Iron Man 2 Questions about Iron Man 2

Conebone69

The Legend Ends
Reaction score
I thought I would make a thread for all those curious people out there (who arent always on the forums) who have some questions about the upcoming film. I have a few myself that I was curious about:

1: What is the reasoning for Tony to change the circle on his chest to a rectangle? Why does he need to upgrade the suit?

2. Does Whiplash's armor change throughout the movie, or does it just stay as what we have seen?

3. Are we going to see some Avengers hints?

I can answer the first and second question for you according to the Novel.

Question 1. He changes it because the metal he uses is slowly poisoning him. The reason he makes it a triangle is because of the molecular shape of the new metal he uses which is Vibranium.

Question 2. According to the Novel Whiplash upgrades his suit for the final battle, which we probably won't see until the film.

1: What is the reasoning for Tony to change the circle on his chest to a rectangle? Why does he need to upgrade the suit?
Tony's long-term exposure to Palladium, an element necessary for the circular reactor to function, starts killing him. So, he changes to a triangular reactor powered by a Particle Accelerator, which doesn't require the use of Palladium.

2. Does Whiplash's armor change throughout the movie, or does it just stay as what we have seen?
Whiplash does upgrade his armor.

3. Are we going to see some Avengers hints?
Yes.

Sweet, thanks guys :up:

And for those of have read the novel,would you say the story line is better or worse compared to the first movie?

Last edited by a moderator:
And for those of have read the novel,would you say the story line is better or worse compared to the first movie?
the story line was not that impressive but it all depends upon the presentation...

The novel is based on the first screenplay so obviously it doesn't have the flair that Robert and Jon gave the first one.

However I think the story is solid, I especially love Vanko in the novel.
Therefore i'm sure that with slight modifications from Jon and co. the 2nd film will be just as good if not better than the first one.

The novel is based on the first screenplay so obviously it doesn't have the flair that Robert and Jon gave the first one.

However I think the story is solid, I especially love Vanko in the novel.
Therefore i'm sure that with slight modifications from Jon and co. the 2nd film will be just as good if not better than the first one.

I hope it's a worthy and solid sequel. I'm trying to lower my expectations so i'm not too hyped. For me this one has a lot to live up to since i'm a sucker for origin films and Favreau handled Stark/Iron Man's very well.

To be honest with you Figs i couldn't compare Iron Man to Iron Man 2. It's the continuation of something i have waited for for a long time.

I see all these up coming films, Thor, Cap etc.. as a series of films (instead of separate franchises) leading up to Avengers. I won't compare them all because they all add to this bigger picture.
And that big picture is what i'm looking forward to.

I understand what you're saying RaZaTron but as far as cinema goes, sequels should in fact be compared to the original. It's great all these Marvel films are leading up to the Avengers film(years ago in the 90's who would have thought this would have come together)but I don't think comparisons between sequels should be taken out of the equation.

I loved Iron Man and loved all the nods to the Avengers film but IF the sequel was worse than the first I would be very disappointed regardless if it had even more connections to the Avengers film. I believe that not only should you compare a sequel to the film that came before it but judge it on it's own as well.

A good example would be Kill Bill. Essentially it's one long movie even though the first half and second half have different tones. I can judge one against the other still. I can't wait to see The Avengers film but even after it is released I won't dismiss any critiques about the movies before it that linked the series all together. They are their own films with little ties to each other.

Another question.

Why is whiplash a threat to iron man? Iron man is a pretty strong superhero, but I don't see how a guy with electric whips could be a threat to him. Couldn't iron man shoot him with a mere beam from his palm, and instantly kill him?

Well in the new tv spot Whiplash is seen being able to shield himself from the repulsor beam by using the whips to absorb it. Seeing as Stark only had his suitcase armor with him, he wouldn't have his full range of weapons available. That's when they first meet though, it'll be a different case when Whiplash has his version 2 armor against the full Iron Man armor. 10 days until I'm sitting in that cinema, can't wait guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"