Questions for a Film MASTER. Is it you?

GhostPoet

Superhero
Reaction score
So, I was thinking back to where film genre's first started and it got me wondering on something...and i'm sure someone here can answer these questions. Infact, i'm sure some here will find it fun trying to remember these answers.

1) What was the first horror film to have a limb cut/torn off (scene must include blood)

2) What was the first film to be considered an "Action Hero" film.

3) What was the first action film to have a tough acting lead female actress as the main hero.

Have fun!
(forgot to add the one rule: American films only.)

Last edited:
I've seen a **** ton of films but those questions are kind of hard. I would have to find a site that would list every movie released every year from the time movies were created.

#3...just going out on a limb here I'm guessing Weaver in Alien/Aliens

First films to have a toilet being flushed on screen? (US only)

First action hero...Indiana Jones? Are we counting the silent film era?

First film to feature on screen kiss between two females?

First film to feature on screen kiss between two males?

Not a perv. Just curious, lol.

Oranges Aren't The Only Fruit. Not sure about males. Maybe my beatiful Laundrette, but that was in the 80's and I'm sure another movie did it before.

First action hero...Indiana Jones? Are we counting the silent film era?

One could consider possibly James Bond from back in the 60's. Unless someone has objections to him being considered one.
(oh and let's keep to non-silent films)

Correct me if i'm wrong...but the 1963 film Blood Feast was the first horror film to show limbs being cut/torn off with blood.

Correct me if i'm wrong...but the 1963 film Blood Feast was the first horror film to show limbs being cut/torn off with blood.

As far as I can remember, I think you're right with that one. It's hard to say with how many movies there are in each genre.

I have some recollection of a girl on girl kiss in an old Marlene Dietrich picture.

1) What was the first horror film to have a limb cut/torn off (scene must include blood)

Well, 'Freaks' (1932) featured limbless main characters. I don't think that really counts, because they don't actually show them getting cut off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"