almost looks like he didn't realize that was their plan all along but he must have at some point, he was just caught of guard...

Agree on both accounts....what I was trying to convey on what appear to be happening, imo. You did a much better job in conveying what a few here, has been trying to say. :up:

Agree on both accounts....what I was trying to convey on what appear to be happening, imo. You did a much better job in conveying what a few here, has been trying to say. :up:
Thank you man. :)
Oh and i am excited about the Tom Hardy casting. He's capable of bringing something special to the table if things are done right and they don't undercut the villain and undermine the movie itself.

I wonder what they are going to do with the eyes? They can look lifeless easily.
Very good point! The eyes are something that's been in the back of my head. I'm not sure how to avoid making them look lifeless and like a decoration. I don't want them to give him Gargan eyes, but I did like how Javier Saltares drew them:
makemyday.jpg

santatransform.jpg

How would you go about doing them? I think maybe making them a bit off-white, messing with the sheen, and having the shapes move every once in a while during conversing or attacking, will help the audience associate them with functioning eyes rather than empty patches. Also, I think going with a less dramatic and messy eye shape will help things along.

Very good point! The eyes are something that's been in the back of my head. I'm not sure how to avoid making them look lifeless and like a decoration. I don't want them to give him Gargan eyes, but I did like how Javier Saltares drew them:

How would you go about doing them? I think maybe making them a bit off-white, messing with the sheen, and having the shapes move every once in a while during conversing or attacking, will help the audience associate them with functioning eyes rather than empty patches. Also, I think going with a less dramatic and messy eye shape will help things along.
I think they should change shape and size. Like Spidey's eyes. Or maybe they should be like in The Animated Series
Venom003.jpg

It would look a little bit like he has pupils. I don't know.

These kind of eyes that change shape would also look cool
4cbfda0a37cc4a46107a45d3da8c1a94.jpg

Thank you man. :)
Oh and i am excited about the Tom Hardy casting. He's capable of bringing something special to the table if things are done right and they don't undercut the villain and undermine the movie itself.

On the flip side...that's exactly what a number of poster fear will happen...and rightly so, given Sony's track record. I'm cautiously excited about the prospect & potential of these projects; but, come on, there is a reason Sony acquiring assistance from Marvel with the Spidey franchise...so obviously, given the universe they tried to build previously, would naturally cause a feverish pessimistic attitude toward anything Sony put out, on their own accord.

I know Marvel really wanted Spider-man in the MCU, but are they willing to let Sony create their own movies and taint the MCU brand by association?

Plus, if Sony's using all the villains, who will they use in the Spider-man sequels? Don't tell me we are going to get Green Goblin for a third time.

That's my whole problem with the Venom thing. If you really wanted to introduce Venom or the symbiotes, wouldn't Infinity War be the perfect scenario to make that happen? Seriously, it's perfect. I know it's not Secret War, but that could be your whole setup for symbiotes, Venom, etc.
I suspect infinity war can probably work well for a symbiotic introduction but we can't say for certain because we haven't seen infinity war yet.
I prefer they actually do it in secret wars simmilar to the comic book. While on the alien planet, His suit gets damaged. From an extra terrestrial merchant he acquires this black goo thing that you can manipulate into whatever clothing you imagine.
Later on in a solo Spider-Man movie he discovers its alive and trying to bond with him permanently.

Last edited:
It leaves us with more things to look forward to post infinity war. And it grants us more time separating this venom from the last one keeping things fresh. Give Spider-Man time to face other villains prior to dealing with venom.

I wish Sony wasn't making this venom movie. Man Sony sucks.

Honestly id find it odd that marvel would want to keep it secret that they were helping with the spin offs and i also would find it odd that they would need to play coy over the idea of spider-man appearing in films with characters from the spideyverse

Sony are speeding ahead with these spin off movies and somehow finding ways to create new ones.

Venom (with carnage)
Black cat and silver sable
Mysterio/Kraven
Sinister 6 (Villain Avengers)

That could end up being the case... although i don't think it would stop Sony even if it wasn't the case.

Last edited:
Bale for Carnage.

You merely adopted the symbiote

Sorry but its really mayhem
If Venom and spin-off are part of Spidey-Holland verse so they are part of MCU

Or the Spidey one in Venom-Sonyverse isnt Tom Holland

I cant conceive Venom isnt part of MCU while Spiderman/Tom Holland is in Venom-Sonyverse

Make it simply, lets include Venom in MCU.

At the beginning, Legion and others X-series are not considered as part of X-men movieverse but finally they change their mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"